PDA

View Full Version : Its trikefest 2014 time!!!!

JasonB
01-03-2014, 01:02 PM
WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE TIME!!! only a few short months away from Trikefest 2014, time to start building bikes and planning convoys to get there!!!! What are you bringing to ride, and is it ready yet :crazy: :D :naughty: go ask off work before you forget :cool:

Trikefest is traditionally held the weekend after Fathers Day weekend, which this year falls on the weekend of the 21st and 22nd of June. If it's different than that please let me know! Also, if you dont know it is held at Haspin Acres offroad park http://www.haspinacres.com/

So what are you bringing or building for this year?!?!?! WHO'S READY?!?!?! :Bounce

just ben
01-03-2014, 01:24 PM
what took you so long Jason? I have waiting for this thread for a month!

keister
01-03-2014, 01:26 PM
I am ready!! I could pack up and leave today. Should have a few new tricks up my sleeve again this year.

Been anxiously waiting for Jason to start his annual thread. We are on the downhill side of the calendar now.

This year looks like P3, R, 400X, 250ES, 125M, and Fat Cat. That should cover most of my TrikeFesting needs.

Let's hear some chatter........

keister
01-03-2014, 01:29 PM
what took you so long Jason? I have waiting for this thread for a month!

I was ready to send him a PM asking "what's the hold up." And the thread suddenly appeared. Yessss, another Christmas miracle.

Billy Golightly
01-03-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm anxious to have, but unsure I will have, the Rotax 400R there. We shall see!

Outlaw #24
01-03-2014, 02:20 PM
You guys are wearing me out. I have it on my Radar again for this year. I hope to see that 400R come out ! That is awesome.

sanchez
01-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Waiting for it to be warm enough to be in the garage, but my TF motocross yt needs the proformance exhaust and I might stuff a blaster moter in another frame. still got 2 others to fix for the invasion first

JasonB
01-03-2014, 05:04 PM
lmao i got a PM from captainweezy simply titled "YOURE LATE!!!!" hahahahah I was trying no to post whore with a thread but who care ;)

this year I plan to have the ATC500R, ATC310R, and the 87 250SX. A 70 would be nice to bring too. Im excited to get out again, hopefully this year I can spend a little more time riding with ATC-Eric BEFORE he goes to the hospital for another trikefest ER visit like 2013 :lol:

CRAZY70MAN
01-03-2014, 08:06 PM
I have yet another few creations churning out smoke in my head as we speak?? Tri z, 250r.........and maybe the shafty sidecar es again?? It seemed to come in quite handy last year? And I am bringing a............well, thats a secret still not revealed.

MRSOUND
01-03-2014, 08:31 PM
My TF project. Only sport trike I have. Swore I would have something more trail worthy. As of now also bringing 250sx (hopefully with 200x front end conversion) and BW200 at this point. Maybe even the 70 I picked up from stud25 at last years TF.
Disassembled...ready to get started

hoosierlogger
01-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Mike I have 200x triples and fork tubes. If you need them.

Hopefully I'll have the 70 done I wanted to have done last year. Blew the skirt off of the bottom of the cylinder 2 days before time to leave for tf 13

MRSOUND
01-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Greg I have a set of forks I pulled off of a 250sx I parted (still had sx triples and no brakes with a yamaha front rim with pieces of pipe for spacers). One is bent and will need to be straightened. blue27 said he may have a set of triples (if not I'll hit ya up). I got a front tire, rim, and hub off of oldschool in a trade. I got steering stop to be welded on from flyingw (just need to find where I put it lol) Only things I haven't acquired yet is brake disc and hardware, caliper/master-cylinder set up, and bars. Thank you for the offers!!!

fabiodriven
01-03-2014, 09:38 PM
I can't say I'll make it this year but I won't say I can't yet. (What?) I'm proud to say it would honestly feel odd not seeing you all every year now.

captainweezy
01-03-2014, 10:34 PM
I have a build up my sleeve that I am working on. A few of you know what it is and there will eventually be a build thread. I am vested and motivated on this one. Powdering the frame this week.
I hope to actually ride more at TF than I ever have this year.

big specht
01-04-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm planning on bringing the 70 so kizer can jocky it for me and of coarse the big red and mybe the bw350 and mybe if all goes right a secret weapon for the drags

ATC-Eric
01-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Im going to have a serious dilemma this year. I dont have enough room on my trailer to bring everything I want. :( Just had a co-worker asking me why the hell I am shopping for a 28' enclosed, he just wouldn't understand........

JasonB
01-07-2014, 10:45 AM
buy it. we need something to haul everything to the Invasion with in March.

just ben
01-07-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm planning on bringing the 70 so kizer can jocky it for me and of coarse the big red and mybe the bw350 and mybe if all goes right a secret weapon for the dragshopefully I can get a fair shake at this year.

JasonB
01-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Ben, is your 500 up and running right?

LastFoolerInVA
01-07-2014, 01:30 PM
I'll be up there with the 86sx, 85 70 & the 85 r... if I have enough time & $$$ I'd like to take the 84 r (and maybe... just maybe.. I won't grenade the motor before the drag race begins this year....) :cry:

casualty of TF2013: piston, rod, crank, counter balancer, both cases & cylinder sleeve...

just ben
01-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Ben, is your 500 up and running right?it's running mint but the frame I built it on is junk so at some point I am going to swap the frame.

atc350xer
01-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Can't wait! I am bringing my newly acquired '85 350x, my Canadian '85 200s, my '85 70 w/ 88cc kit, my '85 70/110(hopefully with an exhaust that doesn't fall off-remember the bubble machine?), and a build that I've been planning since TF last year. atctim has graciously agreed to help me with the planning and building of this sucka. It looks like 2014 will be 1985 all over again for me!

sanchez
01-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Welded the pipe on my un suspended YT for MX even without fiberglass and horribly lean but runs stronger and revs so much better
Eat yo Wheaties their might be a Yamaha wining first place unsuspended

CRAZY70MAN
01-13-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm planning on bringing the 70 so kizer can jocky it for me and of coarse the big red and mybe the bw350 and mybe if all goes right a secret weapon for the drags

Secret weapon?? What that klt200 you and Kiser drug outta my shop???:lol::lol: I am bringing my Nitro 150 and looking for a jockey as well..:lol: Bringing it with some cart tires just in case we do flat track:beer em'

big specht
01-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Nope it going to be a secret squirrel build ;)

captainweezy
01-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Nope it going to be a secret squirrel build ;)
You mean your 3 wheeled bicycle? :lol::lol::lol:

MIK6
01-13-2014, 09:40 PM
I just hope someone else brings a manco.. I would love to have someone to ride w.. I think my back is still sore from all the miles i put on mine!lmao!!

Dirtweed
01-13-2014, 10:16 PM
It's a long haul by myself from Rochester NY, but I am thinking I will make it this year. I only have the 82R to bring along.
Wouldn't bring a trailer just toss the R in the back of the Dakota.

captainweezy
01-13-2014, 10:24 PM
It's a long haul by myself from Rochester NY, but I am thinking I will make it this year. I only have the 82R to bring along.
I'm sure I will have an extra to loan if you need a spare!

MRSOUND
01-13-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm sure I will have an extra to loan if you need a spare!
And I surely can't ride 3 at a time, there will be no shortage of rides if you can make it.

Dirtweed
01-13-2014, 10:43 PM
So how brutally hot does it get there in June?

I'm pretty tame in the riding so Hopefully I won't be trashing my trike.

MIK6
01-13-2014, 10:44 PM
I had 6 w me lastyear from 1 hour further east than you.. lmao!
im sure you will have a blast!

MIK6
01-13-2014, 10:49 PM
So how brutally hot does it get there in June?

I'm pretty tame in the riding so Hopefully I won't be trashing my trike.
it gets HOT.. most people tend to wander down to the river in the heat of the day. I try to take a afternoon nap, but tend to stay up most of the nite needing that nap.. lol
the park has everything, really technical stuff to easy.. ride w someone thats been there the 1st few rides..

6speedthumper
01-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Hmmm... I'd like to go. Will have to see if that weekend is free for me or not.

Daddio
02-07-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm ready for the hot June weather and some good trike riding. I'm working on getting a 74 70 ready for this year.

shovelryder
02-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Most of my globetrotting for work is done, and this project goes "live" in March......By god, I think my two oldest boys and I are gonna make TF 2014!

ditchmud
03-08-2014, 12:22 AM
15 weeks until TRIKEFEST 2014!!

thestud25
03-08-2014, 12:51 AM
I'll beat every last one of you in everything. :naughty:

Unfortunately I won't be the first to roll in this year. I will hopefully be there by 2am Thursday morning.:cry: either way come hell or high water I'll be there.

honda200x1987
03-08-2014, 01:40 AM
I plan on going this year for the first time! It would be awesome to meet some of you guys and to see all the 3 wheelers! I will be bringing my 1987 200X!

fabiodriven
03-08-2014, 03:09 AM
I've been the first to arrive I believe the last two years? I aim to keep that run going. Hopefully we'll arrive the Sunday before as usual. Steve and I will be at each other's throats before y'all arrive.

About the heat, it gets really hot. I'll take that any day over the rain. I don't want to even discuss rain there. I spend all day every day at the river (Riverfest) which I enjoy almost as much as Trikefest. The river is a slice of heaven. It doesn't matter how hot it gets, just plunk your arse down and toss one back (and place your can in a proper receptacle). I can't wait.

ditchmud
03-08-2014, 03:59 AM
Speaking of the heat. My trailer this year will have a/c but for those of you that don't have that option- I saw a do it yourself home made air conditioner made out of a 5 gallon bucket, a fan and some ice. It seemed to work great. The video I saw the guys fan was powered by a solar panel and the bucket cooled a large room.

hoosierlogger
03-08-2014, 06:03 AM
That's called a swamp cooler Rich. They do work good for knocking the temp down a few degrees.

thestud25
03-08-2014, 10:41 PM
I've been the first to arrive I believe the last two years? I aim to keep that run going. Hopefully we'll arrive the Sunday before as usual. Steve and I will be at each other's throats before y'all arrive.

About the heat, it gets really hot. I'll take that any day over the rain. I don't want to even discuss rain there. I spend all day every day at the river (Riverfest) which I enjoy almost as much as Trikefest. The river is a slice of heaven. It doesn't matter how hot it gets, just plunk your arse down and toss one back (and place your can in a proper receptacle). I can't wait.

I pulled in first at TF13 Johnny!

MIK6
03-09-2014, 12:03 AM
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.. ive still got my ice tires on my trikes! Lmao!
cant wait yo see everyone at TF14!

roostin atc
03-09-2014, 06:55 PM

About the heat, it gets really hot. I'll take that any day over the rain. I don't want to even discuss rain there. I spend all day every day at the river (Riverfest) which I enjoy almost as much as Trikefest. The river is a slice of heaven. It doesn't matter how hot it gets, just plunk your arse down and toss one back (and place your can in a proper receptacle). I can't wait. I plan on making it early this year also John. I'm gonna try to make it there for the Sunday before also. Can't wait to be sitting in the river with my favorite beverage in my hand.

Swinger
03-09-2014, 07:31 PM
We will be pulling in Wednesday sometime if not sooner. With a 110,Z,R and a T3. Can't wait but have alot to do before then. See you all soon! Maybe I'll even have brakes on my R to help mx with instead of clenching my cheeks

Tri85
03-10-2014, 07:22 PM
First timer! Trying to get there with my tri z,225dx and a 86 350x. Do I need reservations for camping? Aiming to get there Wednesday morning.

MIK6
03-10-2014, 07:27 PM
First timer! Trying to get there with my tri z,225dx and a 86 350x. Do I need reservations for camping? Aiming to get there Wednesday morning.
Nope on the reservations.. 3ww tends to take over the camping area to the rt just after you pull into the park. You will see trikes everyplace! Lol

kiser
03-12-2014, 10:42 PM
I can't wait for TF as usual!! I'm planning to bring my Big Red, Big Wheel, 250R (if it don't blow up the weekend before like last year!) and maybe my little 185 for some unsuspened racing! Man I can't wait to race this summer! I hope I remember how!

manbearpig
03-13-2014, 12:22 AM
hmmm... tell me about this 'festival of trikes'

hoosierlogger
03-13-2014, 05:08 AM
Im hoping to be there on Wednesday some time. I'll be bringing the big wheel, edit•70/140 sold!!!,•edit alt50, 200x, and hopefully the stroker 90 70. If I can get it together in time. I broke the piston skirt off last year the day before leaving.

Daddio
03-16-2014, 07:24 PM

You can get an idea from looking at the picture threads from previous Trike Fests. In general, it is a large gathering of like minded people that all love three wheelers. There are MX races, Drag races, Hill Climbs, group rides and tons of comradery. It's one of those things that, after you've experienced it, you just can't wait for the next one.

Billy Golightly
03-16-2014, 08:03 PM
I just might do a Sunday to Sunday extravaganza this year...thinking about it...thinking about it.

CRAZY70MAN
03-16-2014, 10:10 PM
I can't wait for TF as usual!! I'm planning to bring my Big Red, Big Wheel, 250R (if it don't blow up the weekend before like last year!) and maybe my little 185 for some unsuspened racing! Man I can't wait to race this summer! I hope I remember how!

You just don't worry. If ya forgot...the old man will show ya how again:lol: I been lookin' for someone to beat up on a 350x anyway:lock:

kiser
03-17-2014, 01:26 PM
I just hope I don't get tangled up in you dress when I fly by you Mandy LOL!!

ditchmud
03-17-2014, 03:15 PM
My new Trikefest accommodations. No more tents for me!

hoosierlogger
03-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Nice digs Rich!!

u.p ted
03-17-2014, 10:20 PM
I will there on monday. Me. jeff and zach my nephew.all my other friends can't make it this year And this year will be the first year I bring my nephew zach. He 13 and wanted to come to trikefest for a long time. He doesn't have no clue he come with me until the last day of school.

keister
03-18-2014, 01:17 PM

I think I counted around 40 machines in our camp alone last year. Tim and I had 13 between just the two of us. One of them has your name on it. The offer still stands..... Just get there!!

CRAZY70MAN
03-18-2014, 08:07 PM
I just hope I don't get tangled up in you dress when I fly by you Mandy LOL!!

Your gonna see my dress alright and you are gonna see me twerking in it with that trophy at the awards:lock::lock::lock: Sorry fellas for the hijack:lol: We need to start a Trikefest 2014 trash talkin' thread alreadyHoosier Daddy:lol:

fabiodriven
03-20-2014, 06:37 PM
I pulled in first at TF13 Johnny!

Take a peek at the sign in sheet pal.

I plan on making it early this year also John. I'm gonna try to make it there for the Sunday before also. Can't wait to be sitting in the river with my favorite beverage in my hand.

You better make it Craighead! I can't wait!

JasonB
04-21-2014, 01:50 PM
hows everyones trikes comin along!! We got about 8 weeks left! Thats not alot of time to finish up stuff, so what are you guys finishing up?

I plan to have my new 350X shipping out from Mr Clean next week and I am working on getting inverts together for both the 350X and my old 310R Bike. Cant wait!

Who's freaking ready for some TrikeFest mayhem!!

ATC-Eric
04-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Looks like a lot will be on hold for this year. Acquiring a new home, so all projects will be put aside. Hyde will be making an appearance though.............need to redeem myself.

Billy Golightly
04-21-2014, 02:22 PM
I wanted to have the Rotax there...but I've lost a lot of time with this pipe project...we'll see.

fabiodriven
04-21-2014, 03:44 PM
I haven't started a thing. The trikes need some work but the truck and trailer need the most attention. The weather finally just broke, like just a couple of days ago, but I have so much else I'm doing right now. I called Steve today to get the ball rolling but no answer...

CRAZY70MAN
04-22-2014, 05:30 PM
I gotta secret weapon for herk and jerk. Bring your neckbraces Kiser and Big specht.........you may get some trikelash:lol::lol:

Coxy
05-05-2014, 10:00 PM
For years an years ever since I got on 3ww an it was the old school site I've wanted to go an ride with a ton of other trikes at trikefest .... It would be like a dream come true....but it being a 11-14 hour drive one way for me, an gas at $1.38L up here it's pretty darn hard to get the funds to travel that far..... One year I will make it, even if I gota fly down an just spectate and help out!... To just see all those wheelers!!

JasonB
05-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Coxy, you just need to find someone coming down a car pool! make it reasonable to get down, splitting gas costs is the best way to go about it. Theres a good handful of people coming down from Canada. And if you have friends that ride convince them to come lol everyone is welcome you dont have to just ride trikes. Theres plenty of people that come out to Trikefest every year that ride quads and dirtbikes. Everyone's welcome, the more the merrier!

ironchop
05-09-2014, 10:26 AM
ok....cracked my #2 cylinder on the way to work so my truck is getting a new 460 in the garage. Found out the 4spd in it is on its last leg as well.I did get all new tires.....probably goin to rent a truck if I don't get it taken care of in time. Cam still isn`t here yet for my X, my son hasn't even touched his yet. I did drag out all the camping gear to freshen it and got the campsite stuff squared away for the most part. I do have a GNCC racer neighbor and also Bill Balance`s mechanic to help me degree the cam properly and jet the trike when that stuff arrives so I`m confident it will be running and ready. The othet two trikes? Not so confident. One is my nephews and its been sitting two yrs without moving so it will need a carb clean and some fuel, and bolt rear caliper back on it but other than that the kicker slip is the only issue and he says he`s gonna push or pull start it so he wrapped a tow strap on the bars and said "problem solved".

My son is way more occupied with learning Clutch songs on his guitar right now to be bothered with finishing his trike (hookup fuel line and new petcock, install air filter, recharge battery (its a Lifan Estart motor) and rebuild his rear caliper, mount the two MX tires and ditch the Tractor Supply knobbies and bent wheels.)

doesn`t sound like much really....hahahah

Eric250R
05-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Getting so pumped !!! Of course I haven't touched anything but I am so freakin ready for this year !!!

shovelryder
05-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Soooooo......Looking like more of a go than ever! Im thinking I wanna bring the whole damned family. I have a 15yr son, 14yr son, 12yr girl, and 7yr boy.........Can the 12yr girl and 7yr boy ride with my wife and I out of the camp area on our machines? Not ta do anything hairy, just to roam around a bit? I see on haspins site they are restricted to camp areas.....didnt know how literal to take that.......And do many folks bring the whole family????? Thanks all!

atctim
05-13-2014, 10:54 AM
36 days from today I'll be arriving. I plan on bringing my 2008 450 Tionesta Trikes Conversion, 1983 ATC200 (for barrel racing), 1986 250R (pending on motor swap...... look out!!!!) , 1987 Fat Cat, 1985 ATC110 and 1986 ATC125M.

Can't wait to see you guys who I only get to see once a year!

And Don't Forget - Thursday is "DAISY DUKE THURSDAY",so cut off an old pair of jeans as high as you can and wear them around the park like it's 1983!

u.p ted
05-15-2014, 07:47 PM
29 more days til vacation time at trikefest for me . Can't wait

sanchez
05-15-2014, 11:32 PM
Bringing only 3 bikes 250r, 125mini, and the 100$ hard tail racer now with pipe (up ted u going down)
Su will be making her 2nd TF
Waiting for my coworker to throw bricks next time I mention TF

just ben
05-15-2014, 11:59 PM
(up ted u going down)

Coming from A guy that had a hard time against a mini. I don't think Ted is the one you need to worry about this year.

Kintore
05-16-2014, 02:43 AM
My 450 and my favorite three wheeler ever. 83 185s! And a sx for the wife.
Can't friggin wait. Be there tuesday night!!!

sanchez
05-16-2014, 12:17 PM
J B your tires for that mini cost more than I got in my YT and I passed u both motos.
If I can beat that rocket into the fist turn U P gunna have a workout

I hope Alabama's got his bike running missed the 3way last year

shovelryder
05-16-2014, 12:32 PM
I posted in another area as well, but will say it here also. We are coming with our toy hauler.....Two 250sx's, a 90, and a menards chinese side by side. If anyone needs an A/C spot to wrench, you are welcome....Ill have basic tools, and also on board air compressor and genny. My family is looking sooooo forward to this. Ive planned on coming the last few years, but you know how that goes. Hoping this works out!

JasonB
05-16-2014, 03:00 PM
we got 30 days or so! Trying to find a trailer to haul out our stuff. Looks like the plan is to ride out with Kyle Powers and his old lady Mary. making some changes in my plans for now, going to bring the new 70 and my 500R and throw my 310 in for Kyle to ride if he doesnt get the junk 250r motor rebuilt that Tyler54 sold him. Hes bringing his 140 powered 70 and a 250 big red for Mary to ride. So we got 5 bikes to bring and my harbor freight trailer wont do more than 2 bikes so we may be up a creek!

***EDIT**** speak of the devil right after i posted this Kyle texts me, Mary is making calls to rent a box truck hahahahah. looks like we may be rolling out in a 17' uhaul or something to that tune. would be perfect, if it rains just toss our tents in there and keep dry. trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro YA

ironchop
05-21-2014, 12:31 PM
OMG IM GIDDY!!!!!!!!!!!

its finally gonna happen for us this year!!!!

just dialing in the last little incidentals and ITS ON!!!!

just put in for an extra vacay day so I can get there by early Thurs morn instead of Thurs night

Eric250R
05-21-2014, 02:06 PM
OMG IM GIDDY!!!!!!!!!!!

its finally gonna happen for us this year!!!!

just dialing in the last little incidentals and ITS ON!!!!

just put in for an extra vacay day so I can get there by early Thurs morn instead of Thurs night

fair warning, once you go, that's it, you'll clear your calendar for years to come. :beer

MotherTucker85
05-21-2014, 08:10 PM
27 days. Can't wait to finally go.

Dirtcrasher
05-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Fabio and I usually leave the Saturday before and are nearly or are the 1st people there; Takes about 18 hours from MASS to Indiana.

I think think the whole trip is about 10 days door to door. Gotta have the full experience.....

fabiodriven
05-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Yup, I can't wait. Every day I'm wrenching and every night I'm writing lists and ordering parts. The UPS man is going to be here a lot this week. Spent the evening at Steve's trying to piece our rust-belt trailer back together, got the Zinger up two days ago, constant upgrades with the XR, still a lot to do with the truck and camper though. It's gonna be a doozie!!!

Dirtcrasher
05-26-2014, 10:53 PM
^ We'll get it all done buddy. I've scrambled worse before!!

Shortline said to try a heat gun but I bought a 45MM pod to be safe and I can jet up at Ripoffencourts Honda. Also grabbed an ASV with a hot start; I'm gonna get this thing dialed in!!

Talk to you tomorrow bud.......

MRSOUND
05-26-2014, 10:55 PM
New fork seals and replaced bent fork tubes from a parts donor on the SX. Waiting on a new drive shaft boot from Partzilla and she'll be ready. Got a carb rebuild kit for the 70 and new petcock for the BW200. Just gotta put in the time. Getting more and more anxious as it draws nearer!

captainweezy
05-26-2014, 11:03 PM
350x up and running good. Changing the oil in it before it gets loaded. also changing the big red rear end fluid as I do twice a year. My 185s build is not going to be finished though :mad: Parts have started coming off shelves and getting parts pulled off trikes for you guys. May go ahead and stock up on food and drinks to get that out of the way.

Kintore
05-27-2014, 02:16 AM
21 days for me! Doing final cleaning and minor wrenching. Be here before we know it!!!

ironchop
05-27-2014, 09:08 AM
still have parts on the way. Got all new airfilters, rebuilt my rear caliper, got the two calipers on the back of the other two X`s FINALLY. Ordered some used rims for a spare set of tires. Got my cammed motor in the frame, mounted, and everything bolted up to it. Put the finishing touches on my oil cooler setup. Ordered two new chains one spare and one because I did NOT like this cheap oring chain I bought and I`m not gonna run it. Installed new DG exhaust on the Lifan X. Went to Tractor supply and totally emptied out there metric nut and bolt selection from all the missing hardware I can no longer remember where I put. Replaced all the bearings in my swingarm. Repainted my footpegs. Carb jet kits showed up so that's next....that was all on Saturday. The rest of the weekend was doing landscape for the wifey.

I still have to figure out why the Red X now has no spark, get LifanX and RedX plumbed with new rear brake lines when they show up this week, fabricate a rear brake pedal for the LifanX, recharge/refill its battery, get new brake pads on RedX, throw two clearcoat jobs on the Lifan and Red fuel tanks, and Apple cider vinegar the inside of my tank from the rust that showed up sometime in the last two years and then replace the petcock........THEN fire up my X and let it break in good, break in the Lifan and check jetting, and the Red is all broke in and good to go after I rebuilt it a couple years ago so all it really needs beside brake line plumbed is to find the broken wire.

so really I ain`t got much left to do.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Im so glad I waited till the last minute.....not really too bad because two weeks ago myX and the LifanX were in pcs all over the garage so Im definitely making progress

hoosierlogger
05-27-2014, 09:19 AM
All of my stuff is still in the same state of disrepair it was two months ago. I like waiting till the last minute.lol

Billy Golightly
05-27-2014, 09:45 AM
I bought 3 spare air filters to bring this year...lol

Other than that and checking over some bolts to make sure stuff is tight, I think I'm good. Been doing this 10 years now and got a pretty good system/supply of stuff.

Outlaw #24
05-27-2014, 10:49 AM
I got word yesterday that We will be able to use an alumalite open trailer. That means more 3 wheelers!

ironchop
05-27-2014, 11:24 AM
I hope other ppl are bringing enough stuff for me to borrow what I completely spaced about and forgot to pack.....just saying

shovelryder
05-27-2014, 11:45 AM
I hope other ppl are bringing enough stuff for me to borrow what I completely spaced about and forgot to pack.....just sayingIll prolly have an extra stick of deoderant.......and an extra pic of me i can give ya.....then ya wont need a camera!;)

keister
05-28-2014, 12:38 PM
4 of the 5 pictured here will be in attendance..... plus a few others.
Can't forget to pack the MX flags which have been decorating my basement!

See you guys on June 18 - which happens to be my birthday too!

kiser
05-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Remind me to give you cold beverage for your b-day!

ironchop
05-28-2014, 07:21 PM
....constant upgrades with the XR...

does this mean you are bringing it? (say yes)

fabiodriven
05-29-2014, 09:06 AM
does this mean you are bringing it? (say yes)

Oh god yes.

Outlaw #24
05-29-2014, 09:30 AM
What's up with Shirts?

fabiodriven
05-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Optional. Same with pants.

Outlaw #24
05-29-2014, 05:16 PM
ROTFLMAO you know I Ment T Rike Fest shirts!

clmeue37
05-31-2014, 05:11 AM
Would be about a 5 1/2 hr drive for me. 340 miles straight south...but I don't think it's going to happen this year...I'm coming next year though and nothing is going to stop me. :) Sounds like a great time!

big specht
05-31-2014, 08:59 AM
Me and kizer will be there the 18th hell or highwater even if we don't get all the bikes ready in time lol

Eric250R
05-31-2014, 10:54 PM
Big red is ready, big bore 70 tomorrow, and spending the next 2 weeks getting the TT 450R buttoned up. Be there sunday or monday !!

big specht
06-01-2014, 09:05 AM
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro I haven't started yet but that's todays plans

stroberts22
06-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Line up washed up and ready to go.http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/stroberts22/DSC03887_zps1c53fc90.jpg (http://s811.photobucket.com/user/stroberts22/media/DSC03887_zps1c53fc90.jpg.html)

u.p ted
06-01-2014, 09:37 PM
2 more weeks til trikefest for me cant wait

Eric250R
06-01-2014, 10:46 PM
I hope other ppl are bringing enough stuff for me to borrow what I completely spaced about and forgot to pack.....just saying

Absolutely do not forget flip flops for the showers, and 12 gallons of clorox for the toilets, lol.

captainweezy
06-02-2014, 12:29 AM
I hope they are able to come out at least every other day to siphon the shitters out. Probably the only thing bad at trike Fest.

Dirtcrasher
06-02-2014, 12:47 AM

Don't sweat it at all. Many of the nicest, most generous people are at TRIKEFEST; 3Wheelers have their own spot in history and meeting members is a blast. I think I've been 5X and STILL missed some good people I wished to meet; Some were there, we just never met. The " I'll be there next year" gets old. You have to make it happen even letting your employer know you will need 10 days off (or whatever suits you) around Fathers Day. If ya don't get there, you may never get there. Once, and your hooked!!

There are always spare trikes available and most guys won't even ask for gas. No one seems to take advantage of it, so it goes well. If I could bring 3, I'd bring 3. But it's Fabio's truck, his weight and his decisions. So far that has worked GREAT!!

Bring a chair, bring a wallet, bring some beverages and bring you happy face and all will be well. Again, we will be at the empty house you see as you climb the last hill into Haspins on your right/front.

See you there!!

shovelryder
06-02-2014, 07:00 AM
We had a lil change of plans......After some math, and looking at mileages with 10k lbs of toy hauler behind ya, the moneys not there for a family trip. Sooooo.....Me and two of my sons, 7 and 15, are gonna load up the truck and little trailer and tent it.....figure Ill only need my 2000i genny, fan, and coffee maker!.....And pants!....Hoping to be pulling in wed sometime......

fabiodriven
06-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Glad you're still coming! The biggest part you'll miss is the bathroom in your camper. If you have any of those disposable white decontamination jumpsuits, I'd recommend bringing them.

shovelryder
06-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Lol!!!! By the website, they sound like chitters are spread out and theres no potty issues???? Please?.......Ill go in a barrel and burn it....LOL...Nuthin I havent done before!

ironchop
06-02-2014, 10:03 AM
We had a lil change of plans......After some math, and looking at mileages with 10k lbs of toy hauler behind ya, the moneys not there for a family trip. Sooooo.....Me and two of my sons, 7 and 15, are gonna load up the truck and little trailer and tent it.....figure Ill only need my 2000i genny, fan, and coffee maker!.....And pants!....Hoping to be pulling in wed sometime......

yeah my 79 isn`t "Long trip worthy" yet so I quoted renting a 17 footer.....holy cow!...... its 240 miles from me to Haspin at 59$ a day + 0.95 a MILE plus gas equals about 500-600 American pesos........GRRRRRR!

of course my 79 only gets 8-12 mpg on a good downhill day so it would be almost 200 in gas for that.....not so bad

SO........half of my crew ducked out on me but Tristan and I are HARDCORE dedicated to get there and we are probably renting a cargo van for much cheaper.....

Does anyone know if 2 atc200X`s will fit (I don't care how tight they are) in a cargo van from Uhaul?????

shovelryder
06-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Would sure think theyd fit.....I can put 2 250sx's in my sb truck....

fabiodriven
06-02-2014, 10:10 AM
You could probably fit 6 200X 's in a Uhaul. Don't tell me your sister in law isn't coming Ironchop!

ironchop
06-02-2014, 10:20 AM
The " I'll be there next year" gets old.

yeah my wife was discussing how I`m tearing this garage UP trying to get stuff done, the Post Office/UPS/FedEx has been to the house nearly every day for 2 1/2 weeks with new and used parts and the coffee can TF fund is filling up fast thanks to my son Tristan and myself.

She asked why we were stressing out so much when I could just "go next year"

I told her the truth which is that Tristan and I had been building these trikes for what was gonna be a season of racing with the OTC crew. I had an aneurism, two heart surgeries, and then broke my C2 in three places and my C6 in one (neck vertebrae) in a car wreck.....there went ANOTHER six months of recoup....fast forward and its been almost FOUR YEARS getting back on track. I haven`t even ridden ANY machine off road since over a year ago (11/28/12) when I was all in traction. I don`t even plan on goin balls-out in the MX race. I`m just gonna race to prove to myself that I`m on the road to full recovery. I don`t even care about placing this time.

I told her that this is Spiritual, in a way, for me....This is for my son and all the effort and patience he and I have put into these trikes. This is to go and meet and shake the hands of so many here who have helped me in so many ways even pull off these builds and those who have entertained me with online nonsense and tomfoolery. This is about FINALLY taking a vacation after 6 yrs without. This is about Thanking Jesus for finally helping me get a sweet 200X (inside joke). .....Most of all, this is about finishing what you started and/or achieving what you set out to achieve.....this is about DOING.

that being said, We still gonna show up in a car if it comes to that but as of now I think the worst case scenario should be showing up with unfinished trikes

that's all I have to say about that

ironchop
06-02-2014, 10:23 AM
You could probably fit 6 200X 's in a Uhaul. Don't tell me your sister in law isn't coming Ironchop!

she said yesterday she wasn't gonna be able to make it....I got her and Deonna talked into (tentatively) showing up at least on Friday and camping thru Saturday. I found a local 250sx I`m thinking of buying for them to ride and I told them that the offer was extended to them to borrow a trike b ut I think they don't believe me. My persuasive powers are great. I will use The Force, Fabion, to convince them to make it.....hahahaha

Renee is fickle but she does what I tell her better than her sister does, that's for sure.....she needs this too...shes a gun-owning, atv-riding, 4x4 loving Nurse trapped in a "Professional World".....she def needs the release

I thought you were bringing a fine ass date anyway?

Billy Golightly
06-02-2014, 10:24 AM
We have porta-lets normally delivered on Tuesday or Wednesday, but Pete is good enough to typically leave the bathrooms up for us up until then since there is so few people there at those first few days

fabiodriven
06-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Yeah my "fine ass date" weighs in at about 280 and will probably kill a 30 rack a day.

ironchop
06-02-2014, 11:36 AM
You must be talkin about DC

fabiodriven
06-02-2014, 11:56 AM
There ain't a wig on the planet that's gonna make that bull run.

Billy Golightly
06-02-2014, 12:03 PM
ironchop, you can only talk em into what you can talk them into, but I promise, if they only come out for 2 nights, they are gonna be really disappointed they didn't get there sooner!

fabiodriven
06-02-2014, 12:10 PM
I did Thursday to Sunday my first time. Now we do Sunday to Sunday.

shovelryder
06-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Hey....real quick question......Am I gonna be "that old guy" at 40 yrs old at TF?????.........No matter, Im still goin.......Not even bringin my diapers either!

fabiodriven
06-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Oh god no man. You're right in the ballpark.

shovelryder
06-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Very cool........We're excited as hell....Thanks! Id still be excited if yer answer woulda been different......always nice ta know ahead of time if yer gonna be babysitting drunk 23yr olds!LOL!!!!

ironchop
06-02-2014, 01:08 PM
if you are, shovelryder, that would make me an even OLDER MAN @ 43

and I will babysit drunk 23 yr olds..no problem.....as long as they are female

shovelryder
06-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Lol....Im thinkin im gonna get along with you...LOL! I enjoy gettin my own drink on, but Im a happy comic giggle til I cant breathe drunk...LOL! Then if I totally wash away Im a cry and get rid of a years worth of baggage drunk!............Usually the comic though!

ironchop
06-02-2014, 01:19 PM
:beer

I don`t drink at all....but I can play drunk with the best of them

shovelryder
06-02-2014, 01:28 PM
:beer

I don`t drink at all....but I can play drunk with the best of them I dont 99% of the year........But thisll be a nice getaway. Im with a bike forum that gathers like you guys do......and the respect, and the family you find.......gonna be good stuff fer sure!

Eric250R
06-02-2014, 07:01 PM
39 here, and don't drink either, thou I will have one or 2 at the shoe tree just to fit in with the cool kids. And bringing your sister in law will be like dragging a fresh piece of meat in front of a pack of wolves lol. But hey, I'm single too, and even from the same state ;-) As far as the crappers go they're not bad earlier in the week but are horrible by Saturday, we bring our own showers and bathrooms with us. Hell, we practically bring the whole house, lol. My 8th year so you learn a few things and really learn how to pack. If you need anything ( or don't for that matter ) feel free to swing by anytime, we always camp on the far end of the pond and are not hard to find. All in all, you will love it, I start planning for next year on the way home.

MIK6
06-02-2014, 08:19 PM
44... ive been to every TF at haspin!!
us older guys fit in pretty good at TF!

See ya there

Dirtcrasher
06-02-2014, 10:53 PM
I go to TF to FORGET all the issues at home and meet all the people I only knew by name. I don't plan on losing a trike this year but it can happen :lol:

The people really are the best!!

jakep53
06-03-2014, 08:24 AM
i'm so jealous I MAY be planning a trip to come in 2 years hopefully!!!

Kintore
06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
24 and been going since 05. Hands down the best vacation you could ever ask for. You need at least 4 days IMO to get a good feel for it. You will love it!

keister
06-03-2014, 12:15 PM
You will find lots of people at TF born in the early 1970s.

MRSOUND
06-03-2014, 12:45 PM
70's hell! lol 46 here. Will be my 3rd year. I end just tooling around doing more socializing than anything. Never raced but love watching. Plenty of folks in our age bracket, and plenty friends to be made and good times to be had! Hoping to do a little more trail riding this year.

shovelryder
06-03-2014, 01:16 PM
24 and been going since 05. Hands down the best vacation you could ever ask for. You need at least 4 days IMO to get a good feel for it. You will love it!Lol.....My vacation dates started with thursday.....and now theyve crept to monday!

hoosierlogger
06-03-2014, 02:03 PM
I'm 34. I'll be showing up on Wednesday, just like always. Beer in hand till Sunday morning.

Billy Golightly
06-03-2014, 05:10 PM
I will probably be a Monday arrival this year. Last year was the first year I was able to get there on Monday, and it was pretty swell.

roostin atc
06-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Almost finished on my two dates for haspin. I need a exhaust gasket for the 70 and h tracs for the 300. Can't wait to cut up some barrels. 194921

Xowner
06-03-2014, 10:26 PM
You guys are gonna have to get creative with your barrel racing this year as the spot last year is now another mud pit!

Outlaw #24
06-03-2014, 10:35 PM
56 here and my wife is 18. This is Our 2nd year:p Got there Thursday last year and not enough, comin Wednesday this time and looking for a way to make it Tuesday :crazy: Don't want to show this for the video, but this is the MX engine now 194925 . Oh Shovel Ryder, I did SAY MOTO CROSS and 56 years old I got 2nd last year to a 40 year old from Ohio :mad: Not running my stock stuff this year :drool: AS far as the Crapper, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ! Like ATC Eric said, bringing our own privacy tent this year! Hoping to camp further up the hill this year?

Dirtcrasher
06-04-2014, 12:39 AM
OK, no missed events this year!!

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Dirtcrasher/DSCN1528_zpsbf7c3781.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/Dirtcrasher/media/DSCN1528_zpsbf7c3781.jpg.html)

We can list ALL and the present events in order on this dry erase board I got in today.

36x24 aluminum frame and I can use it in the shop when I come home.......

ditchmud
06-04-2014, 02:53 AM
This will be my 9th Trikefest. I am 42 years old. I have motocrossed quite a few times at trikefest but I believe I'm sitting out this year. Gonna slow things down a bit, relax a whole lot more than in the past, and just visit with all you fine folk. I have a special nightly treat planned for everyone to enjoy. So please stop by my campsite after dark....bring some popcorn!

shovelryder
06-04-2014, 06:28 AM
56 here and my wife is 18. This is Our 2nd year:p Got there Thursday last year and not enough, comin Wednesday this time and looking for a way to make it Tuesday :crazy: Don't want to show this for the video, but this is the MX engine now 194925 . Oh Shovel Ryder, I did SAY MOTO CROSS and 56 years old I got 2nd last year to a 40 year old from Ohio :mad: Not running my stock stuff this year :drool: AS far as the Crapper, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ! Like ATC Eric said, bringing our own privacy tent this year! Hoping to camp further up the hill this year?.......I cant get past the 18yr old wife part....Everything you said after that is blah, blah, blah....LOL!;).......I was lookin at the calendar.....and damn......I thought " well Im off wed, no reason we cant leave tue afternoon"...........Then I thought "Hmmmm....If I take tue off we can leave monday".........an hour later....."hey Nick, I think we may leave sat morning".........To say the least, we are very excited! Is there a "good time gang" area to camp? A place where the folks that have been coming fer years and years camps? My son and I like to be where its fun, and laugh our arses off!

JasonB
06-04-2014, 09:09 AM
starting to get a little panicked. 70 has all new electronics coming in the mail to cure the no spark issue, 310 is waiting on inverts from Hall to show up via fedex, 500 needs the polished front wheel from Honnerlaw and tire mounted to it along with the new right foot peg, and after looking at the 'trikfest fence crawl' thread i am looking at the 250sx and trying to make a grocery list of maintenance items so i can throw it on the trailer too. Gotta start packing, for people like me that leave wednesday night we got 14 damn days left!!!!!!!!! Headed to my orthopedic surgeon at 11 this morning to get my leg checked out and see if I'm cleared to start physical therapy. I should be able to walk with out a limp by the time I pull into my camp site :Bounce

Outlaw #24
06-04-2014, 09:58 AM
.......I cant get past the 18yr old wife part....Everything you said after that is blah, blah, blah....LOL!;).......I was lookin at the calendar.....and damn......I thought " well Im off wed, no reason we cant leave tue afternoon"...........Then I thought "Hmmmm....If I take tue off we can leave monday".........an hour later....."hey Nick, I think we may leave sat morning".........To say the least, we are very excited! Is there a "good time gang" area to camp? A place where the folks that have been coming fer years and years camps? My son and I like to be where its fun, and laugh our arses off! If it is any consolation My wife is a bit closer to my age and I am usually told BLAH BLAH BLAH ! It's all Fun So, GIT YOU SOME!

ironchop
06-04-2014, 12:00 PM
I got the Team America World Police 200X all bolted together....I call it that because Renee makes fun of the RedWhiteBlue color scheme

so I go to put fuel in the tank and kick open the petcock for its first test fire..........nada....not one drip.....@%#^$*(#&$

So I spent all of Sunday with a gallon of Acetone to loosen up the 3/4 layer of varnish in the bottom from the "quality premium fuel" that doesn`t seem to last more than 8 months in a moderately climate controlled garage......I had to spend 4 hours digging out sludge before I could get to the layer of rust that was trapped under that with the gallon of Muriatic acid I also picked up.....four flushes later and 6 hrs with brushes and flashlights and I got it pretty much sparkling. I found a whole pint of RedKote I had forgot I had from a Triumph project so I went ahead and coated the tank.......RedKote will remove the very best automotive paintjob on immediate contact. I will tell you that panic attack story when I get there but for now let`s just say profanity was used at high volume levels for an hour....thankfully I only got redkote in a couple places on the underneath side of the tank......OH, and don't plug your petcock hole with duct tape.....Redkote removes duct tape and promptly spills what looked like a light puddle left inside the corners which somehow increases in size 250 fold when it dribbles all over the side of your stator cover......because you decided to go ahead and sit the tank on the frame while the redkote was drying to free up some workbench space.

So now I got a clean tank and had thankfully bought a new petcock as a JIC move and got Redkote in my tank, on my tennis shoes, on my hands, on my stator cover, on my garage floor, on the workbench, and on my pants where I discovered it right after some of it rubbed off on my wife`s new couch.....Soooo I may need a new place to live but I am making progress.

Next comes the Redline oil and kick it over later this week.

I still gotta fab this 350X brake lever to fit the LifanX, buy the LifanX a new battery, and mount the Holeshot tires on it and toss the balloons. Fire it up and let it break in (new motor also)

Wish me luck.

matt3x
06-04-2014, 02:48 PM
They all seem to be looking at me asking... when are we loading up? Can't wait!

Dirtcrasher
06-04-2014, 05:08 PM
This year in the day I'll run a front plate that says "DC" so you guys call all stop in and say hello!! We can go 5X and still miss dozens of guys I'd like to meet........

kiser
06-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Do I need to bring my climbing gear again this year?? Do we need to hang anything up in a tree?? Lights? Tires? Signs? Raffa?

fabiodriven
06-04-2014, 08:29 PM
You guys are all going through the same shite we are. It's amazing how much work I gladly do for this week. Yesterday I had to load the XR in my truck and drive it over to drop it off for 6 brand new tires today. Unload XR and ride home. Then this morning I get up for work, I was planning on taking the Buell in. I can't leave the XR where my work truck was parked last night. So I rode the Buell to work in the rain then after work swap out Buell for the XR (can't load the Buell in my truck alone) and ride XR back to tire shop, pay for tires, load XR onto truck, and drive truck to spring shop. Unload XR and leave truck, then ride home. Buell to work tomorrow, ride Buell home from work, swap for XR, ride to spring shop, load trike, drive home... I'm a truck driver so from 5 am until 7:15 today I was in/on some type of vehicle.

Dave Little, that fricken guy... So I balked on getting my Flying W carb, I've been so busy, but it was bothering me that I had slacked on that. Fricken Dave Little texts me out of the blue and is dropping his Flying W carb off at my house tonight! Stand up triker he is! (like most of us) I don't figure on installing it until we get there. Honestly after my last foray into SX carbs I'm skurred to do it alone!

M.Pargiello
06-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Not gonna make it. Pretty effing bummed.

jeswinehart
06-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Not gonna make it. Pretty effing bummed.

I been ready to go since last week end. Literally all I need in the van is 3 things. Luggage, cooler + me.
What the heck Mike ??? How can I help ???

Daddio
06-04-2014, 11:25 PM
I have most of my machines ready. I have one project, that I've been working on since last year, that's gonna be down to the wire. Mentally though, I'm READY!!!

Eric250R
06-04-2014, 11:59 PM
My big red is ready, my 70 is ready, my tt450R is still a bare frame, fingers crossed hoping the mail man delivers soon !

Dave Little
06-05-2014, 12:31 AM
Dave Little, that fricken guy... So I balked on getting my Flying W carb, I've been so busy, but it was bothering me that I had slacked on that. Fricken Dave Little texts me out of the blue and is dropping his Flying W carb off at my house tonight! Stand up triker he is! (like most of us) I don't figure on installing it until we get there. Honestly after my last foray into SX carbs I'm skurred to do it alone!

You'll like this one Johnny...none finer. I got it here and hitting the road in a few minutes. Also have a TRX trailer hitch w/bolts you can have it's just hanging around collecting dust. Also I recall the choke cable thingee in the carbs are different from 85-6 so I dug up one that matches the one on the 85 machine I have. Jim did this carb for me about a month and a half ago and I have not had a chance to install it so it's all you. No adjustments should be needed, he dials it all in.

Dirtcrasher
06-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Anyone that needs wrenching, beverages, food or anything else; I'll be more than happy to help.

Just don't show up Thursday in need of a top end and jetting. Do your PRE-RACE work, this coming week!!

Billy Golightly
06-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Put 400 worth of new rubbers on my trailer, welded and hammered a fender from the last blow out back into submission, and wired some lights up. Bikes are pretty much ready to go for the first year ever other than some airfilter cleaning and plug changing. Lots of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to pack and get ready with this year though!

M.Pargiello
06-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Looks like I'm back in!

Unsure if I'm pulling a camper or tenting it yet, either way is good by me as long as I'm there. The 200X and maybe one of the 250R's is coming for sure, Don't think the 300 will be ready to roll by then.

knsmodels
06-09-2014, 11:03 PM
when camping in the park what all is available as far as ice, gas (for the machines), electricity...etc...??

hoosierlogger
06-09-2014, 11:13 PM
Ice is available on site. Electricity is bring your own (generator).

Daddio
06-09-2014, 11:15 PM
when camping in the park what all is available as far as ice, gas (for the machines), electricity...etc...??
Ice is available on site as is food when they are opened. Indoor showers and toilets also on site while they are opened. Porta pots also in selected areas. Fuel about a half a mile away at a small convenience store. Bring your own electricity.

M.Pargiello
06-09-2014, 11:54 PM
I should be rolling in thursday night...Think there will still be a place left to set up camp? Or rig may consist of a truck/camper & trailer. Just truck and trailer at the smallest.

Eric250R
06-10-2014, 12:33 AM
There will still be plenty of space thurs. By fri it starts getting pretty full not only because of the trikefesters but the locals start rolling in fri and It's really full by Sunday.

hoosierlogger
06-10-2014, 05:13 AM
Let's hope nobody parks on the herk and jerk pad again this year.

fabiodriven
06-10-2014, 06:20 AM
They can be dragged away. There will be more than one Taurus.

CRAZY70MAN
06-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Let's hope nobody parks on the herk and jerk pad again this year.

I got something to clear the pad!

shovelryder
06-10-2014, 07:05 AM
Worked on a couple of the wheelers last night, and put a platform in the back of the truck......can sleep on top and store stuff under. I wish I was leaving this AM!

Daddio
06-10-2014, 07:56 AM
I hope the rain stays away. Been watching the long range forecast. Fingers crossed.

fabiodriven
06-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Don't even say that gosh darned word! I didn't hear that! LALALALALALAAAAAA!!!!!!

ironchop
06-10-2014, 11:20 AM
I hope the rain stays away. Been watching the long range forecast. Fingers crossed.

FABIO DONT READ THIS!!

me too.....sunny and warm 18-20th

slight chance tstorm on 21st but back to sunny and warm after that shower

forecasts are usually forward of when the actual system arrives by like a day most times I noticed so I think it will hold off till Sunday

ironchop
06-10-2014, 11:22 AM
makes no difference to me really. The ONLY time I wont ride is during close lightning and/or Tornado......everything else is fair game.

I`m sure the trails stay open but do they run you off the tracks if it gets real muddy? I would think/ hope not!

fabiodriven
06-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Haha, someone introduce ironchop to clayment (virtually) please!

ironchop
06-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Haha, someone introduce ironchop to clayment (virtually) please!

I grew up in southern Indiana....I know all about clayment....and Haspin.

so I guess I should clarify......will ride in rain but will not cover much linear distance...hahahahahahahaha

ironchop
06-10-2014, 01:31 PM
so how do we know who`s who? (I`m not wearing a nametag)(ok.....maybe)

It`s important for me to actually meet a bunch of you guys as much as the riding. Makes understanding the person`s posts much easier when you know the poster`s personality type.

atctim
06-10-2014, 01:38 PM
I need to change oil and install some new headlight bulbs and tail light bulbs, and "Raffa Up" (aka clean and polish) my bikes. Other than that I'm ready to roll. I got a new hauler this year and a new haulee as well. 2014 Tundra and a 7X14 enclosed. I'm hoping to have A/C in the trailer for TF. Still up in the air but I'm bringing my Garage Queen 85 Big Red, a rider 86 Big Red for Nina Nina, my ATC200 for Barrel Racing, my Garage Queen 350X and my TT450R for racing and all around jack-assery. Got a fold up double cot for me and the little lady to bed down on - so comfy - no more tent, no more air mattress that deflates overnight, no more van, which I may or may not miss.

I'll be camping in a new spot this year - stop by the white Tundra and black tandem axle trailer and say hi! I'll be off by myself, possibly others will join us, but come on by and say hello. You'll see me when you head onto the trail.

Billy Golightly
06-10-2014, 01:54 PM

It`s important for me to actually meet a bunch of you guys as much as the riding. Makes understanding the person`s posts much easier when you know the poster`s personality type.

Anytime you run across a group of people or someone, you just stick your hand out and say "Hey, I'm Billy Golightly. I go by Billy Golightly, on the board". After which, lots of head nodding, smirks, and toothy grins will be common. Repeat as necessary!

shovelryder
06-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Im gonna walk around and tell everyone,"hi! Im ironchop!"...........;)

fabiodriven
06-10-2014, 02:09 PM
I like Tim's idea of camping off the beaten path. Unfortunately my 2wd rig is massive and if there were any moisture (which there won't be) I'd need a dozer tug for a pretty long ways. Open diff too...

Billy Golightly
06-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Im gonna walk around and tell everyone,"hi! Im ironchop!"...........;)

:lol: That actually happened about 10 years ago (was one of the first times I ever went), except at the time, the name was someone on the board and chatroom who was, how do I explain this, known by everyone, but not sure what to think of...:D

It'd of been kinda like walking around and introducing yourself as barnett, now. :lol:

MRSOUND
06-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Blue27 usually puts a sign outside our camp with our board and first names on. Stop on in and introduce yourself!

ironchop
06-10-2014, 02:58 PM
I`m telling everyone I`m Edog.

fabiodriven
06-10-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm always amazed at how many people's screen names I've been saying incorrectly. Then when they tell me their screen name I don't recognize it.

ironchop
06-10-2014, 04:06 PM
I don't like my screen name. I made it up on a whim to join a custom bike forum because I had an Ironhead Sportster Chopper and I was trying to think of something quick.....hence ironchop....I used it here and elsewhere be cause it was easier than trying to remember many different usernames. After awhile, I was stuck with it.

My real name is Doug....all my local friends call me Big Skinny...you`ll know why when you see me.

I`ll put a sign up in front of the rental van too so anybody who cares knows.

keister
06-10-2014, 04:19 PM
so how do we know who`s who? (I`m not wearing a nametag)

Why not? Dirtcrasher does.

You'll know me because I never wear a shirt. That is one way to find me......
Or just wait at the choo tree for a while- I'll be along eventually. For some reason I tend to go there 5-6 times a day. Though I really have no idea why.

Daddio
06-11-2014, 07:36 AM
:lol: That actually happened about 10 years ago (was one of the first times I ever went), except at the time, the name was someone on the board and chatroom who was, how do I explain this, known by everyone, but not sure what to think of...:D

It'd of been kinda like walking around and introducing yourself as barnett, now. :lol:

Now that's some funny trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro right there. Hey, I'm Barnett, your threewheeler doesn't sound like ti's running right, let me tell you what's wrong with it and how to fix it.:D:Bounce:beer:crazy:

People know me well enough now that occasionally I'll hear someone yell, "HEY DADDIO!!!" when they drive by the house. Crazy 3wheeler riding hillbillies!!!:D:crazy:shens

Billy Golightly
06-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Just got this in my email inbox. Excited. First time I've ever rented a lens (for myself, anyways)!

MattDragontamer
06-11-2014, 10:06 AM
I don't like my screen name. I made it up on a whim to join a custom bike forum because I had an Ironhead Sportster Chopper and I was trying to think of something quick.....hence ironchop....I used it here and elsewhere be cause it was easier than trying to remember many different usernames. After awhile, I was stuck with it.

My real name is Doug....all my local friends call me Big Skinny...you`ll know why when you see me.

I`ll put a sign up in front of the rental van too so anybody who cares knows.

HI DOUG! lol

That sign idea is a good one... I think I will make one too! Though... as soon as I roll out the Taurus, people will know. :p

ironchop
06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Got a Uhaul cargo van reserved last night to pick up Wednesday night (6/18) after work.....480 mile round trip from my house to TF....rental cost me $336 + fuel (mileage was flat rate and included in the $336)...that was the cheapest viable route....I hope to hell these two trikes fit in that van..................OR ELSE!!!...................OR ELSE we will take the trikes apart and reassemble on site.

This trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro is happening

PWK carb on Team America is still running rich and I just now tore it apart at work cuz I was having trouble getting air/fuel idle ratio dialed in.......float height was off by almost 0.130!!!! guess I missed that. The 120 main is too rich according to the plug although the off-idle stumble improved vastly when I dropped the clip to the bottom (raised the needle) so I`m not sure why that happened...the pilot is a 42....Plug is dark and after the X warms up and I yank the enricher it dies real quick so I know its still rich....I`ll get the main dialed in then worry about the others but having a float level off surely skewed my previous results. I read up on PWKs and other two stroke carbs last night and leaned quite a bit about carburation I didn't know.

I`m running out of time to order jets. I ordered three sets of mains originally but the 110-120 was out of stock so I cancelled the order until I could confirm the 120-130 set was indeed too rich and now I regret not having them backorder that set.

Eric250R
06-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Tim I have thought several times about changing camping spots, mainly to try and find a little more shade, but I'm almost certain no one will know who the hell I am if I change spots. Lol. Who knows, I may look around a little when I roll in this time...........

QUOTE=atctim;1315189]I need to change oil and install some new headlight bulbs and tail light bulbs, and "Raffa Up" (aka clean and polish) my bikes. Other than that I'm ready to roll. I got a new hauler this year and a new haulee as well. 2014 Tundra and a 7X14 enclosed. I'm hoping to have A/C in the trailer for TF. Still up in the air but I'm bringing my Garage Queen 85 Big Red, a rider 86 Big Red for Nina Nina, my ATC200 for Barrel Racing, my Garage Queen 350X and my TT450R for racing and all around jack-assery. Got a fold up double cot for me and the little lady to bed down on - so comfy - no more tent, no more air mattress that deflates overnight, no more van, which I may or may not miss.

I'll be camping in a new spot this year - stop by the white Tundra and black tandem axle trailer and say hi! I'll be off by myself, possibly others will join us, but come on by and say hello. You'll see me when you head onto the trail.[/QUOTE]

JasonB
06-12-2014, 11:26 AM
just jumped on Ebay and bought a dozen random LED lights to keep our camp site lit up like the 4th of july. Talked to Linds, she is packing today. Kyle went out to ATC-Erics and grabbed his rebuilt 250R motor last night along with Erics trailer. They pick up a rental truck from Enterprise monday night and load up to pull out with Linds Tuesday morning. Talked to Jason Hall last night, the invert kit for the 310 should be shipping to me today so i can bolt that on this weekend. New stator and flywheel for the 140/70 bike will arrive this weekend as well so i hope to have that bike running this weekend too. FedEx lost my %($*&NG 10" front wheel that XOwner shipped me so the 500 will be sitting on a mismatched gold front wheel and a backwards tire :( I get off work Wed at noon next week and plan to start packing and loading the truck and have the bikes already strapped to the trailer to haul out. Getting pumped!!!

ironchop
06-12-2014, 11:36 AM
are you back on that ankle now? If so, great!!

and now I don't feel so bad about how far behind we are in the garage. Still messing with jetting and placed and emergency rush order from JetsRus last night late.

backwards front tire= we can all point and laugh at your expense. I`m excited already! LMFAO

atctim
06-12-2014, 11:40 AM
FYI - here I am195313

Eric250R
06-12-2014, 11:49 AM
FYI - here I am195313

Lol, nice !!!

keister
06-12-2014, 11:54 AM
FYI - here I am

I think that is very near the future starting line of the new UTV track.

JasonB
06-12-2014, 12:00 PM
are you back on that ankle now? If so, great!!

and now I don't feel so bad about how far behind we are in the garage. Still messing with jetting and placed and emergency rush order from JetsRus last night late.

backwards front tire= we can all point and laugh at your expense. I`m excited already! LMFAO

lol thanks about the tire and ya im walking just with a gangster limp hahahaha. Jetsrus is where i got all mine at, forgot all about the fact that the 310 has that new SmartCarb on it which I'm sure will throw me some awesome curve balls with operation OR will actually freaking run perfect and i wont have to touch it

Daddio
06-18-2014, 07:37 AM
lol thanks about the tire and ya im walking just with a gangster limp hahahaha. Jetsrus is where i got all mine at, forgot all about the fact that the 310 has that new SmartCarb on it which I'm sure will throw me some awesome curve balls with operation OR will actually freaking run perfect and i wont have to touch it

It wouldn't be TF without you or one of your siblings having some sort of injury.

hoosierlogger
06-18-2014, 07:59 AM
Walking out the door in 10 minutes

JasonB
06-18-2014, 10:09 AM
It wouldn't be TF without you or one of your siblings having some sort of injury.

LMAO man i am working HARD to change that believe me!

packed up 90% of my stuff last night, got the four bikes imbringing bolted together and ready! oils changed on all 4 of them ready to rock. need to strap em to the trailer and get rollin. I get out of work at 12pm CST and am finally free for vacation!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/MAS%20CACA/F04AC733-D05E-44D1-A63B-142497F5E23E_zpsa2jjhsuw.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/sleepin-mr2/media/MAS%20CACA/F04AC733-D05E-44D1-A63B-142497F5E23E_zpsa2jjhsuw.jpg.html)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/MAS%20CACA/1F73F2BC-E01B-4C7E-8D91-DFB471024957_zpsj5l2sx5y.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/sleepin-mr2/media/MAS%20CACA/1F73F2BC-E01B-4C7E-8D91-DFB471024957_zpsj5l2sx5y.jpg.html)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/MAS%20CACA/A008130A-2F99-4B26-B7EB-3856A20E63F3_zps7i3uiak0.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/sleepin-mr2/media/MAS%20CACA/A008130A-2F99-4B26-B7EB-3856A20E63F3_zps7i3uiak0.jpg.html)

ironchop
06-18-2014, 11:11 AM
^^^^^^MUCH better^^^^

hoosierlogger
06-18-2014, 02:18 PM
We are here and set up next to the herk and jerk pad along the fence.

jeff57
06-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Hey chickenhawk wanted me to let everyone know he won't be able to make it this year he had a death in family. Said he's sorry and he will see everyone next year

Jabcon
06-18-2014, 07:41 PM

All loaded up and ready to roll as soon as we shut down the bakery and the gf gets a shower because she doesnt want to smell like donuts when she meets everyone lol. Should be in around 2 in the afternoon tomorrow.

Jabcon
06-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Were here and have the donuts!!

Daddio
06-20-2014, 07:18 AM
We should be there, noonish. Ready or not......here we come!!!

Keith Salyer
06-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Everyone have a fun and safe TF. Take lots of pics and video.