PDA

View Full Version : Mt250 Bogs

Honda300ex
01-02-2004, 12:49 AM
We jsut got my dads 76 Mt250 runing today for the first time in 2 years.. changed the crank b/c the old one the treads where screwed up.. it has sat since 1982.. So it is in really nice shape.. we got it runing.. runs pretty good unless you gun it.. It wants to bog down and not run.. What do you think it would be? it makes me mad b/c i cant cruize along in 5th gear.. Think it could be the jetting? Air filter? or what?

TRI-Zbrian
01-02-2004, 12:52 AM
yeah if it sat that long id bet the carb needs to be taken off and cleaned its prolly all gumed up.

Honda300ex
01-02-2004, 12:55 AM
already cleaned the carb.. Im not that dumb.. if it sat for that long who wouldnt clean the carb? ;)

TRI-Zbrian
01-02-2004, 12:57 AM
has the jetting been messed with at all on the carb

Honda300ex
01-02-2004, 12:58 AM
nope.. all stock..

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-02-2004, 01:00 AM
Sounds to me like it could be a few things...First of all, it sounds like it may be running a little rich....possibly you mixed your gas a little rich?....check your air filter, make sure its nice and clean.....Pull your plug and replace it, its always good to change the plug after something has so for so long....make sure everything in the carb is seating properly, and if all this doesnt work... try moving the clip on the needle in the carb down a notch or 2 to lean it up a bit....Or before you do this, move the screws on the carb a little bit, see if you can get it tweaked right....there should be 2 screws..the smaller one kind of off to the side heres what to do....Screw it in till it starts to sputter and skip...then slowly screw it out untill the engine stops skipping and is running at its best.... Then the other screw that should be directly on the side...IF its idling low screw it in till it is as the best idling spot....or if it is idling to fast...screw it out till you get it right....once your done with this screw, you may want to go back to the other one and make sure it is still set right for everything..... Hope this helps.

Honda300ex
01-02-2004, 11:15 AM
It has oil Injection but we also put alittle oil in the gas to make it run rich for Breaking it in. The air filter was new last time we had it runing 2 years ago. Its got a brand new plug in it.. It has starting clearing out some now that we put straight gas in it. But maybe its just what Kilborg said.. All old 2 strokes are like this. no reeds.. :D

TRI-Zbrian
01-02-2004, 11:32 AM
yeah alot of it might be because you mixed the gas and it has injection also. what ratio did you mix the gas at ?and then again also its not goingto have the best throttle responce because its an old school engine design.

Honda300ex
01-02-2004, 11:34 AM
I put about 8 oz in with a gallon of gas.. Not sure what that ratio is i just threw some in their.. :D I was to lazy to get the ratio right out..

TRI-Zbrian
01-02-2004, 11:44 AM
omg im pretty sure 4 oz to a gallon is 32:1 and that means you did double that lol get rid of that gas that is way to much oil man lol get soem fresh strate gas and replace the plug and it should fix your problem. you dont have to make it that **edited** rich when you rebuild an engine maybe like a 50:1 mix in the tank if you have oil injection lol wow :rolleyes:

Honda300ex
01-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Dont :rolleyes: me you little post whore... Thats only 64;1.. And i already said above that i am runing straight gas in it and it has a new plug in it.. If you would read before you post you would be able to find these things out.. Your just repeating what me and Jared Said :D

TRI-Zbrian
01-02-2004, 11:54 AM
dude i know lol calm down i wasnt :rolleyes: to be a jerk man i was just joking man jeez seriosly i didnt meen anything by it. but any way if you have a bike that is oil injected you usualy dont have to mix the gas that rich if at all i would though my self also. but on another note if you have doubts about the oil injection pump being how old it is id disable it and just mix the gas like 32:1 if i were you. i do this with blasters all of the time because i dont trust the injection on them at all.
sorry again man i was just playin around lol. :-D

and also no 8 oz to one gallon of gas is not 64:1 its alot richer then that the higher the number to one the leaner it is 8 oz to one gallon is very very rich plus the oil injection making even that much more richer give me a sec and ill find out what 8oz to one gallon will get you ratio wise

any who i was just messin with yah i didnt meen anything by it at all

Honda300ex
01-02-2004, 11:57 AM
I dont have to worry about my blaster oil injection crapping out.. its already blocked off.. but the MT250s still works good.. Just runing stright gas threw it now instead the premix.. it was smoking like crazy.. going up the road i left a cloud.. hehehehe

mbg75
01-03-2004, 01:15 AM
8 oz. to one gallon is 16 to 1
4 oz to one gallon 32 to 1

mymint87
01-03-2004, 02:11 PM
anytime i had a bogging problem with 2 strokes i've always found a new set of rings helps and sometimes the piston can warp so just slap a whole new kit in it.....bet money thats the prob.

Honda300ex
01-03-2004, 04:35 PM
It was just rebuilt Thursday.. night :?

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-03-2004, 04:45 PM
your mixing it to rich, your talking about it blowing a big smoke cloud..... Go mix it right, then come tell us.