PDA

View Full Version : Burrrrrrrr

Howdy
01-07-2014, 07:16 AM
This was posted by a friend 3 miles from me.
Burrrrrr!!!!

The funny part is I was out in the weather with the snow blower cleaning drives and then later getting heaters to a friends place who's furnace went out. His water lines and pump was frozen. How ever we didn't see any broken water lines. We re-done how his heater was on the pump and within 30 minutes the pump was running. It appears we saved the pump. The internal house temp when we got there was 30-35. We added 2 heaters and are hoping the house warms up enough to save everything. His furnace parts are to be in and installed today ( fingers crossed ).
Howdy

Scootertrash
01-07-2014, 08:16 AM
Maxed out at -28 at my house yesterday morning. Made it to a whopping high of -18. Furnace and wood burner are operating properly tho. :)

briano
01-07-2014, 08:54 AM
It's been at least -15 in the mornings here for over two weeks. The coldest morning was -30, 3 days in a row last week the temps were -28, -26, and -30. Yuck, I'm almost out of wood and dread the thoughts of buying fuel oil at $3.79 per gallon.

MRSOUND
01-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Currently in my area

250r'en +TCB
01-07-2014, 11:04 AM
The lowest I saw was -12, but I am closer to the ocean than the rest of you so it kinda regulates the temperature. At least the lake froze properly this year! hahaha

Joseph Farrow
01-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm down below the Mason-Dixon line and it got to 3 here last night and it's currently 8. :w00t:

Ghostv2
01-07-2014, 01:48 PM
I got two nice big coal furnaces keeping me warm, so i dont know what everyones complaining about. :cool:

DohcBikes
01-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Super cold here in phoenix--66°--might hafta put an extra T-shirt on lol....

El Camexican
01-07-2014, 02:38 PM
I got up early and was thrilled to find that my water lines weren’t frozen. I soaked down the orange tree, palms and grass with the hose, turned on all the external taps to warm them up and waited for the thermometer to get to 38F. Sitting at 40 now. Laugh at me if you want (I would if I was up North with you) but sitting here in a concrete box with the AC units sucking up about $50 per day to keep only a few rooms in the house at about 55F sucks! I have the bathroom doors closed because the heat would go straight up the vent pipes, so when it comes time to sit down and take care of business it’s on an ice cold throne. I’m taking showers only as required now. Basically I am down to one shower every three days or whenever the dog won’t come near me. The wife is starting to look at Ecuadorian real-estate prices. Oh, and school was cancelled today, so my kid is here running around the house in bare feet, panties and a t-shirt asking if it's going to snow:crazy:

rdlsz24
01-07-2014, 04:00 PM
woohoo we just hit 1 degrees here in northern IL. Haven't been above zero in a couple days. Supposed to be in the 30s this weekend, going to feel like spring.

Rob

kb0nly
01-07-2014, 06:21 PM
I have around -20 for air temps, -54 was the coldest wind chill blast we had, but we were averaging around -40 wind chills most of the day. And then today its like 5 degrees above zero!

El Camexican
01-08-2014, 07:22 PM
A buddy from Scottsdale AZ of all places just sent me this. Not sure where all the footage is from, but the commentary is bang on.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0da_1389040807

bigdaddyvw185
01-08-2014, 08:06 PM
A buddy from Scottsdale AZ of all places just sent me this. Not sure where all the footage is from, but the commentary is bang on.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0da_1389040807

great video!, commentary is awesome lol

El Camexican
01-08-2014, 11:46 PM
great video!, commentary is awesome lol

Years back Burton Cummings wrote a song called Portage and Main about Winnipeg. I can't find it on youtube. I don't think it went mainstream, but I recall it had some good winter lyrics in it.

atc007
01-08-2014, 11:59 PM
I got up early and was thrilled to find that my water lines weren’t frozen. I soaked down the orange tree, palms and grass with the hose, turned on all the external taps to warm them up and waited for the thermometer to get to 38F. Sitting at 40 now. Laugh at me if you want (I would if I was up North with you) but sitting here in a concrete box with the AC units sucking up about $50 per day to keep only a few rooms in the house at about 55F sucks! I have the bathroom doors closed because the heat would go straight up the vent pipes, so when it comes time to sit down and take care of business it’s on an ice cold throne. I’m taking showers only as required now. Basically I am down to one shower every three days or whenever the dog won’t come near me. The wife is starting to look at Ecuadorian real-estate prices. Oh, and school was cancelled today, so my kid is here running around the house in bare feet, panties and a t-shirt asking if it's going to snow:crazy:

AC for heat...Yuck. I am not laughing. That flat out sucks and I feel for ya!! That video was the bomb. There was a email going around last year with buried homes,one with a sled parked on the roof. Classic stuff. We USED to have to rely on dozers and graders to plow the snow around our parts winters.. Not any more :(((. -7 for a high in the afternoon sun yesterday here. Mud and 50 forecasted for Saturday... Sounds like it'll get windy for a 60 degree swing :)

El Camexican
01-09-2014, 12:12 AM
AC for heat...Yuck. I am not laughing. That flat out sucks and I feel for ya!! That video was the bomb. There was a email going around last year with buried homes,one with a sled parked on the roof. Classic stuff. We USED to have to rely on dozers and graders to plow the snow around our parts winters.. Not any more :(((. -7 for a high in the afternoon sun yesterday here. Mud and 50 forecasted for Saturday... Sounds like it'll get windy for a 60 degree swing :)

Yea you said it about using the AC as a heater. When the temp get close to freezing they frost up and I have to spray water on them with the lawn hose to thaw them out and get them pumping heat again. Below freezing they are all but useless. I’m thinking of selling the house for half price the day before the next electric bill comes.

Scootertrash
01-09-2014, 08:56 PM
LOL El!!

Nice avatar! ROFLMAO!!

You owe me a keyboard!

El Camexican
01-09-2014, 09:14 PM
LOL El!!

Nice avatar! ROFLMAO!!

You owe me a keyboard!

That's two now if I'm counting correctly. Maybe I should just get you a bibb?;) Did you guys get a little break from the cold? My folks are North of you and they were hurting a few days back.