PDA

View Full Version : ATC 70 electrical question

BigBLockTank
01-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Can an 84 electrical system on a 70 be made into a 12 V system? And how, if so?

If not, how can I run 12V lights?

I'm building this 70 for a kid that is very well deserving, and it will be his, when we're done. Yes, we. He is helping to make decisions and the build, thinking it's mine and he'll get to ride it. It's going to powder coat today, so I have a few days before I get it back.

As always, thanks in advance!!!

Tank

briano
01-08-2014, 01:26 PM
The system on it will run a 12v light. I have a Yamaha fog light on one of mine and it's pretty bright.

BigBLockTank
01-08-2014, 01:33 PM
I thought it put out 6v and that's it. I want to run a couple of red and blue strobes, for a police bike (It's gonna be call Po-Po, so we don't pi$$ of any real cops) and I didn't think it would be enough current or voltage.

Thanks

briano
01-08-2014, 02:02 PM
It will put out more than six volts, there is no regulator on it. The bulbs regulate the voltage. Hook them up to see if it will work, I know my 12v light on mine is bright enough for night riding, and it's not like a candle burning, it's pretty bright. My brother put a 6v on his and keeps blowing bulbs after a bit of riding with the light on.

BigBLockTank
01-08-2014, 05:39 PM
It's torn apart now, going to the powder coater, but I will try it when I get it back. Thanks for the info!!!