PDA

View Full Version : yamaha 225

keller0658
01-11-2014, 02:43 PM
I have recently got my 84 ytm 225 back from the shop, it was getting work on due to bent and or broken shift forks. After getting it home and driving it, it was easy to tell something wasn't right. Down shifting is sometimes stiff, and when u down shift no matter what gear I'm in it will usually jump back to neutral. Also while
Trying to let the motor slow me down while going down a hill it jus feels like its in neutral and it rolls free. The other day I attempted to go up a slight grade and
It felt like the clutch was slipping. Before taking it to the shop the plates were good. Any help on what I'm dealing with here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

muthey
01-11-2014, 03:25 PM
do a clutch adjustment on her, do you have a manual that will explain in detail how to do it?

fabiodriven
01-11-2014, 03:56 PM
If you paid someone to work on it I know the first place that would be going.

keller0658
01-11-2014, 05:22 PM
I did pay someone, but regardless I don't want that mechanic even looking at anything of mine.

DohcBikes
01-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Get your money back man. If you let him slide he'll keep doing it.

keller0658
01-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Yea I'm already working that. I've def made it known to everybody in my area to avoid his business. I have the manual for the bike, but correct me if I'm wrong. It seems like there
Is more to the problem then jus a clutch adjustment.

DohcBikes
01-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Attempt the adjustment and go from there. Unfortunately, it kinda sounds to me like they had some fun with it.

muthey
01-11-2014, 10:50 PM
If you have someone else go into the motor have them check the shift forks out again, as I have a feeling they tried to straighten bent forks and failed, but definitely try the clutch adjustment and then look into buying new shift forks if it is still giving you problems. I would definitely check out the clutches if adjustment doesn't help.

El Camexican
01-12-2014, 02:13 AM
I hate when people are paid money to do a job and don't even check their work. I can just imagine that if you go complain he'll start telling you that you should buy something newer.