PDA

View Full Version : first time trikefest prepping

three50x
01-14-2014, 07:02 PM
I have never been to trikefest before and I plan on attending this year, for those of you who don't know I own a 85 350x and a 85 big red 250. I do not know what to bring extra or what to bring. If anyone here could enlighten me on what extra to bring it would be great. tire kit? carb cleaner? wrenches? sockets? ratchets? nuts? bolts? i know the usual, oil and gas and stuff. should i bring my extra parts and stuff i have for sale? please comment back. and what is it like? hot? how many people come out? cost?

MIK6
01-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Bring a light open face helmet.. the park requires head protection whenever riding.. it gets hot there, alot of us put on a bump cap/ harley helmet for camp crusing and for slow rides around the main trails to social gathering spots.. when your in the woods throw on a real helmet..

prepair for heat, flipflops for shower and river.. ezup for shade..

try to get some people in mind to camp near, then 1 can bring tools, 1 bring cooking stuff, share the load.. no since having 4 grills, 4 tool boxes ect in 1 camp group..

when someone offers help or a burger or a cup of coffee they mean it, dont be shy, meet and greet w everyone!

you wont see anything else like TF! TF is a blast!

three50x
01-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Bring a light open face helmet.. the park requires head protection whenever riding.. it gets hot there, alot of us put on a bump cap/ harley helmet for camp crusing and for slow rides around the main trails to social gathering spots.. when your in the woods throw on a real helmet..

prepair for heat, flipflops for shower and river.. ezup for shade..

try to get some people in mind to camp near, then 1 can bring tools, 1 bring cooking stuff, share the load.. no since having 4 grills, 4 tool boxes ect in 1 camp group..

when someone offers help or a burger or a cup of coffee they mean it, dont be shy, meet and greet w everyone!

you wont see anything else like TF! TF is a blast!
thanks for the feedback. I'm 15 and will be with my dad. i just don't know how well im going to fit in with older guys! i will spend some of my day riding, not sure about camping or not.

MIK6
01-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Howdys son has been going since the beginning, I think hes 16 this year, he hangs and rides w all of us..
I think kintore was 15 or 16 the 1st time I met him, I offfered him to take my 87 T3 for a rip then forced his dad to take my prairie700 for a few hours so he could ride w his son..
im not saying that theres not drinking some beers around but we make sure kids are welcome!

look me up, ill introduce you to some people and show you around the park!
Im easy to find, blue tanked 86T3 and 87T3 or a orange manco/agway rustler.. them 3 stand out even at TF! Lmao

three50x
01-14-2014, 08:44 PM
87 T3? got a pic?

MIK6
01-14-2014, 09:08 PM
My 86 has the headlight, my 87 has the # plate.. both run sprock 300cc big bores..
I took this a week or 2 back durring a snow ride.. lol

MIK6
01-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Look for my rustler, im on it alot at TF.. its a perfect crusier.. lol

three50x
01-14-2014, 09:50 PM
My 86 has the headlight, my 87 has the # plate.. both run sprock 300cc big bores..
I took this a week or 2 back durring a snow ride.. lol

GREAT looking trikes. i will have my X looking great come TF. painting my gas tank this weekend, finished all my painting with swinger and axle and frame and handlebars last week. getting new blue fork boots, new blue hand grips, and seat cover. its gonna be looking good for TF. if i cant make it this year i will next year Fs cause i get my license in march and i will be doing some of the MX races:D

Howdy
01-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Feel free to stop in at my Camp as well. I camp out at the top of the hill. I have a enclosed trailer and will have a couple flags flying and a kids 3 wheeler on top of it ( 3WW mascot. LOL ).
Also when you go in to pay you can ask them where Mik6, Howdy, Swinehart, or Billy's camp is ( just to name a few ). Heck, just stop some one on a 3 wheeler and most will show you around or point you to someone who will.

Yes, things can get wild at times, but one thing for sure is that at TF we are one big Family. Quite a few of TF attendees have taken my son on rides that he has never forgotten. My boy has adopted mik6, and Hagen ( Tallest guy at TF, and from Germany ) as true Brothers. I have to give TF full credit for my sons Love of 3 wheelers. TF started when he was 5 and he has only missed 1 ( thanks to his Mom ).
You will find when you treat others with respect you will will gain their respect in return!!

I do have a couple things to add:
#1 Haspin has some rules for us to follow. The #1 most important rule is to always wear a helmet. Do not ride without one. This one rule is the single most important rule for us to follow. If you see some one riding without one hollor at them and patt your head. I have made people park the machine until they have head protection. I do this for Safety and out of Respect for Haspin Acres.
Howdy

#2, prepare to be Hooked. You will find that some of the people / members that are always bickering on here can be like Best friends at TF. I have seen a few members that hated each other become good friends at TF and remain so afterwards. I have also seen Friends become VERY good friends.

three50x
01-15-2014, 12:02 AM
Yeah. I'm psyched. I have wanted to go but couldn't cause baseball. But I would love to meet some people my age, and especially guys like you who have helped me whenever I have had a question.

three50x
01-15-2014, 12:05 AM
Feel free to stop in at my Camp as well. I camp out at the top of the hill. I have a enclosed trailer and will have a couple flags flying and a kids 3 wheeler on top of it ( 3WW mascot. LOL ).
Also when you go in to pay you can ask them where Mik6, Howdy, Swinehart, or Billy's camp is ( just to name a few ). Heck, just stop some one on a 3 wheeler and most will show you around or point you to someone who will.

Yes, things can get wild at times, but one thing for sure is that at TF we are one big Family. Quite a few of TF attendees have taken my son on rides that he has never forgotten. My boy has adopted mik6, and Hagen ( Tallest guy at TF, and from Germany ) as true Brothers. I have to give TF full credit for my sons Love of 3 wheelers. TF started when he was 5 and he has only missed 1 ( thanks to his Mom ).
You will find when you treat others with respect you will will gain their respect in return!!

I do have a couple things to add:
#1 Haspin has some rules for us to follow. The #1 most important rule is to always wear a helmet. Do not ride without one. This one rule is the single most important rule for us to follow. If you see some one riding without one hollor at them and patt your head. I have made people park the machine until they have head protection. I do this for Safety and out of Respect for Haspin Acres.
Howdy

#2, prepare to be Hooked. You will find that some of the people / members that are always bickering on here can be like Best friends at TF. I have seen a few members that hated each other become good friends at TF and remain so afterwards. I have also seen Friends become VERY good friends.
Yeah. I'm psyched. I have wanted to go but couldn't cause baseball. But I would love to meet some people my age, and especially guys like you who have helped me whenever I have had a question.

hatc200x1
01-15-2014, 12:27 AM
Ill be a new guy also. Im 15 and will be 16 then. So your not the only youngster!

Looking forward to meeting you!

three50x
01-15-2014, 12:44 AM
Ill be a new guy also. Im 15 and will be 16 then. So your not the only youngster!

Looking forward to meeting you!
What will you be bringing??

hatc200x1
01-15-2014, 12:54 AM
83 200X, 85 110, and 83 250r MX racer,

three50x
01-15-2014, 08:11 AM
83 200X, 85 110, and 83 250r MX racer,

Yep we definitely need to do some riding! X's for life!

Outlaw #24
01-15-2014, 11:31 AM
I have seen some of your posts and I thought I would share Our Experience of TF with you guys! It doesn't matter if you are 15 I am 56 :drool: Connie and I will never forget Trike Fest2013. We went to our first T.F. :cool: We didn't know what to expect either So I will give you a run down that may Help! We asked like your are :wondering 1st What Howdy Said, He stopped me without a helmet and I know better :crazy: Thanks Howdy ;) Friday is MX day , so if you are an MXer bring it on :acr It was hotter than blazes 2013 but I had a blast :D After that they have a hill climb ( we missed it :cry: ), Moto crosser's were in the river cooling off :beer Saturday Is Drag race day and it was fun to watch :) Connie and I took the day off to ride and mess around :cool: We went by The Bra Tree and didn't even know it until we got home and looked at pictures , I took a photo and it was in the back ground :lol: Bring a CAMERA :pics: There is an award ceremony Saturday evening and then the Herk and Jerk :w00t::w00t: I brought the works and could have left a bunch at home :mad: Bring What you are comfortable with :eek: I am trying to plan for T.F. :Bounce we hope to be there and meet you guys :) we met a great group of people last year :cool: Read the T.F. specific threads above to get an idea :lol: Remember Everybody takes care of everybody at Trike Fest :crazy:

MIK6
01-15-2014, 11:56 AM
TF is a blast! I am a trike rider not a racer BUT my trikes were in a ton of events! Mts MXed my 2cate in the bigwheel race, 3wheeledroofer MXed my 350x I the 350x class and HAGENs friend raced my 87 T3 I the mod drags.. then Regina took the 87 back out for some grudge racing. . fun was had by all! I had a blast watching people rip on my trikes!
The 3 guys that raced my atvs flew in just for TF w/o a trike ride, I had never met any of them before that weekend! Only at TF does stuff like thats happen!

see you new guys there!

JasonB
01-15-2014, 02:25 PM
MIK6 has the right idea with splitting items between other atendees to lighten your own haul out there. Usually find everyone comes pretty well prepared and ready for anything. My list is below, i try to make sure i can fix things i break and take care of my own immediate needs but there is a head office with a cafeteria in it that serves up some pretty decent food over the weekend. I have a crazy list but I like to be prepared. This is my 8th trikefest ;)

TRIKEFEST 2014 PACKING INVENTORY LIST:

ATLEAST 2 TRIKES FOR RIDING

FIX-IT AND UP-KEEP ITEMS:

TOOL BOX with wide assortment of ratchets, special purpose tools etc
Spare parts your bike regularly eats on long rides
Spare plugs if you 2 stroke it
Mixing oil for 2 strokers
5 gallon jug for gasolines
Mixing cup!
Bucket of spare bolts etc
Engine oil
Mechanics gloves
Breaker bar

DAILY NEEDS:

Tent
Spare change of undies/socks for every day of camping
Atleast one fresh pair of pants/shirt for each day incase of rain
Rain gear for bad conditions
A-Star Riding boots
Spare pair of tennis shoes to get dirty with
Shampoo for general cleaning with showering/creek bathing
Bottle of Sanitizer
Riding gloves
Helmet (obviously)
Goggles
Radio or entertainment of sorts
Flash lights! X10
Lantern for camp
Air mattress AND battery pump for the old peoples (MYSELF)
Two towels for showering etc on a 5 day trip to TF2014
Cable lock for bikes in case of a break down on the road side there or headed home.
Small gas grill
Sweat shirts for cold nights at the shoe tree and night rides
Sleeping bag!
Pillow
SUNGLASSES
DEODERANT
Tooth brush and paste
Sandals to use for the showers there
Folding chairs
2 Pop up pavilion’s to keep the rain and mid day sun off of camp
Skewers for marshmallows and random food to cook over fire
Candy to keep me fat and slow
Portable battery powered fan
Knife for killing things and cutting people trying to steal my food (i kid i kid :crazy:)
Some mud boots for kicking around in if it gets nasty out
Fireworks
Tarp for covering random equipment and bikes if it rains
Hat in case it gets chilly

FOOD STUFFS:

Big cooler
Gallon of water per day
Chips
Crackers
Pizza money for that place in town
granola bars
packets of tuna and mayonnaise to combine for eating with whole grain crackers
V8 6 pack for healthy good times
banananananas
apples
oranges

MRSOUND
01-15-2014, 04:42 PM
I also agree with splitting things up. Last year our "group of 4" met at the house about a month or 2 before leaving and went over what we wanted and made lists. Food, supplies, tools, etc. Everything was divided up so we weren't bring redundant items. Worked out well.

three50x
01-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys! But so far I'm the only person from my immediate area coming that I know of. I do know I most likely will only be there on the weekend, unsure of what day or if I am camping. are there still rides on the weekend? I am currently planning on bringing my 85 350x, 85 big red 250, and all the parts I have for sale, bolts, wrenches, snacks, ratchets, sockets, drinks, motor oil, a tarp, gasoline, grease, riding boots, goggles, helmet, riding gloves, sweatshirts, pair or 2 of shorts, sandals, some cash, and a few other things. anything im missing?

Kintore
01-16-2014, 02:07 PM
I started going in 05 with my old man when I was 15. Now im 24 and have gone every year since. Trikefest is a addiction, when you go once you will go EVERY other year.

Pretend like your camping pretty much, Pop Ups-EZ ups are KEY along with some good lawn chairs.

Heat can get brutal there, to the point of sitting and just drinking water. Or heading to the river.

Bring enough tools/items to fix minor issues. Alot of us bring 5+ 3wheelers just so we have a nice variety pack.

You will love it, Guaranteed!

hoosierlogger
01-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Where in southern indiana are you?

keister
01-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks guys! But so far I'm the only person from my immediate area coming that I know of. I do know I most likely will only be there on the weekend, unsure of what day or if I am camping. are there still rides on the weekend? I am currently planning on bringing my 85 350x, 85 big red 250, and all the parts I have for sale, bolts, wrenches, snacks, ratchets, sockets, drinks, motor oil, a tarp, gasoline, grease, riding boots, goggles, helmet, riding gloves, sweatshirts, pair or 2 of shorts, sandals, some cash, and a few other things. anything im missing?

When you say weekend? Official events start Friday AM and end Saturday PM. By noon on Sunday, everyone is long gone.

fabiodriven
01-16-2014, 04:27 PM
These guys nailed it as far as what you'll need. I just want to reiterate that it is absolutely addicting. My first year was 2011 and I've been every year since. This past year has been really rough on me and I don't have much money wise and no steady job. One thought I can't suppress is how I'm going to make Trikefest this year. There are things in my life now that should be far more important and all I can think about is Trikefest.

To be honest, I made my sister move her wedding last year so I could make it. No lie. Haha.

MattDragontamer
03-17-2014, 06:23 AM
It's nice to see this post, I am planning to go this year as long as everything in my life stays in check. :)

I am trying to drag a fellow member along for the ride... but it might take a little more convincing.

The two rides I will be bringing will be my Green 1985 Taurus 650 and my 1973 ATC 70 Chrome Custom.

I have a 20ft trailer that I am working on plans to make it into a hauler and camper... few mods have to be done to make it safe and well vented.
Unless I find a deal on a tent setup... :)
I will be driving from Cold Lake, Alberta. It will be a little more costly for me than most... but I promised myself to at least attend TF once.

One question I do have is: How big of a plot does one get at the campsite?
I ask because I would like to plan out my selt-up and take in consideration the room I will have to play with.

Outlaw #24
03-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Hey Dragon, You have as much room as you need You just have to find an area that make you comfortable. It is all primitive camping but there is a building with a shower room and toilets as long as people DON"T TRASH IT! and make darn sure you wear you helmet or a hard hat of some sort that is appropriate for the unit you are on IE: Big Red (slow)= hard hat , 250R (fast) = Helmet. You will have plenty of room Mattdragontamer!!!

CRAZY70MAN
03-17-2014, 10:43 AM
One of the biggest factors is when you will arrive and what type of camping you plan to do. There are plenty of spots down in the trees behind the basement but be forewarned! Before you set up, stop and think can I get back up out of here when it rains cause it will. We have even moved up top on a Saturday night to avoid getting stranded down in the bottoms. Plenty of room up on flat ground. You will have to deal with major dust from traffic if it gets really hot and dry as the main roads are basically all dirt. Regardless, there will be somewhere to set up whatever you bring. It's like the largest family reunion you have ever been to in my eyes. For me, some of the people I see and met here it will be the only time I see them every year and it's like we never skipped a beat. They are family in my eyes and always will be.:beer I make it a point to cruise around more now and stop in at random and meet new faces:beer If you forget or need anything, trust me...someone there has it and will gladly help you out, I gaurentee it. I used to rush around and try to do to much for myself, now I just like to hit a few events, sip some beverages and appreciate other peoples trikes,camps, stories etc.... Hope to meet some new faces again this year and help out a little more with some events.

MattDragontamer
03-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Alright, thanks for the info. :)

lokisbuddy
03-19-2014, 04:53 PM
I lost my license this year for driving on an expired but next year I will have it back and hope to make it to trikefest.