PDA

View Full Version : 185s no spark

dlmeyer0325
01-15-2014, 04:24 AM
Its been a while since my last post but I'm having trouble with my honda. I went to pull it and it fired then just died. Now i have no spark. Link below is a short youtube video of it. Any ideas on a fix would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80OQij8ZkuA

tri again
01-15-2014, 05:15 PM
No spark?
Intermittent spark?
Cold spark but no spark when warm?

I'd try the search key and reall ALL the posts.
Being lazy, old and usually a few other things, I go from ez and cheap and move down the line.
Clean(ED) and good looking spark plugs are, oddly enough, capable of screwing up days of diagnosis. NO joke.
The spark plug cap screws into the plug wire and that wire gets green and corroded so nip off the last quarter inch.
That plug cap also has a resistor in it I think so check for spark with that cap off.
All ez and free so far. as is checking every and ALL connections including grounds.
Not fun for me but really needs to be done.

If it runs and then dies when warmer?
Let it cool and when you KNOW it will start, hit components one at a time with a a hairdryer.
CDI, coil etc.
Hopefully that will get you started on a fix.
Please let us know what you find.

dlmeyer0325
01-15-2014, 07:01 PM
thanks for the info ill give it a shot.

kb0nly
01-16-2014, 03:15 AM
Take the CDI off, smack it back side down on the workbench or floor hard a few times and try it again.. Just to rule it out! LOL... I only suggest it because its worked for me a few times. Then you know its time to get a new CDI on there.

Other than that, as already suggested go through every connection, every part, kill switch is a good one that can be causing problems. When you had it running how did you shut it off? If you used the kill switch or ignition switch they may have issues. You can quickly unplug them to rule them out as shorting the ignition kill wire.

Fresh plug and freshen up the ends of the plug wire. I know that gets said over and over on here but its just one of those common quick fixes that can give good results sometimes.

dlmeyer0325
03-23-2014, 09:51 PM
Update: been a while but I was able to work on it again. Simple fix, the ground wire on the coil pack was corroded. runs just fine now. Thanks guys