PDA

View Full Version : HOME of the FREE ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

atc007
01-16-2014, 11:26 AM
http://www.motorcyclepowersportsnews.com/Item/122697/the_ama_and_atva_encourage_riders_to_organize_agai nst_motorcycleonly_checkpoints.aspx

MRSOUND
01-16-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm a member of A.B.A.T.E. (Mason Dixon Chapter). They are very active in motorcycle legislation. They are a non-profit that does a lot for motorcyclists rights and charitable contributions such as Christmas for kids and the wounded warrior program, rider education programs, etc.. These "issues" mentioned above have come up at our meetings as well. Home of the free? not anymore, they just keep looking for more ways to keep taking a bigger slice of our pie!

atc007
01-16-2014, 03:03 PM
That is awesome Mike. Sounds like an amazing group! I had NEVER heard of targeting a group,pulling them over and taking body samples....... With the droans recording it all??? Wow wee .... Glad to hear this is on their radar..

El Camexican
01-16-2014, 03:59 PM
There is alway Mexico when you guy come around and realize just how "free" you really are. Till then bend over and lube up, it's only just begun...

fabiodriven
01-16-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm downsizing and moving out of state. Next move is out of this country.

Caminofeld
01-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Wowzas, I guess I need to get real tags for my bike now:naughty:

For all the Anarchists and Libertarians out there, just watch what you post because this is the internet and we all know Big Brother is watching...

tri again
01-18-2014, 02:14 AM
Hate to feed the fire but lots of legit biz people actually pull the batteries out of their cell phones during important meetings.
..and what's this nonsense ? even if your computer is powered off. it can still be scanned?

Mosh
01-18-2014, 09:27 AM
That is awesome Mike. Sounds like an amazing group! I had NEVER heard of targeting a group,pulling them over and taking body samples....... With the droans recording it all??? Wow wee .... Glad to hear this is on their radar..

There has been pockets of things like this happening for some time now. It has been documented in many books.
Stories of police actually performing body cavity searches on the side of the road in front of parents kids all over a simple traffic violation.
It is an emerging military police state and unless these people get their heads out of the sand and wake up read and study, and vote these clowns out we are gonna see more of it.. and facebook and twitter and pinterest are not the places to get the facts or unite the concerned citizens as many on those things are not generally concerned.

barnett468
01-19-2014, 06:41 AM
I had NEVER heard of targeting a group,pulling them over and taking body samples I didn’t know about the random "motorcycle only" check points either.

I know that in some US states if not all of them, unless a licensed motor vehicle operator signed a consent form consenting to random blood or swab tests at the time they got their license, or at the time the cops attempt to perform these tests, it is illegal to force one to take these tests, therefore the rider can simply refuse them and not receive any type of punishment for their refusal that will hold up in court.

One exception to this might be if they are being performed under the "guise" of determining ones blood alcohol level, in which case, the only tests one is legally required to take is either a breath analyzer or blood test.

With the droans recording it all??? Around 18 years ago in one particular county, the county building inspectors used to go onto people’s property or look over peoples fences for building code violations etc. Those that got code violation citations from inspections performed in this manner, but knew the law, got the violations dismissed because they were given illegally. In this particular state it is illegal for county employees to go on private property for the purpose of looking for code violations at least without a complaint, and it is never legal for them to look over a fence or go beyond a locked gate to do so without the property owners permission.

The reason it was illegal to find a code violation by looking over a fence, is because there is a legal “Expectation of privacy” by the property owner.

Well, after losing many of these cases in court too, the county simply ended up buying a plane with a spy camera with taxpayers money, and started flying over properties in selected areas and taking photos of ALL of them.

They would look at the photos to see if there were any visible code violations then issue citations and fines by mail to the owners of those properties that appeared to have violations.

Some fought it in court but the county won on the logic that, since it is reasonable for people to expect planes to occasionally fly over their property and therefore possibly be seen by the people in those planes, they have no legal “Expectation of privacy” from their property being viewed by people in those planes or from an elevation that is above the properties fence line in general etc.

I have not heard of them loosing a single case since.

This same state is also trying to pass a law that allows the cops to track the new chips some mfg’s either currently have or may eventually install in their cars. This is to allow the cops to determine if someone is speeding without even being there, so they can issue them a citation by mail.

They still need to overcome the hurdle of who they would fine and assign moving violation points to since there would be no way for them to identify who was actually driving.

This state already has a law that prohibits the cops from issuing speeding tickets based upon time over distance. It must be actually clocked.

I have no doubt that they will think of something to get around this "minor detail" eventually, or simply pass some new law allowing them to do this, since for some reason, it doesn't seem that the people get to vote on a lot of these new laws that pop up anyway.

lots of legit biz people actually pull the batteries out of their cell phones during important meetings.
..and what's this nonsense ? even if your computer is powered off. it can still be scanned?I recently heard on the news of the police locating a stolen computer from a device like a lojack that was installed in it.

Check out the movie “Enemy of the State” on youtube for free, the link is below. It suggests different was the gov can track things. I know that at least some of them are true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKxQv_SVBSY

MRSOUND
01-19-2014, 03:24 PM
It is an emerging military police state and unless these people get their heads out of the sand and wake up read and study, and vote these clowns out we are gonna see more of it.. and facebook and twitter and pinterest are not the places to get the facts or unite the concerned citizens as many on those things are not generally concerned.
This how A.B.A.T.E. tries to help as well by supporting/promoting candidates who support the rights of motorcyclist. But as with any politician what they promise and what do once they are in aren't always the same. Our local chapter had this issue during the last round of elections, didn't pan out as expected. All we can do is try and hope we made the right choices for representation. Sometimes you gotta go against the grain of the groups you support because of who they support as well. For example the union I'm under supported Obama :crazy:(first time around, wised up the 2nd go round) but he didn't get my vote either time!

czac
01-27-2014, 05:56 PM
the county simply ended up buying a plane with a spy camera with taxpayers money, and started flying over properties in selected areas and taking photos of ALL of them.

They would look at the photos to see if there were any visible code violations then issue citations and fines by mail to the owners of those properties that appeared to have violations.

Some fought it in court but the county won on the logic that, since it is reasonable for people to expect planes to occasionally fly over their property and therefore possibly be seen by the people in those planes, they have no legal “Expectation of privacy” from their property being viewed by people in those planes or from an elevation that is above the properties fence line in general etc.

I have not heard of them loosing a single case since.

This is why it is every American citizens sworn duty to remove ANY type of drone, model airplane / helicopter flying over ones private property... Invade my airspace, im shooting at you! lol.