PDA

View Full Version : New member with 83 atc 250r pics and questions

Jheezy7
01-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Hey, I'm a new member but I've been into trikes all my life. I've been on this site for a few months now and it's awesome but I've never posted anything before, so take it easy on me if I do it wrong..I have an 83 250r that I've been tryin to fix up for the last few months now and I've recently installed a uni air filter, brand new pj34 carb, rad valve, and spacer..I also recently purchased what appears to me to be an old skool DG pipe but I need help identifying it..the only markings on it are on the front mount tab it's stamped "22"..I'm guessing it stands for 22 gauge metal..my other problem is I was able to pick up a gold DG head that was throw in on some paddle tires that I bought..:w00t:..the only thing is the head is for an 81-82 250r and I'm afraid that it won't fit with the new exhaust..:wondering..is there anyway to make it fit without hackin it up too bad..It's not mint or anything but I def don't want to do any unnecessary damage to it if I don't have to..Lastly, is there anyone that has a DG head for an 83-84 R that wants to trade or anyone with a 300 kit that wants to trade?? Open to all input, offers and suggestions..Thanks again!!

atc007
01-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Welcome. I think the 2nd gen R's are probably THE sexiest 3 wheelers ever. I'm thinking PK ,answer ,Coffman or something along those lines on your pipe. I despise 350x headlights on R"s lol ! But that's MY problem :) I think you lose 2 or 3 fins with that head? I forget...

El Camexican
01-19-2014, 10:37 PM
I've been on this site for a few months now and it's awesome but I've never posted anything before, so take it easy on me if I do it wrong.

Your future on this site and manner which you are treated while here is going to depend mainly on the type of oil you use.:lol:

Seriously, welcome aboard, nice ride!:welcome:

Jheezy7
01-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys:beer..if you know anyone that has a 300 kit that wants to trade for a DG head that's my dream..:drool: I realize it might not be an even trade but I'd make it even..any other thoughts of what kind of pipe that could be???:wondering

stoshu
01-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Just add a spacer on the pipe hanger. 1/2 inch spacer should give you 1/4 inch clearance. Worked on mine with a Mugen pipe.

Jheezy7
01-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Ahh ok..and you didn't have to shave off any fins?? Did you have the 1st gen head or the 2nd?

Jheezy7
01-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the pics 300r...the DG gold head IS for the 81-84 250r...but the 81-82 head and the 83-84 head are slightly different..I was wondering if it's possible to install a 81-82 head on an 83' without hackin it up?
Looks like I'll either have to cut off the fins on the corner or use a spacer on the pipe hanger or both..I was hopin to find either a 83-84 DG head that I could buy or trade for, or a 300 kit..wishful thinking perhaps..Hey atc300r, you got a 300 head you wanna trade for a DG head??Ca mon.....:naughty:

Jheezy7
01-22-2014, 12:39 AM
I got the one on the left too..the one on the right side is seeming pretty elusive..I'm digging what you're sayin about just resleeve'n my cylinder and throwin in a new piston..so you just send your engine to KustomKraft and they do it all? how much for that? and could they use my DG head? It would be the first 290-300r with a DG head I've seen!

HondaRidr
01-22-2014, 02:17 AM
Ya they will port it for you too if you want. Cant remember the price but look them up. I believe you could run a gold head on a re sleeved stock cyl but it would need to be re-chambered. Someone correct me if im wrong...