PDA

View Full Version : Acer Aspire 5560-7879 BIOS Password?

Lord Letto 20
01-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi, I had a Acer Aspire 5560-7679 Laptop that I bought on clearance from Wal-Mart back in October-November 2012, The screen broke on it and stopped working back in April 2013, I sold it on Kijiji about 2 weeks or so ago for $70 for parts or repair. I Got a email today from the guy That bought it saying it's like new now and working perfectly but he needs the BIOS Password, I replied back saying how I don't know that I never done anything in the BIOS and that when I bought it from Wal-Mart they set the user password but the user password should have nothing to do with BIOS, just the OS/HDD, so the BIOS password should be whatever it was from factory as far as I know, I also asked what the problem(s) was besides the broken screen. He replied back and he said the GPU needed the solder reflowed but the BIOS got a password on it and he can't do anything with it until he has that. I'm Replying back to see if he means CPU Not GPU (AMD APU, CPU + Intergrated GPU in 1) and to recommend that he removes the CMOS battery from the motherboard to try to bypass/remove the BIOS password, and to let me know if that don't work. If that Don't Work, Do anyone here have a Idea how to Find out the BIOS password or how to get around it?

Lord Letto 20
01-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Fixed by Jumping jp12 and 16

kb0nly
01-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Was just gonna post that... LOL

Removing the battery doesn't work on these.