PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Mick Dodge. National Geographic channel. Good show. Check it out.

trike savior
01-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Just wanted to say I have been liking this show. If you have not heard of or watched, check it out. New episodes tonight (Tuesdays) and can watch short clips on National Geographic.com I think it is cool because unlike survivor man, (good show also) it shows what it takes to not just survive but thrive. Granted the guy has made some serious physical changes to live there. They say on the show he lives off of 1000 calories a day. I also like the fact is it is all very real. He lives off the land but has friends that he trades with for supplies, uses matches and other things that would be available to someone who is living off the land near civilization.

Check it out. It is a lot more than a barefoot hippy running around the Washington rain forest.

Ghostv2
01-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Dang, i missed it last night. Saw all the other ones, i like the show. Very cool.
Im also surprised hes still mentally sane after living in the woods for 30 years. Still has friends, can still joke around and have fun.

trike savior
01-22-2014, 01:57 PM
admittedly I had to DVR. Klondike on discovery had my attention since monday. final episode of that is tonight and they are showing all 3 episodes in a row starting at 4 central. it is also a very interesting show. But I have been a big fan of "Gold Rush" and "Bering Sea Gold" since the beginning. All my friends in college would make fun of me because I was working with trucks and heavy equipment all day, and would come home and watch other guys work on tv.

RIDE-RED 250r
01-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Another good one so far has been the show about Oak Island on History. So far for the most part it seems very real, with minimal scripted drama.

I remember reading about the Oak Island mystery years ago when I was a kid of about 8 years old. Forgot all about it till that show came on. It's a very interesting story, if you haven't heard of it, check it out.

kb0nly
01-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Another good one so far has been the show about Oak Island on History. So far for the most part it seems very real, with minimal scripted drama.

I remember reading about the Oak Island mystery years ago when I was a kid of about 8 years old. Forgot all about it till that show came on. It's a very interesting story, if you haven't heard of it, check it out.

Same here, really digging on the Oak Island Mystery series. I remember reading about it years ago, like 15 years back at least. I always found it really intriguing and now its nice to see someone thats taking more of a scientific slow approach to it, rather then hey lets just dig a hole. Cant wait to see what they find in the swamp this week.

I also watch gold rush and bering sea gold. They do seem to script some drama in on them though.

Mick Dodge is good to, guy really gets along good living off the land.