PDA

View Full Version : HELP! atc 70 wont stay running

Nickmazz
01-22-2014, 11:37 PM
OK..... it wont let me post in the technical section because im new so its worth a shot hopefully someone can help me out. My atc 70 is being a pain. Ran great the day before. Came back next day and it would not stay running. I runs for like 3-5 seconds. Starts more without the choke with choke it stalls right away if i can get to it before it dies(3-5 seconds). I cleaned the carb 4x removed every jet soaked everything in carb cleaner then blew clean with compressed air blew carb cleaner thru every hole in carb still does the same thing. ANd once it starts for that 3-5 seconds it is impossible to start again takes a lot of kicks. THanks plz help me asap. I will really appreciate it!

Nickmazz
01-23-2014, 12:02 AM
??? No one can help me??.

Nickmazz
01-23-2014, 12:24 AM
HAS a fat blue spark

Nickmazz
01-23-2014, 12:26 AM
I had it running for like 1 minute 2 days ago then it died. I dont know what it can be

tri again
01-23-2014, 12:44 AM
Maybe this will help repost your issue.
Got spark when it won't start?
will it restart with start fluid? when you're sure it won't start on it's own?

Gas running TO carb?
does gas run out from the float bowl drain? or does it stop after a second and then dribble?

almost sounds like it's taking forver for gas to get to the carb, or gas tank vent plugged?
any difference with the cap loose?

Maybe try the search key.
Be glad you have good spark.
can you click on:
service manual
?
PLEASE let us know what you find.

Yeah, I wonder what the time date stamp is on this board.
Did you post around 8pm est?
My clock shows 843pm pacific time.
Maybe it's really midnight on the east coast and everyone is asleep.

Nickmazz
01-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Gas does go to the carb

shortline10
01-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Check your compression . Does it blow your thumb off the spark plug hole when you pull the recoil ?

Nickmazz
01-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Its a kick start and yes blows my thumb right off the kick back broke my friends toe...... WHen it kicks back its nasty..... TOns of compression.