PDA

View Full Version : cr500 likes dislikes wanitng trailprotrailpro 2 cents

Xowner
01-03-2004, 12:35 AM
let me know trailprotrailpro thoughts about them fun to ride or what? i might be getting a 91 so let me hear it

Thanks

KASEY
01-03-2004, 04:17 AM
whats to say,, twice as much power as you need ,,, huge amount of grunting lowend power massive amount of explosive two stroke topend i wouldn't trade mine for anything!!!!!!!

Xowner
01-03-2004, 12:41 PM
thats what i wanted to heard how hard to kick conpaired to a 350X?

kasey trailprotrailpro just lucky u got power in a trike u got two +'s :twisted:

samster143
01-08-2004, 06:34 PM
The only 500cc 2 stroke I have ridden was a KTM 495. Plenty of power....just twist and hold on! I would like to own one.

yater
01-08-2004, 10:58 PM
They are worthy trailbikes too. They can be treated like a four stroke and have plenty of low end. The mid-top can be scary for someone like me who doesn't ride them all the time. Some people SWEAR by them and what can I say? Nothing--cuz they've got the balls to ride them!

PLJ.
01-23-2004, 01:27 AM
I have owned three CR500's over the years. An 84, the last air cooled version. Tons of midrange, explosive power. Very hard to start. Starting mechanism on this model was plagued from the beginning. Steer clear. The second, an 86, was my favorite. Decent to start. Although I always had to prop it up against a garage, truck or a tree to start it with full riding boots on!! Wrecked more than one pair of Redwing boots trying to start it. Great power, very controllable, tons of grunt, but never explosive. The last was a 2000 model. Easier to start than any of the previous ones. Disappointed with the power deliver until a Procircuit pipe and Boysens were installed. Then the power was like the 86. P.S. my cousin has my old 2000 and is looking to sell it. Thanks.

Dirtcrasher
02-07-2004, 04:09 PM
I got to borrow a 1990 CR500 and at the time I owned a 1994 CR250.

Although the thought of neverending torque may seem nice - I simply could not get the power to the ground. Even when "rolled on" power was applied the rear tire would break loose and not get to the ground where it was needed.

We race time after time and my 250 took the 500 every time. When we got wide open after 1/4 mile or so he would finally catch me but I would take him on the MX track easily.

I must admit though - I could race the whole track in 3rd gear on his 500CC - the power is real strong and with a little clutch action it would run anywhere.

Not for the weak hearted!!