PDA

View Full Version : Craft beer trading .

whyzee
01-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Definitely late to the game in this craft beer movement but nonetheless still exciting. I am finding some of these things are impossible to find unless you live near the brewery of the beer you want. Anyone on here near Waterbury VT and can locate the elusive Heady Topper? Also would like to try Hopslam. I believe its bells brewery in MI.
:beer

hoosierlogger
01-26-2014, 09:18 AM
There was talk last year of having a beer swap at trikefest. There are a lot of beers that people have a desire for that are not available in their area. Mike (mrsound) brought me a case of yuengling last year. It is made on the east coast and not available in the Midwest. I think we should adopt and implement this idea. Of Course you would have to be at trikefest for this system. The post office doesn't like to ship liquids but I think ups doesn't have a problem with it. I know it certainly is a treat enjoyin a beer that has some miles on it.

whyzee
01-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Hoosier, I can get you as much yuengling as your heart desires .

Ghostv2
01-26-2014, 12:00 PM
I live like 30-40 minutes from the yuengling brewery in Pottsville. My work use to be just right around the corner. I know around here some beer distributors will order these beers for you. It costs a lot but hey, if you really want it.

My buddy and I are getting The Trooper beer by Iron Maiden all the way from robinsons brewers in England. $40 for a 8 pack but he's paying so I don't care. :) plus it's my favorite band.

hoosierlogger
01-26-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks whyzee, I can usually get it. I have a buddy that does a lot of machine repair work in the steel mills in PA. He brings about 5 cases back each time he goes out. I don't think he goes out there much any more. I'll keep you in mind if I get hard up and need a case shipped. If there is any beer near me that you want, I'll be glad to get it your way.

barnett468
01-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Definitely late to the game in this craft beer movement but nonetheless still exciting. I am finding some of these things are impossible to find unless you live near the brewery of the beer you want. Anyone on here near Waterbury VT and can locate the elusive Heady Topper? Also would like to try Hopslam. I believe its bells brewery in MI.
:beerLOL, If you're thirsty enough you can get it sent to you.

These guys mail order and buy from alchemist brewery [Heady Topper] and bells [Hopslam]. They might be able to send you some Heady Topper and Hopslam, otherwise contact the breweries directly at the numbers below and ask which of their dealers will mail order or contact their retail distributors directly in the other links.

http://www.halftimebeverage.com/shop-for-beer/state/vermont.html?p=1

alchemist pub and brewery 1-802-244-4120 the public store is closed, this number might not work.

alchemist brewery 1-802-244-7744

alchemistbeer.com

distributors for alchemist brewery

http://alchemistbeer.com/buy/

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/distribution/32329/

bells brewery 1- 269-382-2338

http://www.bellsbeer.com/contact/

distributors for bells [hopslam]

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/distribution/35488/

Dang it, I'm kinda thirsty myself now.

:beer:beer

whyzee
01-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the crazy good links Barnett! Unfortunately neither of the beers I am looking to find are available mail order that I am aware of.
I am hoping someone will notice these when they see them . They are pretty pricey. I believe the Hopslam is $17.99 6 pack and the Heady is $14.99 a 4 pack.
For what its worth my favorite thus far has been the Dogfish 90 minute pale ale. Its incredible!

whyzee
01-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Thanks whyzee, I can usually get it. I have a buddy that does a lot of machine repair work in the steel mills in PA. He brings about 5 cases back each time he goes out. I don't think he goes out there much any more. I'll keep you in mind if I get hard up and need a case shipped. If there is any beer near me that you want, I'll be glad to get it your way.
Hoosier,
Keep your eyes out for Hopslam. Its made by Bells brewery. Its an IPA . The price will make you laugh if you can find it.

hoosierlogger
01-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Hoosier,
Keep your eyes out for Hopslam. Its made by Bells brewery. Its an IPA . The price will make you laugh if you can find it.
Ok I'll keep an open eye. I am pretty good friends with the guy that owns both liquor stores in town. I'll ask him if he can get it.

A funny side note: his name is Rick James. Lol

Chopsaw
01-26-2014, 08:54 PM
St. Louis has a great selection of beers from all parts of the country . Hoosier I get Yuengling off the shelf at Dierbergs . Large selection from bells and New Glaris . We have Friar Tucks that has about any beer you want . You can even pick-mix a 6 pack .

hoosierlogger
01-26-2014, 09:15 PM
St. Louis has a great selection of beers from all parts of the country . Hoosier I get Yuengling off the shel at Dierbergs

Wow I was under the impression that it wasn't available at all off the east coast. Is Dierbergs a large chain store that has a distribution center?

barnett468
01-27-2014, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the crazy good links Barnett! Unfortunately neither of the beers I am looking to find are available mail order that I am aware of.

I am hoping someone will notice these when they see them . They are pretty pricey. I believe the Hopslam is $17.99 6 pack and the Heady is $14.99 a 4 pack.
For what its worth my favorite thus far has been the Dogfish 90 minute pale ale. Its incredible!no prob, your welcome. always more than happy to try to help out another desparate beer drinker in their hour of need.

the halftimebeverage shop does mail order only but they don't list either beer, however they do buy other styles from those two breweries. i thought they might be able to order it for you. since some are seasonal, they might be getting them in anyway or have them but haven't updated their site.

some of the retail shops i listed might be motivated to mail you some if they legally can. i've gotten things done before, lol.

also, the hopslam is in several states including az at wine and more in phoenix and whole foods in scottsdale. several members here live in az including DohcBikes and Mr. Clean. possibly a pm to an az member explaining your plight might render you what you want. i'm sure both these guys get to that part of town on occasion. most of the people living in the central phoenix are know about feeling parched.

i'm usually there right now for the barrett jackson auction. if i was i would be happy to send you some.

i sold a car to a guy in canada and he would ship me a case of canadian coors every month from there on his trucks for free. it was 5.0%. cool deal.

I used to drink beer with around 4.7 - 5.2% alc. i bought two bottles of a brand i didn' know. got to the bottom of the second one and felt unusually happy. looked at the label and it was 8 or 8.5%. i was HAMMARD, lol..

i love going into the big stores and just looking at the labels. canada has one called Moose Drool Ale.

here's a commemorative bottle of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/301079243480?lpid=82

moose drool t shirt depicting a heavily drooling moose

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291044588640?lpid=82

good luck in you're quest!

:Bounce