PDA

View Full Version : Led light question

Unleashed1
01-27-2014, 04:16 AM
Hello all. This is my first post on this Site. It may be very simple I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I have a1985 250r that has a battery to run some halogen lights. I bought it that way and am still not sure if I'm gonna keep the battery set up. The halogen lights are really not that good but I have a pair of rigid industries led lights. So here's my question. The 250r runs on ac and led runs on dc. My battery is obviously dc but I have ac up at the lights so the LedS don't work. I've tried. Should I run a switch separately off the battery? Or is there another way of going about it? Also I was considering fabbing something so I could put the LEDs in my headlight housing. They would be a perfect fit my headlight lens is broken anyway. And I'm not sure how it would look. Any thoughts on that? Thanks

tri again
01-27-2014, 04:42 AM
Lots of good new info esp led lights.

maybe try the search key for headlights or led lights.
Good info on regulators and batteries where they didn't exist.

Welcome and see if you can click on:
service manual

PLEASE let us know what you did to get it to work or someone will surely chime in with pix and suggestions
that actually work

Thanks

Unleashed1
01-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Ok so after reading, rereading, wiring, rewiring, and losing sleep over it it turns out I'm an idiot and had a wire hooked up wrong. Thanks Tri again for the response. I'll post some pics up of it when I'm done.

Tomcall
01-28-2014, 03:14 AM
I have two atc 70's, no battery. I run led tail lights and it works. Now I have to say that I have read that the trike can produce some pretty high volts with hi rpm's and can blow out the led lights. I've read that the correct way is to have a battery and regulator.
Actually, on the one atc70 I think I blew out half of the tail light, I suspect because of this..............

Bucksmith02
01-28-2014, 10:13 AM
You can run a regulator without a battery. I have one on my YTM 200 and the stator will push too much current with RPMs if the regulator isn't working correctly. Up to 18 volts im told

jb2wheels
01-31-2014, 12:17 PM
How is the battery wired up now? Is it just a total loss system used for running lights?