PDA

View Full Version : New to the 3wheelerworld forum

72olds442
01-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Hello all,
My name is Dennis and I just recently purchased a Honda 250SX and am looking at another one. I came across this forum by a Google search, seems to be one of the best ones. I'm currently looking for some parts for the SX, head light plastic and light, the dash piece that is around the key, and the left hand brake lever and reverse set up. I'm not in a big hurry, but any leads would be appreciated. I used to ride a Honda 110 and 250SX in my youth, kind of looking forward to getting the SX in good shape to do some trail riding. I'll try to post some pictures of the beast when the weather breaks, it's stashed away for the time being. Thanks

jayjay05stsc
01-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Ebay has parts ...I just joined also ..there is tons of info ..just search it ...have to wait to see classifieds and have x amount of posts

MattDragontamer
01-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the madness!

You can find parts here and there... One main place is ebay.
The 250sx is a good choice. The best of sport and offroading put together.

Key words to use are

Atc 250
Atc 250sx
Honda atc 250

Some parts are interchangable with the 250es.

72olds442
01-27-2014, 09:44 PM
I've been scouring Ebay as well, no one bids on the headlight assemblies and people still want a small fortune for them. I was hoping to find more realistic prices or even a complete parts trike in my neck of the woods. Thanks for the replies. Dennis

Joseph Farrow
01-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Hey Dennis. Welcome to 3WW. Post some pic's of the 72 Olds 442. :naughty:

UPNATM
01-27-2014, 11:07 PM
:welcome: to the forum! For sure try and post up some pics when you can, I'm a huge sx fan.

72olds442
01-27-2014, 11:28 PM
Joseph Farrow wrote:
Hey Dennis. Welcome to 3WW. Post some pic's of the 72 Olds 442.

It's a work in progress, I've had it since 1989. Hope to have it back to the original orange late spring early summer. Haven't been on the road with it since 2007.

Joseph Farrow
01-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Awesome I like all GM A bodies. I have a friend who has an original Orange/White 72 442 vert.

72olds442
01-28-2014, 12:37 AM
Joseph Farrow wrote:

Awesome I like all GM A bodies. I have a friend who has an original Orange/White 72 442 vert.

This is how mine originally was, I'm doing dark metallic grey stripes instead of white. what a coincidence. :cool:

84trimoto125
01-28-2014, 02:04 AM
nice car, good luck finding parts

barnett468
01-28-2014, 06:37 AM
It's a work in progress, I've had it since 1989. Hope to have it back to the original orange late spring early summer. Haven't been on the road with it since 2007.Hello 70olds442;

If you need ANY info, parts or tech advice on the Olds or just want to talk to other Pontiac/Olds guys, I suggest you go to the site below. It’s a big site and is very active, I am also there a lot.

HTTP://HIGHPERFORMANCEPONTIAC.COM

I love the 442’s, had a few including a W30 and 70 455 convert.

I’ll send you a private message explaining the sign in and posting process. It’s a little goofy but it just takes a minute before you are on and posting.

barnett468
01-28-2014, 06:58 AM
I'm currently looking for some parts for the SX, head light plastic and light, the dash piece that is around the key, and the left hand brake lever and reverse set up. ...any leads would be appreciated.Below are the three biggest "new old stock" parts dealers in the world.

most parts, most expensive, prices are in british pounds.

http://cmsnl.com

a bit pricey

http://xtremeusa.com

cheapest

http://partzilla.com

big atc/motorcycle salvage yard

http://grimcyclesalvage.com

3ww member jeswinehart has and makes many parts, send him a private message with your request.

hoosierlogger
01-28-2014, 08:42 AM
Welcome from a former Battle Creek resident. Jensenracing77 is another olds nut.

wonderboy
01-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Hey Olds!

Welcome to the site! I'm on the other side of the state from you (Livonia), but have some advice:

First, on e-bay, what you are noticing is that many people want a small fortune for parts. These are typically the "Buy-it-now" type of listing. These guys are fishing for somebody who just has to have their part right away and doesn't want to wait. When you search for any particular part, you can search only for "Auction" style listings. These will be much more reasonable, however, your number of hits will be significantly lower (and you have to wait and risk losing). But this is definitely the way to get parts for a better price. Realize that the big-time e-bay guys (most of the buy-it-nows) have taken into consideration the normal auction selling price of parts and then mark up accordingly for their buy-it-nows.

Second tip (big one for us Michiganders): If you need OEM parts that are still available, order from cyclepartsnation.com. This is the internet store front for M&M Powersports in Kalamazoo (Sprinkle road exit). The trick is that typically, these really cheap internet sites charge a ton for shipping. With cyclepartsnation, you have the option for "Local Pickup", so you pay zero shipping charges AND you get super low internet pricing. It is really silly, because you can go to the parts counter at the shop and order the same part and it costs significantly MORE than if you use their internet storefront.

Third (yes, straying more off-topic... sorry!): Keep a lookout in the "Rides and Events" section for our annual get-together at Bundy Hill. The Trike Circus is organized by Rich "Ditchmud" here on the boards. Bundy Hill (google them) is in Jerome MI (near Jackson) and is a really great place to ride. You'll meet a ton of forum members at this event from all over the midwest and Canada. Being in Battle Creek it should be a very short drive for you (figure within an hour or hour and a half).

I agree that the 250SX is just an all-around great machine. You won't be disappointed with it.

72olds442
01-28-2014, 09:26 PM
wonderboy,

I've been to Bundy Hill a few times with my Jeep Cherokee. I would love to go riding on the 250 there sometime. Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice on finding parts, and the compliments on the car. Dennis

MonroeMike
01-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the site.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/126168-ATC250-(es-sx)-amp-TRX250-Service-Data

dmfaulks85
01-29-2014, 04:35 AM
Welcome! Good luck with the sx

Ytm_225dx
01-29-2014, 12:00 PM
Hey there new member I'm fairly new to the site but been on here times before but if your looking for some honda parts I might be able to help. I have yamahas but I know a guy that has some honda parts if ever needed

UPNATM
01-29-2014, 12:13 PM
Hello all,
I'm currently looking for some parts for the SX, the left hand brake lever and reverse set up. Thanks

I have an extra. Pm me if your interested.

pat b
02-02-2014, 01:54 PM
hey new to the board...have a mint 250sx I picked up a few months ago. Everything is original except fluids. Tires are still the original but they are coming off. Picked up a set of 9" rims for the back and a 10 for the front. Putting bearclaws all the way around. Found lots of info on here. So thanks for the info.