PDA

View Full Version : Import cars anyone??

YAMAHA_Jim
01-03-2004, 01:46 PM
Since a few of us are playing Need for Speed -Underground, I was wondering if anyone out there had a nice modded import with a killer paintjob.I want an eagle talon or mitsubishi eclipse but i dont have the $$ layin around to get involved in fast cars. i'll keep my stock 94 chevy p/u,it aint fast but it gets my atv's around.

3 weelin geezer
01-03-2004, 04:28 PM
I had a Yugo with a gas engine that actually ran on diesel once. Looked like I was doing a burnout all the way home. No, -I- didn't put the diesel in. A friend who didn't look at the pump just grabbed a nozzle and filled er up. Would that count? :D Oh, and it only had rusty spots on the tailgate. The rest was pretty shiny.

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-03-2004, 04:47 PM
well the only thing in my family is... My oldest brother has a 03 honda accord, and my other brother has a 01 honda civic

J.D.
01-03-2004, 05:19 PM
I prefer american muscle myself, but we do have a couple of imports, no killer paintjobs though. 1986 Toyota Van, 250,000 miles on it, engine or tranny never been rebuilt and still runs strong. 1991 Nissan truck, 180,000 miles, and it's starting to make some grinding noise occasionally when you let the clutch out. Good vehicles if you want reliability, IMO.

junjun01
01-03-2004, 09:27 PM
I had a Yugo with a gas engine that actually ran on diesel once. Looked like I was doing a burnout all the way home. No, -I- didn't put the diesel in. A friend who didn't look at the pump just grabbed a nozzle and filled er up. Would that count? :D Oh, and it only had rusty spots on the tailgate. The rest was pretty shiny.

Where Did You Find A Yugo??...They Are Hard To Find.
I Love Import Cars,I Don't Want To Start Anything,But I Think They Are More relievable Than Most American cars..Example : Dodge...If U See Smoke & Heard Ping Noises.. Better Believe Is A Caravan,Aries...Etc

bigred110
01-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Since a few of us are playing Need for Speed -Underground, I was wondering if anyone out there had a nice modded import with a killer paintjob.I want an eagle talon or mitsubishi eclipse but i dont have the $$ layin around to get involved in fast cars. i'll keep my stock 94 chevy p/u,it aint fast but it gets my atv's around.

If you get one of those better get the AWD turbo model, they freakin fast bone stock.

I know couple that has imports but they don't care making their car center of attention when cruising around, they get people's attention at the drag strip.

PowerTrike
01-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Where Did You Find A Yugo??...They Are Hard To Find.
I Love Import Cars,I Don't Want To Start Anything,But I Think They Are More relievable Than Most American cars..Example : Dodge...If U See Smoke & Heard Ping Noises.. Better Believe Is A Caravan,Aries...Etc

You got that right. Our ol 89 Caravan was the dorkiest POS ever. Valves got fauked up and she smoked like a chimney. I, believe it or not, did see a 1984 Dodge caravan (first year of the mini-van :rolleyes: ) on TV all "pimped out" with everything gold plated and hydrolics, spinners, and the works. :shock:

junjun01
01-03-2004, 10:18 PM
I Know Dodge From Personal Experiences :oops: ....friends Don't Let friends Buy Dodge

200x Basket
01-03-2004, 10:40 PM

when i think of fast cars i dont htink of imports :D but i do have a few fast cars.

TRI-Zbrian
01-03-2004, 11:19 PM
yeah when i think of a fast car i think of good old fasion AMERICAN MUSCLE in my opinion i can not stand riced out imports money for the same amount of money spent on a car you can get a v8 to put out a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro load more power. :D

Cheap250
01-04-2004, 01:09 PM
how were the heated rear windows on the yugos?????

Ace Mon
01-04-2004, 03:08 PM
I used to have a lowered VW jetta with bilsteen shocks and 3 spoke low pro rims , K&n intake and filetr and headder and exhaust . It was loud and peppy , but it was no 150 mph machine . I sold it to buy another import . A 1970 datsun 240 z . Its set up for a chevy 350 and a 6 speed tranny. Got the motor , in a week or so I'll have the tranny . I'll post some pic's when shes rolling . Shes clean with bilsteen shocks , New urathane bushings , toyota 4x4 truck brakes , hydraulic clutch , 3 piece wed's ultralight rims . dual remote oil filters , battery relocation kit and sooooo many more things that I cant name right now . And as for the dodge caravan you guys are slamming , I have one of those too ! Its a cargo van that I take the bike to the track in and the jetskii to the lake in .Yes its hoopty but well worth the 700 $ I threw down .

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-04-2004, 03:27 PM
hey ace... if you ever need any parts for that datsun give me a holler... theres one for parts outback in the field

ScottZJ
01-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Well I had a stupid fast Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo. It would smoke most anything on the road and it looked cool too. I put the 650 turbos, 720 injectors, Blitz blow off valves and so on.

kwit
01-04-2004, 07:56 PM
<<<3rd generation accord member.. i have and 89 accord (white and black) cherrybomb exhuast system/ intake/neons all around/'Rockford Fosgate 1200 watt system/ got the 12 valve 4 cilinder/ sum cheap cosmetic stuff too... fastest automatic around gates where i live

3 weelin geezer
01-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Well lets see, I got it from a guy in California for a measly $50 because I was makin fun of him lookin like Shaq in a teeny tiny clown car all hunched over. The rear window hater worked fine on it only had to use it once though. It mostly rained there. The radio was missing the numbers on it and it wouldn't carry a tune in a bucket. Here in El paso there are at least three. The one I had, a white one a lead footed young pizza delivery guy that is all crashed because of said pizzas MUST be delivered on time I guess, and one an old lady drives around.

200x Basket
01-04-2004, 10:40 PM
<<<3rd generation accord member.. i have and 89 accord (white and black) cherrybomb exhuast system/ intake/neons all around/'Rockford Fosgate 1200 watt system/ got the 12 valve 4 cilinder/ sum cheap cosmetic stuff too... fastest automatic around gates where i live

so you bought a fart can for an exhaust and added #200 worth of B.S. and you have a fast car?? :D :D :D :D

you better turn the fast N furious off because it is just more hollywood B.S. :D :D

do you have any "type R" sitckers :shock: :shock: that would add another 20 HP :D

200x Basket
01-04-2004, 10:49 PM
i guess i should post some of my stuff.
1. just sold a 67 chevy II that I ran a 8.51 @ 151mph in the 1/4 mile

2. build a 86 mustang last year for my GF. it ran a 7.36 @ 92mph in the 1/8th mile

3. this one is my car. it has a .030 over 351w with srp pistons, solid roller cam, edelbrock vic jr heads, vic jr intake, gary williams 750 carb, 3500 stall, C4 with a trans brake, 4 wheel disk brakes, wolfe race carft rear suspension, ebiach front suspension, 10 point cage, and lots of other stuff.

all this stuff is bought and being installed. i tore it all down to paint the car. the paint is 95 dodge viper red!!

Drivernumber22
01-05-2004, 12:03 AM
yeah when i think of a fast car i think of good old fasion AMERICAN MUSCLE in my opinion i can not stand riced out imports money for the same amount of money spent on a car you can get a v8 to put out a stuff load more power. :D

DITTO!

btw im a mopar freak

CAN YOU SAY HEMI!?!?!??!?

BigGreenMachine
01-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey Ace, I love those old Z cars, there was one in the road rally that came here and it was the best car there, IMO. Hope you get it done soon.

kwit
01-05-2004, 03:57 AM
hey 200xbasket :rolleyes: actually I do have R-racing stickers in the rear window...I think they give a little more then 20 mph tho any way there much better then a stock window :D but other then that I was just saying for an 89 she looks very good and im into that whole fast car thing.. even if mines not as fast as urz :rolleyes:

200x Basket
01-05-2004, 11:12 AM
hey 200xbasket :rolleyes: actually I do have R-racing stickers in the rear window...I think they give a little more then 20 mph tho any way there much better then a stock window :D but other then that I was just saying for an 89 she looks very good and im into that whole fast car thing.. even if mines not as fast as urz :rolleyes:

you are into the fast car LOOK. quit buying stickers and buy some real performance parts. imports are cool if they go fast and are not riced out with big fart cans, stickers for parts they dont have, and clear tail lights with neon glowing all over the place. that white Z in this thread is SWEET

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-05-2004, 12:08 PM
hahahaahaha.... i totally agree with basket here.... Ricer's suck, a little bit of rice aint bad, but its all gay unless you got somethin to back it up...the little flashy lights, and light up shifter knobs dont make it go faster :D :D

ScottZJ
01-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks Basket, that Z had around 518 RWHP before I sold it. It was stupid fast!
Hey off topic, you going to make a trip to Camp Clayborne? Check .org and see the post on the lounge...........peace

mitchj
01-05-2004, 02:25 PM
I have always believed in one saying when it comes to cars and thats simply theres no replacement for displacement

kwit
01-06-2004, 07:25 AM
speed or not ill but the sound system to any ones .. its worth more then the car actuallyand its still not done its even louder then my buddy with his kicker L7s.. i dont need speed to have fun with it... i can park and have a back massege with the bass

200x Basket
01-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks Basket, that Z had around 518 RWHP before I sold it. It was stupid fast!
Hey off topic, you going to make a trip to Camp Clayborne? Check .org and see the post on the lounge...........peace

did you have it dyno'd? i doubt i make any camp that stinky is at. :D

ScottZJ
01-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Yeah that was Dynoed at Daves HondaHaven in Memphis, dynoed it at 18 and 20psi. I sold it a few years ago because it had high mileage and high horsepower. So I figured the engine or tranny would go soon and didnt want to spend the cash to keep it going. PLus I started rock crawling with my Jeep more and needed a tow rig.

200xer
01-06-2004, 01:10 PM
The funny thing about the Caravan is that they have had mitsubishi motors in them for a while now. A lot of Chrylser crap has foreign motors.

phreakboy
12-04-2005, 10:53 AM
I Know Dodge From Personal Experiences :oops: ....friends Don't Let friends Buy Dodge

except for the fact that Chevys rust and Fords break down and dodge is there to pull them around. There is no Replacement for displacement.
And my favorite thing is I drive an 04 Hemi truck and I can smoke basically every **** honda that pulls up next to me, I have had everything from **** hondas to crap lancers and stupid subbies and yet none can take my STOCK truck, stupid little kids like to put there mufflers that are bigger than coffee cans on their hondas and think that that makes it a fully custom 8 inch exhaust, then they add shitty ricer wings that do nothing but had freaking weight and the height and angles of them would create more lift than downforce. Then they throw on the pimped out 20's and think that it helps for speed when in reality it requires more torque to take off now and since they way more there is more rotating mass for crappier acceleration. And anyone that says hondas rev faster because their imports is a *******, and they are probably comparing a honda 4 cyl to a american 8 cyl, which if you have half a brain you can figure out that 8 cyl is more mass there for it wont rev quite as fast and has a lower redline however it can also pull the power without breaking a sweat so the little honda fags go out and put their Cold air intake and the muffler and think that they have a rocket ship now when in reality they have a car that is dirt slow and will soon need a motor due to sucking in water in their intake that is 2 inches off the ground. However for me thats great because I make my living off of stupid little kids and their parents wallets.

Rm250RF900R
12-04-2005, 11:29 AM
My uncle had a sweeet 1994 Eagle talon TSI awd turbo with a stick shift. That thing was a blast. We took an off ramp on the highway doing about 80mph and it just stuck on the road. The car was so small and light. Funny thing was it was all stock and it still blew the doors off most cars around here. It was really nice until the idiots put it on the dyno when he was getting it registered and trashed the awd system.They wouldn't even replace it for him so he had to buy a new transfer case at a junk yard for a lot of $$$$.. Fricking idiots!

Dammit!
12-04-2005, 11:43 AM
I used to have a '97 Eclipse GST. Fun car. 210hp and still good on gas. I miss it.

Derrick Adams
12-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Here's a Grand Am I did for a customer last year. Not an import but still nice.
We ran 15.40's with this one.

Here's a shot of my 240sx I traded for my Z.

03 ORANGE SHEE
12-04-2005, 04:16 PM
talk about bringing up an ol' post,
nice rides!:beer

3 weelin geezer
12-04-2005, 10:43 PM
:welcome: Ya, its almost as old as my 185s! Is so old I forgot all about it.:idea:

short4stuff
12-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I own a 90 integra o she's "modded" alright lol
It's getting old, so rust formed, remove the rust and ad fiberglass instant weight reduction lol, also have some of the primer racin stripes, god I love rice.
I'm runnin on steelies too, yeah haaa lol.

But really though seems like an alright car, needs some body and floor work, the head gasket was blown so replaced that along with some rims. I think I am getting the body and floor work done this weekend, and then will probably have it painted after the winter.
Needs some work, needs to pass saftey at the end of the month http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif

No pics right now