PDA

View Full Version : 250R-350x wheels/tires

getnosty
01-31-2014, 02:38 PM
I have an original 1985 350x that i ride a few times a week. it still wears its original tires, which are getting low on tread, and are dry cracked. i am looking for an original front tire either new or lightly used. The back tires I am a little flexilbe. Can anyone help where to find a new/lightly used factory front tire and some good rear tires? thanks in advance.

RIDE-RED 250r
01-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Hey there and welcome. :)

If you really have to have an OEM front tire, be prepared to pay a premium. They are out of production and prices have been reflecting that. If you are looking to spend more of a normal amount, I would highly recommend a Kenda Front Max. I have one on one of 250r's and the steering bite is un-paralleled in my opinion. And they can be had for about $60 each from most online parts sources.

As to the rear, it really comes down to your personal preference and riding style. There is an almost endless selection of suitable rear tires for your X. DO you want to stay with 22" round profile? Or perhaps get some 20" flat profiles like Holeshots on there and make that trike handle the way it should? The choice, ant there are many, is up to you.

I am about to try a set of Holeshot GNCC's in 20" on my big bore 250r this year. From what I hear, I expect to be quite pleased....