PDA

View Full Version : Honda atc 110 stuck in neutral

Mecsey33
02-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Hello everyone, I came across an old 82 110 that has been sitting for a very long time. I cleaned out the carburetor and got it running real good but can't get it to shift out of neutral. It seems to shift nice through gears and the plastic neutral indicator even moves when shifting through gears but when im in gear and I accelerate it just sounds like its in neutral. No clunking and rear wheels spin free so not locked up. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

webbch
02-01-2014, 08:57 PM
...and it's not missing the chain, right? (LOL). Is the Hi/Lo gearbox engaged? I'd try it out in Lo range myself. Normally have to rock it a bit to get it to go into Hi or Lo.

You seem to be able to shift through the gears with the shifter, but it doesn't move, have you verified that the wheels do NOT spin freely when not in neutral? If so, and the above items have been checked (Especially hi/lo engagement), then I'd be looking at the centrifugal clutch (right side cover). Time to get a manual for it.

Mecsey33
02-01-2014, 09:52 PM
That was exactly it! I didn't even know it had a hi/lo switch and it wasn't all the way over to hi but now it's engaged and driving! Thank you