PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from the north

renegade84
02-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Hey everyone, New to the site. i recently purchased 2 1986 honda atc 350x's one of them is basically a parts bike, the frame has been broke and splinted back together, the plastics are shot, but i can ride it around the yard. the other was someone else's project before i purchased them, the motor was blown from a poor build im guessing, its in peices in a box, as norm the original plastic is cracked and broke in places, has the original seat that is in really good shape, and the frame looks like it has about a summers worth of riding on it, its pretty tight all around.. gonna spend the rest of the winter fixxin it up, swap the running motor over and give it a good cleaning.etc..

now comes my first question, where on earth does a person find plastics in canada,, found lots in the states but i dont wanna double the price with shipping?
also i was thinking of a swing arm extension, i will have the extra swing arm when im done, to fab one if needed, but id rather buy one thats got some structure to it..

Thanks for your time !

Edwin

tri again
02-03-2014, 06:10 AM
Hi Edwin,

My daughter lives in BC but her trikes are with me.

Glad you found a runner.
Try the search key for, maybe simply 350x as I'm sure you'll have fun reading anything about it.
try clicking on:
service manual

it may also have service updates.

I think plastics are often saved by luggage racks but never seen one for a 350.

Where to get some?
Wish I knew but someone surely does.

JasonB
02-03-2014, 10:33 AM
welcome to the boards, there's a handful of other trikers up north that should be able to help you out on parts and where to find them

dougspcs
02-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Being from north of the border and having the good fortune to live right on the border has been a real savior over the years..

Besides a few misc hardparts and dealer items I've always used the US supply..especially on plastics!!

Nothing that I know of in Canada can get close to the south of the border suppliers..sorry to rain on you 'renegade' and good luck with your Canadian search!

Found this outfit in Quebec..they show listing for most of the ATCs, but no pricing. They probably want to scare you by phone in person!!

http://www.splashndirt.com/pages/en/

lokisbuddy
02-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the last forum you will ever need :)

Daniel86
02-04-2014, 03:11 AM
Hello and welcome to site from middle Tennessee!!:pics:

YTZ drew
02-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Welcome aboard, and good luck with the re-build! At least there's one good thing about a long winter- plenty of time to work on projects!

King Trikester
02-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Welcome what part of bc are you in it sounds like chetwynd or something. I live in fort St. John. How the **** did you manage to find a 350x around these parts? Consider yourself lucky, they are slim picking and prices are retarded.

To answer the question about 350x plastic, you are S.O.L when it comes to buying "new" or from a store, unless you get lucky and find something on kijiji or any kind of privates sale, chances of that are probably less than being hit by lightning.

dirtydeeds
02-10-2014, 11:25 PM
I just got new plastics for my 350X. Rear fender was 180, gas tank was 200, got some bigger air scoops to go with it for about 30 and the front fender was almost 70. The only thing that I haven't been able to source is something close to the factory headlamp mask. Lots of fancy aftermarket LED ones available though.
I got it all from amazon.com.
Amazon doesn't have everything all the time. Just watch and something will show up.

I believe an 86 350X uses the same swing arm as an EX400 quad. I think there are longer, aftermarket swing arms for them. See what Google comes up with.

I have some ideas for your parts trike. It could be reborn as something beyond awesome. There was a (Polaris) ktm525 quad for sale for a great price close to me. It's screaming for a trike front end.

Tri z250
02-11-2014, 12:35 AM
Welcome and wow can't believe you found those trikes in bc they sure are expensive and hard to find around here

coolpool
02-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the site! Do you ever head south for a winter vacation? It's only $20 for excess baggage as long as it's under 50lbs. And there's mil depots you can send it to; or to a fellow member if close enough. I've done both with great results.

renegade84
02-16-2014, 06:29 PM
Yeah i live in Chetwynd ! lol They came up for sale from a guy in town, had to pick em up for the price he was asking ! I did find plastics, shipped from the US but reasonable rates !

renegade84
02-17-2014, 12:05 AM

What ive got done so far, motor swapped to this frame, just waiting for the rear plastic to come in !! not super clean, but im gonna ride the hell out of it !!!

Nason
03-04-2014, 01:35 AM
Looks pretty decent! I found one in New Brunswick where I am. A military guy brought it from Alberta. Needs a lot more then yours I believe. Luckily I am close to the border for parts

Nason
03-04-2014, 01:37 AM
If your looking at getting a little more out of her you might want to look into a 400ex carb. It sure woke mine up. Now I need an exhaust though

King Trikester
03-05-2014, 02:07 AM
Yeah i live in Chetwynd ! lol They came up for sale from a guy in town, had to pick em up for the price he was asking ! I did find plastics, shipped from the US but reasonable rates !

I posted that question on the 8th of feb, looking back through this thread I have no idea how I guessed that you live in chetwynd, weird.

If I ever get an x or even an r we will have to get together and go for a rip. I plan on getting a 350x soon, money is not the problem it's finding one. Keep your eyes peeled for me. Either way im sure my 250sx would like to ride beside a 350x.

King Trikester
03-05-2014, 02:12 AM
Oh, I just got any idea, sell me your parts bike I will fix it up, I'm freekin desperate here you lucky sob. Did I mention that I'm jealous?

How much did you pay for the pair if you don't mind me asking? If I had to guess I would say 2000$ minimum, if its around there you did great.

skjr001
03-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Nice looking 350x! Welcome to the forum!

renegade84
03-14-2014, 09:44 AM
King trikester, Im probably gonna sell this beast, just traded off my truck and dont have any way to haul it around, was thinkin of keepin it to ride the dunes on may long in hudson hope, but the renegade 1000 is just as fun out there. let me know if your interested in buying it, there is an add on kijiji dawson/fsj/grande prairie, shoot me an email, maybe make a deal !!

King Trikester
03-17-2014, 04:15 PM
i forgot about this thread, pm sent