PDA

View Full Version : Thanks guys, now Mickey Dunlap is DONE...........

Dirtcrasher
02-07-2014, 03:33 AM
Argue it all you want but I believe we lost him. Thanks to the people that brought this down.

Once in a lifetime chance and now DONE........

Mosh
02-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Look. I think he is/was a nice guy and all and I dont think he hurt this place in anyway.
In the same breath he also appeared to kindle his own dissatisfactions and even fed them at times.
When he said he would show up at a race to do a meet and greet for Regina to help her garner some participants then renigged because of one guy razzing his feathers , IMO that really probably made people question his convictions. I am not saying he is any less of a person for it, but when people look up to you for historical value it is easy to loose that respect. Remember Ronnie always said ( getting to the top is easier than staying there). That may be another's quote but Yamahondaman always preached it.

Now having said that the way he left was poor. Bkm likened it to taking the ball and going home. That is true. I used to think that was the cool way to leave a forum. But I have seen so many people do that and really no one really gives a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. Sure they like the drama of it but if anyone thinks 500 people are gonna beg an cry for anyone to stay that is nuts and maybe even borderline narcissistic.
Add to that the going back through and deleting posts and editing every post back just dots............

Where have we all seen that behavior from and what is their general view from others? It even prompted the other forum to take all user edits away.

Barnett has put up with way more...he is still here. Look at what I have put up, with as well as Billy over the years. Nutjobs threatning people and calling them derogatory names,people putting down other peoples stuff or accomplishments. Sprock got run the hell outta here Aussieduner Seadoo650 , and many others. Whether deserved or not many of them never put up an I quit thread. They just left.
Even you Steve and Fabio and Howdy have put up with far worse for far longer of a time.
I think some people want to get on these forums and live some hero thing out or need some type of attentional fix for whatever self confidence they may be lacking. I understand that. I dont condone it. But we all want to feel well liked and respected. In a perfect world we all would be. But that is not how it is. People hate me , people dislike you or vice versa or people love me and you being around, people love haters and trouble makers and people leave over haters and trouble makers.
But to blow up and storm out the room all for a thread being moved is not going get many people tugging on your bell bottoms running out the door. But its strange to see how some have flown out of here in a barrage of f bombs and unrivaled temper tantrums still have so many followers.
While those that remain quiet and left seem to be the ones that went through the most persecution.

fabiodriven
02-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Steve I'm going to tell you right off the bat, you missed a lot. I'm going to say right now, this thread is not necessary and is probably only going to cause problems. Since it is here though, I will answer.

Steve, I am the supposed "cause" of the great Mickey Dunlap's demise on this site. You know what I did to cause that? I'll explain. Mickey had posted some yahoo thread about the super bowl in Trikesylvania. I saw the thread and right off the bat it was obvious it had been posted in the wrong place. It should have been posted in the open forum, fair and square. I told Mickey in the thread, with a slightly sarcastic tone, that he posted it in the wrong place. I was not out of line, but rather very slightly rude just to get my point across. I am a 3 wheeler enthusiast who doesn't like sports and I don't want to see threads about football in Trikesylvania. A mere correction turned Mickey into a child. God forbid I correct him, who am I to do such a thing? You know who I am? I am a member of this forum, no better than anyone else, and neither is he. This is something that Mickey never understood. The whole time he was here I watched him glom off of his fame as if he were better than some people. People here kissed his arse and he loved it, and here you are perpetuating the man's vanity even further. He talked about Trikefest as if we were some podunk hicks, which we kind of are but that's not the point. He'd throw out teasers as if he was going to show up like we should all be so thankful, but he'd never say he wanted to go. He wanted us to beg him to go. You know what? Fawk that! Trikefest has gotten along just fine without him and will in the future. The man's arrogance was his own downfall. He got angry at me for very simply correcting him and then continued to type replies to me IN CAPS to express how upset he was while telling me to calm down. I was very calm and that was clear to see. It was also clear to see he was not. He told me to grow up when again, in black and white, he was clearly acting like a child. Steve I told the man he posted his thread in the wrong forum and he blew up to the point that he left here. And you miss this man? What has he done on this site other than fan his ego? He had his little buddies who are new to this site (and life in general) backing him up with their nonsense and inexperience, but as long as they were on his side he was glad to have them. Steve I just literally had the same problem days prior with kids. Kids that were acting like kids, albeit kids a lot younger than they were, but Mickey is not a kid. He is supposed to be a man. Maybe he acts like one in person, but he certainly did not act like one in this case. He called us stupid Steve. He said there are too many stupid people on this site. Like a child calling someone a doody head. That was his explanation. There was no way he could explain what his reasons were why he was leaving, he would be far too embarrassed and would inevitably have to admit he was being childish in order to face the facts. So his reason? He's leaving here because we're all stupid. It literally sounds like something a 4th grader would say.

I was glad this was handled the way it was and I was proud to see my community share the same views as I. Steve you missed a lot, the thread is gone. I can't show you what transpired but I can assure you that he was out of line and he insulted your best friend and was acting like a child. All the while he was calling me the child. Many, many times in my life I've been told to grow up or I'm immature, and almost every time those words are coming from those who are projecting. 9 times out of 10 they are the ones that need to grow up, but it's the first thing that comes to their mind.

Mickey had a sense of entitlement that fanned the flames of his downfall. One simple correction did not deserve such a response. I was right and he was wrong and he couldn't handle that. I never gave the man the time of day, yet other members would laugh at bad jokes, kiss his arse, and only serve to prop him up higher on his pedestal. All for what? Because he raced trikes? Well whoop-de-do. You know who else races trikes? Raffa and threewheeledroofer and TimSr and many, many others. They do it a lot actually, probably more than Mickey ever did and possibly better. What did he do for you that you miss so much? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he did provide some useful knowledge, but I never saw anything he had to say because I never paid him any mind. That was because of the way he came off to me and that in no way is my fault.

Mickey Dunlap
02-07-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm glad you guys think you know me so well,but you are so wrong. This is the problem with the internet,you make judgments with only a small amount of information.No one can fully understand someone until they have been around them and communicated with them face to face,that's my reason for going to Trike Fest. So what you think you know about me is not correct,those that meet me in person after thinking they know me from the net say I am totally different then the way they thought.

As soon as this popped up I had 3 e-mails from members telling me about it. I don't want to have to come on here every time someone wants to bad mouth me. I have been through this a few times, that's why I deleted my posts. What happen is some people think it's great sport to go back over old posts and pick out something to bad mouth me about,and since you never know what they will dig up I deleted the possibility of them being able to do that. I can't control what people will do,I don't know their motives,that's just what people do. I could judge you just like you judge me,maybe it's your low self image and you feel better when you tear others down,maybe you are jealous of what I have done in the sport,I don't really know,but I have seen all this before and I know what to do when it starts.I can just go on to other things I have a passion about,I don't have to be here. This was not about being wrong about posting in the wrong place,IT WASN'T a big deal and that was the point. It was something small and stupid to even care about,but someone wanted to prove he was right. He was right,who cares! I posted it as a joke,I guess you can't joke in some parts of the forum? The thing is once this stuff starts it snow balls,just like I told the mods about.As soon as I was out the door it started before the post was deleted . Everyone that has something they don't like about you comes out of the wood work to dog pile,I don't have to put up with that. This was my sport long before this forum,this is my life passion. I have been racing and building motors most of my life,I have did more in the sport then anyone on here. Yes that can come off bad to some,but it's a fact, and I'm not going to be disrespected,I have earned some respect. You don't have people on here like me, I tried to bring something here that no one else could. I was working on getting DVD's done about trike fest or the 3 wheel world as a whole, and getting the magazines to do stuff with the 3 wheelers again,that is what I do,that's why I have sponsors that pay me to promote their products. I do it because that's my God given gift. Putting things together to get a trike museum together at one of the members farm,and some other projects. It's not about me or my need for attention,but it brings attention to me,that's just what happens, I can't help that I'm out in the public eye. I don't need to be on here,I have a good business and other things I enjoy,I don't enjoy fighting on the net over stupid stuff. If it's not fun and it's going to cause problems,I'm out of here.Why would someone stay?

I would like to ask that this be locked,it's not good for the sport and it's not good for your forum.

Thank you.

fabiodriven
02-07-2014, 10:59 AM
I thought you were gone? Quick guys, act normal. Say there Mickey, so, er, how's things?

DohcBikes
02-07-2014, 11:11 AM
,I have did more in the sport then anyone on here. Yes that can come off bad to some,but it's a fact

Well there's your problem right there.