PDA

View Full Version : tri z vs 350x

tri z maddness
02-09-2014, 07:08 PM
tri z vs 350

can anyone tell me which one is more high maintance.
which one i can beef crazy fast.
and which one you would rather have

dougspcs
02-09-2014, 08:33 PM
This discussion has been passed around more than a few times..but of course us Honda fans usually talk 250r VS 350x.

But just the same the two stroke vs four stroke discussion is fundamentally the same.

Of course the 2 strokes are more racing bred and many more performance enhancements exist for them than the four stroke.

The 2 stroke is of course for the true adrenaline junky..they love to scream. They're power in is the higher RPM range which gives them an almost twitchy switch when the throttle is opened..their high revving, hard working power plant takes more attention to tuning, requires more care and feeding, and is more prone to self-distructive failure.

I personally prefer the relatively even power band of the four stroke, it's tame enough to trail cruise with the kids on slower machines..but when you need the rush has the power behind it to give a pretty decent thrill. The drivetrain is typically more reliable due to much of it's power being in the low RPM ranges, therefore the operator isn't constantly bouncing against the redline. They are more easily tuned and maintained there for they last longer with less rebuilding needed.

My opinion is the 350X is the winner due to it's more versatile design and application.

This is all strictly opinion of course..I'm sure you'll hear others that differ greatly.

RIDE-RED 250r
02-09-2014, 08:47 PM
He DID say Tri-Z vs 350x.... So that being said I agree Doug! LOL! Boy am I going to get hammered from the Yammy fans for that! LOL!

But seriously, Doug has taken the time to sum up nicely the basic differences between the 350x and any of the big 3 2-stroke 250s. I concur. :)

But I will say, if you want to build a heavily modded 2-stroke, there is significantly more aftermarket support for the Honda 250r over the Tri-Z. However, there are some new/old resurrected go fast goodies coming back for the Tri-Z from Klemm. But even with that, your choices are these for exhaust for the Tri-Z: 1-New DG, 2-old-school-cool stuff, 3-custom.

But if you want to stick with the thumper, there are some pretty cool engine mods you can do to a 350x too. But you need to realize, there is a fair bit more in expense to doing a complete build up on a 350x with valvetrain refurbish/upgrading to do a big bore.

tri z maddness
02-09-2014, 09:09 PM
thanks you the more infor i get the better i understand

tri z maddness
02-09-2014, 09:21 PM
i know the two stroke is balls to the wall off the line but a stock 4 stroke keep up. i love the power of the 2 stroke but i cant find a two stroke 250r that someone will trade. they want to much so i have to go to the 4 stroke

RIDE-RED 250r
02-09-2014, 09:37 PM
All variables equal, a stock 250r will beat a stock 350x from start to finish... period. Same goes for modded specimens.

In my area, 350x's go for about the same money as a 3rd gen R.

dougspcs
02-09-2014, 11:09 PM
All I have to say is, if there is a 350X near you for a reasonable price BUY IT!

Even if you decide your adrenalin needs aren't being met you could resell it, likely for a profit.

I'm happy I own one, because I wouldn't want to pay the dollar that is being asked for them now..

Tri z250
02-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Kind of off topic but my stock tri z 250 beat a brand new fuel injected raptor 700 4 out of 6 passes

Googlieeyes2990
02-16-2014, 05:04 AM
For being high maintenance I would say the tri z over the 350x. The 350x is air/oil cooled and is practically bullet proof. And my experience with 2 stroke motors is you have to rebuild them more often, and with it being water cooled you always got to be on alert to make sure you water pump is working otherwise its by by motor.
For being crazy fast I would go with the tri z hands down. Not even a competition by my experience.
And for which one I would have would be the tri z if its a good deal, but would pay more for the 350x simply because I am a Honda guy. And would take a Honda 250r over a tri z personally. But a tri z is still a trike and that makes it a good bike in my book.

Jwmajic
02-17-2014, 11:30 AM
I like the 350 better in the really muddy trails we got around here because how even the power is But I like the tri Z when I want to run wide open. It's an apples to oranges comparison but for an everyday rider the 350 is better.

DohcBikes
02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
I would go with a 350x personally. Really there isn't a single reason I wouldn't.

The only thing the tri-z has on the X is pure speed, and that can be taken care of easily. The 350x can be built to be downright scary fast.

I don't know what ya'll are paying for tri-z's where you are, but I can't find ANY here when I look for them, and I can find almost any trike I want in Arizona. When you do find them, they're ALWAYS overpriced, and there is always a 350x for sale that would be a better deal.

RIDE-RED 250r
02-17-2014, 10:10 PM
I would go with a 350x personally. Really there isn't a single reason I wouldn't.

The only thing the tri-z has on the X is pure speed, and that can be taken care of easily. The 350x can be built to be downright scary fast.

I don't know what ya'll are paying for tri-z's where you are, but I can't find ANY here when I look for them, and I can find almost any trike I want in Arizona. When you do find them, they're ALWAYS overpriced, and there is always a 350x for sale that would be a better deal.

Um, don't be so sure. For the same money I can build a much scarier fast R. I can tell you that based on experience... You should ride my ESR 350r!

All in good ribbin' fun of course.. ;)