PDA

View Full Version : What to do with 1972 ATC90?

Three Wheels
02-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Hey guys, I just picked up this ATC90 yesterday. I don't know much about these but I knew by the wheels is was old so I jumped on it. Now I'm not sure what to do, part it out or sell it? I like mid 80's trikes more so than this so I have no interest in restoring it. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Notice how it has green under the red? I'm guessing it started life as lime green, did the dealers paint them?

RDH/86200X
02-10-2014, 05:35 PM
That sir is a us90 and if you part it out I might be interested in the front fender. I need a metal fender for my project 90.

kb0nly
02-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Thats kind of a shame, someone took a Green US90 and repainted it to make it look like a red ATC90. Your VIN and sticker pics show its a US90. The balloon tires are shot but thats not uncommon. Doubt a dealer painted it, most likely someone else did it. Don't part it out there is so few of them complete anymore, i would sell it to someone that wants to restore it.

coolpool
02-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Boy she needs some loving. Hope you didn't drop a whole bunch of coin on it. It's fixable but the expensive parts (tires, seat, exhaust?) obviously need replacing. As for the paint question, I actually have a part on my blue US90 that shows parrot green through a scratch. I was told that if a trike was ordered one color and partially built that the factory would repaint parts to fill the order. As your VIN date indicates 12/12, this may have been one of the last made in 73 before the 74 model came out. Maybe it was repainted to satisfy a late red order (the only two colors offered on the 72/73 models). If it was they didn't do a very good job. Just a thought?