PDA

View Full Version : I went deep sea fishing for the first time today...

3WheelHouston
10-06-2002, 01:10 AM
I went with a group of about 60 men from the church and we did quite well. The whole boat maxed out on red snapper, including the crew, who were not even fishing. I had four nice ones and a trigger fish, which I am told is really good eating. But that thing was the devil to try to clean! it's bony, and the skin/scales is harder and rougher than shark skin and stretchy and slimy like a catfish. I just ended up skinning the thing by cutting off the head and peeling. That skin was so tough that my knife wouldn't even cut through it. I had to go through the backside and cut out from the inside. Talk about a job! Hahaha that last sentence sounds like something Mr. ATC would say in a story about his imaginary strip club. lol j/k man

Howdy
10-06-2002, 01:17 AM
I bet that was fun. Glad to hear you caught some fish. When is the fish fry??? lol

3WheelHouston
10-06-2002, 02:29 AM
It's whenever you guys drive your lazy asses down to Texas so we can have a trikefest here. :-P

lushatc200x
10-07-2002, 06:16 AM
me and my daddy went shark fishing and we had a blast. i didnt catch 1 but my dad did. it was huge and. i had a severe sunburn and i was hurting bad lol. its the only fishing for me and u otta try flounder fishing. u would love it too. peace

Tri-Z_Jim
10-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Where did you go fishing? I went 50 miles off shore from NY city.We only fished for bluefish and tuna.60 guys on the same boat must be crowded.