PDA

View Full Version : 200X brake issue solved!! And great bleeding technique used!!!

ATC90JAY
02-11-2014, 01:53 AM
!! The pads were fine..Everytime I tightened the caliper bolts it would pull the outside pad tight against the disk causing the wheel to spin hard....I put a washer on each of the caliper bolts seemed to fix the issue fine the wheel spins good still a slight tension but just seems to be because of the new pads....Brake working good.!! I watched a youtube bleeding vid and it worked fast and great! You put a clear line about 6" on the bleeder wire tie it so it is straight up.. open it and the reservoir cover pump away pressure started to build after 4 to 6 pumps of the hand lever...then bleed the regular way to get any air out...

barnett468
02-11-2014, 02:13 AM
Hi,

the pads are too thick as i mentioned to you on chat yesterday. when you tighten the bolts the pad on the inside of the disc forces that piston to compress to 0 and because the pad is too thick the tighter you make the bolts, the more force it puts on the disc.

yes the washers can correct the problem but it is not the proper way to fix it. if the pad drags enuogh, it will heat the disc and the brake performance will then be reduced.

i would install the correct pads as i suggested.

ATC90JAY
02-11-2014, 02:28 AM
Thats what figured after you said the pads were to thick...I will order the correct pads...These will do for a few weeks of snow riding....Did you see my 250R post This is something you might know...Thanks again man....

barnett468
02-11-2014, 04:20 AM
Your welcome, I'll also gladly look at your other post tomorrow. Feel free to pm or chat me to remind me.

dougspcs
02-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Had a similar issue putting rear shoes on a 200s..cheap aftermarket shoes were so thick I had to grinder material off them as the drum wouldn't slide on..I know others in here have had this too.

Aftermarket parts are a joke sometimes..

We all gotta face the learning curve along the way!