PDA

View Full Version : kx250 trike conversion?

zx10crazy
02-16-2014, 06:35 PM
So I just picked up a kx 250 for 400$ I wanted to build a125 trike but the price seemed to good to pass up I've heard people say dirtbike frame trikes aren't very good when it comes to handling bit I really want to try and do it has anyone tried this with a kx and been successful? I figure it like this if it doesn't work I'm not out a lot of money one big unanswered question that keeps coming to mind is can I use the usd forks the bike came with or are they going to be way too long? I have a good machine shop I'm going to have do the triples for me in his spare time but don't know weather I should start looking for other forks for the project? Also need to find a swinger any ideas what may work?

roll on 3
02-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Funny thing I was going to buy that bike this weekend, does it run. I like that year style. its to nice to butcher you should find another one 89-95 had about the worst performance of all liquid kx250.

Googlieeyes2990
02-19-2014, 09:28 PM
My buddy just built a trike out of a cr500 and for what he wanted the forks were to long and he also had to chop and lower the seat otherwise it you sit to high and it makes the trike top heavy. As far as the swing arm goes I would take some measurements and then as around about ones that would fit those measurements. My buddy ended up just building his own. Oh and nice find man! I would have picked it up in a heart beat!

zx10crazy
02-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the tips i'm going to do some more research before I tear into on the swinger and front end and I thought about the seat back sitting so high up I think if I do it and when I get that far I'll cut down the sub frame and chop the seat to give it a shorter ride height I think it would be a fairly cheap and fun project that could always be turned back to 2 wheels if things don't come out right on the handling end of it