PDA

View Full Version : Not so nice surprise when I got home from work.

briano
02-21-2014, 09:31 PM
When we moved to our house about three years ago I bought one of those garage in the boxes. So far it's been great and I planned on replacing the top tarp this summer. Well now I need more than a tarp, the damned thing caved in today!!!! I've been good at keeping the snow off of it but last night and today we had some extremely wet and heavy snow and it couldn't handle the weight. I kept my Grizzly with tracks and a plow in there along with my wife's honda rancher, 3 atv 70s, my new grill and a few other odds and ends. So far the damage that I can see is my Grizz gas tank cover is creased and my new seat cover is ripped, one of the pipes from the shed frame went through it. One of my 70s is going to have some pretty bad gas tank damage and possibly seat also. I had to go inside and cut the tarp and let the snow fall through so I could get my wheeler out to plow. So tomorrow I get to dig the rest of my toys out of their wintery grave and find a place to store them until I get a shed built.

Ghostv2
02-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Good luck to you. My curiosity would of got the best of me and I would of dug it all out to make sure it's ok. Here we only got rain and a warm streak so hopefully it melts all the snow by next week.
Take a picture of the tank.

Dirtcrasher
02-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Sorry to read that bud. Many of us have storage issues where we can't build exactly what is necessary. Those units usually work well but wet snow is allot of weight, I hope the damage is minimal.........

Good luck,
Steve
DC

briano
02-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys, I'm sure most of the stuff is ok. My wife's Rancher is up against the side along with my grill and they are untouched. Two of my 70s are really nice 1985s, the one that got hit is was in good shape. It was built out of spare parts but the gas tank was very nice so I hope it's not too bad. I could not believe the weight of the snow from last night and today, plus there was a bit of rain early this morning.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I finish digging it out. My buddy just down the road said he has some room for the 70s and the Rancher so that's nice.

Vealmonkey
02-22-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm sorry to hear of this. This winter has brought many tragedies to many people. I hope all is not too bad. Things could be worse, trust me on this one. LOL

briano
02-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Thanks Veal, I know it could be a lot worse, I just have stuff piling up lately. My truck is needing a bunch of repairs, brakes, shocks, gas tank, and now the water pump started making a bunch of racket. Plus this winter up here has been soooo cold I ran out of firewood already so I'm buying heating oil. I'm just ready for some nice weather so I can have a cold beer in the sun.

tri again
02-22-2014, 08:52 AM
So sorry to hear Briano.
We had 10" of dust THEN frozen rain so the 10" of snow weighed
about the same as concrete.
Had ladders holding up the porch etc.
Had me scared to dddeath and holding my breath for days and NO way to work/fix
in that kinda weather.

Somehow flashed on an "A" frame or 2.
I have a single wide trailer that was cut in half.
so I can build 2 a frames. Wicked roof pitch, no gutters, simple build
and will be able to drag them around if I need to.

Gotta figure out dimensions, but floor should be around 10 or 12 wide by
however long.
Weather channel just mumbled 20 below for Mn.

Hope everyone is safe.
Take care.

JasonB
02-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Sorry to hear that man! Good luck digging everything out, nothing fun about cleaning up a mess in the wrong weather

briano
02-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Well it's not as bad as I thought. The very large crease in my Grizzly gas tank cover came out by itself but I'm going to need a seat cover again. My 2 nice mostly original 1985 70's are fine but the other one has a scuff mark on the tank and it will also need a seat cover. Everything else looks to be fine, so that's a load off my mind.

250rs-neva-die
02-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Hey man glad to hear everything is pretty much ok. I feel your pain though. Came home from work on Friday and found that the pool cover collapsed and ripped the liner and all the water is gone. Hoping insurance covers it but you never know how they go. Can't wait for spring!