PDA

View Full Version : The new guy from Olahoma

srt4_owner
02-23-2014, 02:06 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

My name is Justin, and I just traded a few things for an old 1985 ATC 70 with a 110cc swap. <=== Not sure how cool that is, but I thought it was pretty sweet. I actually took a gamble on this, the kid said it didn't run but all it would need is new fluids. Needless to say, without the new fluids and everything it fired right up, i think the throttle is stuck open though so I gotta get that figured out. I traded about $150 of my old military equipment for it, so I think I made out on top. Anyways, just wanted to state my hellos before I head into the forums.

Thanks,
Justin

Here's a pic of the bike. I can't wait to ride it!!

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/srt4_owner1/1653700_1400346016892644_771183959_n_zpsc7d93cb4.j pg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/srt4_owner1/media/1653700_1400346016892644_771183959_n_zpsc7d93cb4.j pg.html)

YTZ drew
02-23-2014, 11:15 PM
Welcome aboard! I've seen people put chinese clone motors into 70's, but never a Honda 110 (bigger bottom end) that must be a tight squeeze!

srt4_owner
02-23-2014, 11:58 PM
Welcome aboard! I've seen people put chinese clone motors into 70's, but never a Honda 110 (bigger bottom end) that must be a tight squeeze!

well, thats how i got it, and it seems to fit snug. never know these days, it COULD be a chinese clone (with honda logos? if it's possible), but the kid i bought it from goes to a local tech school for automotives, and his teacher had the engine laying around and let him put it in. So not quite sure if it's the real deal or not, but if it's not he sure did a hell of a job making it look legit. :w00t: i had it running earlier, but now it just won't start. So i think i might have to do a valve adjustment. i'll work on that tomorrow.

anyways, thanks for the welcome!

YTZ drew
02-24-2014, 10:24 PM
That looks like a legit Honda engine, based on the head mounting hole on the front of the engine, never seen a chinese one with that mounting point. The reason I say it must be a tight fit is that Honda used an larger bottom end on the 90/110 engines versus the 50/70 engines. All the clones I have seen, and even the late model Honda TRX90 engines are built off the smaller Honda 50/70 crankcases.

HondaXRider
02-24-2014, 10:45 PM
Welcome fellow Okie. I have been wanting to trade a friend out of his 70. This really makes me want to get one.

JasonB
02-24-2014, 11:06 PM
That's an awesome trade man, I want a 70 as my next project. Welcome to the board, what's done to your srt since I can't help but ask lol

srt4_owner
02-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Welcome fellow Okie. I have been wanting to trade a friend out of his 70. This really makes me want to get one.

Thanks! where abouts in OK are you?! Yea, I love this thing! i just wish i could get it started! haha.

That's an awesome trade man, I want a 70 as my next project. Welcome to the board, what's done to your srt since I can't help but ask lol

actually, i sold it a couple years ago :cry: it was my favorite car ever. i bought it new, had it paid off in 3 years, before i got out of the military and fell on some rough times and had to let it go. i spent more money on that car than i did my ex wife (when we were married of course :lol:) and between two deployments i was able to rack up a engine build with pro comp cams, comlete valve train, and all the bolt ons, ie BFMIC to IC piping to and intake. had a lightweight battery kit. and picked up a DCR twin turbo kit (DCR = Darrel Cox Racing), and a nice 75 shot zex wet kit (which i never used :D). anyways, i basically gave it away for $6,000, :wondering and a week later the kid i sold it to totaled it :cry: so needless to say, i'll never be the same. i'll post a pic here in a bit.

srt4_owner
02-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Here it is... or here it WAS. It really killed me when the kid told me he totaled it. cause you put all your blood, sweat, and tears, not to mention you live on ramen noodles just to build the damn thing, just to have it all trashed before you can really let go of it. it really sucked. hopefully one day i'll get another one. but they are super hard to find untouched with decent miles. mine was an 05 loaded model, and only had 47,000 miles on it when i sold it in the summer of 2012.

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/srt4_owner1/309931_10201083681114933_1262123499_n_zps798b4a20. jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/srt4_owner1/media/309931_10201083681114933_1262123499_n_zps798b4a20. jpg.html)

JasonB
02-25-2014, 03:39 PM
sorry to hear that man! im big into cars too, had a turbo mr2 for 10 years that went through 4 motors, countless turbo upgrades, and everything else imaginable from suspension upgrades to power junk. 300rwhp is alot of fun in a 2,000 lbs car lol. I sold it off for a 2003 Lightning with 14k miles last year, never thought I would get rid of the import for a domestic.

srt4_owner
02-25-2014, 04:41 PM
oh yea?! i love them mr2's. i like the early 90's turbo models. i've seen some pretty sick little mr2's run some vettes and porches down. my srt put out 563whp with 621tq. i just couldn't keep the damn thing on the road though. everytime i'd take it out, if i got into it, something would break. i don't know how many times i had to drop the tranny and replace gear links and such. it sucked, but man when it ran, it ran. i've had an old MKIII supra, 240sx, a couple hondas, and nothing compared to that srt. lol. i had a rela emotional bond to that car. hahaha. im diggin your 3 wheeler though! im just now getting into this whole game. i just finished building an old intruder into a bobber. and i picked my ATC up for cheap so im still learning about all of this. the swingarm on your 3 wheeler, is that aftermarket? like can i do that to my little ATC? or is that only on the bigger bikes?

p.s. i gotta wait for the admins to approve the pic of the srt that i posted lol. so it should be up shortly

JasonB
02-25-2014, 05:28 PM
thats cool man, i totally understand how it goes with things breaking! I beat my mr2 with too much boost lol. lifted the first motors head with 20+ psi on a 50 trim T4. Did the same thing to the second motor, both had such bad detonation it looked like I tossed a handful of rocks into the intake hahah. The third motor was as stroker with forged and ARP everything, HKS 264 cams Apexi FC stand alone, 1mm over sized ferrea comp valves, gears, and the usual bolt ons (IC, 3" turbo back exhaust, etc). Nothing like a big turbo spinning and LSD with rear wheel drive! I had a serious bond to the car but i dumped so much money in it and would have kept doing it so i moved onto the Lightning. I miss it though! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/mine015.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on my 310, i love that bike! its a custom swinger +6 longer than stock. The 70's dont have swingarms since they are a hard tail machine. There are frames out there for 70's that are suspended but thats a whole different game. You should just find some appropriate fenders, get it running and enjoy it. I love 70's, going to be my next purchase!

srt4_owner
02-25-2014, 07:56 PM
damn. yea, those body styles are my favorites! how do you like the lightning? im a fan of the SRT10. i've seen a few times the lightning and the SRT10 truck go at it on the track and they seem to be pretty neck and neck

Flyingw
02-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the site SR. Flyingw checking in from Choctaw. This is the two 70s I've done in the past. There are a couple of rides coming up the end of March and the first part of May. Come on out and meet the boys.

srt4_owner
02-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the site SR. Flyingw checking in from Choctaw. This is the two 70s I've done in the past. There are a couple of rides coming up the end of March and the first part of May. Come on out and meet the boys.

Im diggin the red one! and those wheels! Where'd you get parts for them? i found www.hondaatc70.com, is there anywhere else with pretty badass parts for these? i'll definitely try to make it out. where do you guys have them? the city? i'll definitely try to make it, first i gotta get this thing running. it's giving me some seriouse issues that are totally giving me a migraine haha

Thanks for the welcome!

Flyingw
02-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Ebay Brother. Some of the aftermarket parts are pitbike (CRF50) like the thumb throttle and exhaust. That motor is a clutched 110 4 speed electric start. It hauls butt. I sold it last year but there will be another in my future.

srt4_owner
02-25-2014, 09:22 PM
wow. i'd like to have a clutch and electric start. this whole, "let off the gas, shift, give it gas," thing is killing me. along with the pull start. haha. im looking into doing quite a bit to this thing. i finally got it running just now, and took it up and down the street, it's faster than i thought it would be. only made it to 3rd gear but still. anyways, i'll keep my eye out on ebay. and keep me updated on this ride. i'd like to check it out. i've never done any of this before, so im anxious to see whats up.

HondaXRider
02-26-2014, 03:53 PM
I am from Stillwater. Hope we can meat sometime on a ride.:p

HondaXRider
02-26-2014, 04:03 PM
We're is these rides going to be at? I might have to come to one.

srt4_owner
02-26-2014, 07:16 PM
I am from Stillwater. Hope we can meat sometime on a ride.

hell yea. i've got a few buddies that were in stilly for a while. they all went to OSU lol. do you ever come out to tulsa and ride? are there alot of places to ride out in stilly?

HondaXRider
02-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Actually I am just getting started hear to and have not really been on a ride yet. But I have rode trikes all my life hear at home but I would really like to venture out and do more riding. So I was thinking we could get started together? It is always nice to have someone to ride with.
Maybe we should PM?

JasonB
02-27-2014, 12:14 PM
damn. yea, those body styles are my favorites! how do you like the lightning? im a fan of the SRT10. i've seen a few times the lightning and the SRT10 truck go at it on the track and they seem to be pretty neck and neck

I love the Lightning, finally traded up from the MR2 because i wanted to get something more appropriate for hauling toys with. I like the SRT10, but the Challenger SRT8 is awesome! And I had your 70 mixed up with another new guy, those fenders are fine I would leave it as is. Theres all kinds of motors people stick in these bikes, my buddy Kyle just put a 140 motor in his 70.

We are going to be at Little Sahara state park for a ride March 26-30th. its basically sand dunes but a bike like a 70 gets around fine with knobbie tires. Little sahara is about 180 miles west of Tulsa, going to be like 30 or so of us out there camping and riding. Come out if youre free, it will be a blast!

JasonB
02-27-2014, 12:36 PM
also, nice Neon!

srt4_owner
02-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Actually I am just getting started hear to and have not really been on a ride yet. But I have rode trikes all my life hear at home but I would really like to venture out and do more riding. So I was thinking we could get started together? It is always nice to have someone to ride with.
Maybe we should PM?

hell yea man! im down! there's another 110 for sale in sand springs for $200, might pick it up for the lady, see if i can't talk him down. it needs work so im not wanting to pay too much money for it just in case. and there's also a 250(x?r? can't remember) in OKC for $700 im thinking about trying to pick up depending on when this tax check decides to show up. we should get together sometime and ride. i just ride mine around my apartment complex for a few minutes a day. like a loner :p but i love this little thing. i want to grab a 250 though. i've seen some sick 250's with extending swingarms and such. they look fun as hell haha.

I love the Lightning, finally traded up from the MR2 because i wanted to get something more appropriate for hauling toys with. I like the SRT10, but the Challenger SRT8 is awesome! And I had your 70 mixed up with another new guy, those fenders are fine I would leave it as is. Theres all kinds of motors people stick in these bikes, my buddy Kyle just put a 140 motor in his 70.

We are going to be at Little Sahara state park for a ride March 26-30th. its basically sand dunes but a bike like a 70 gets around fine with knobbie tires. Little sahara is about 180 miles west of Tulsa, going to be like 30 or so of us out there camping and riding. Come out if youre free, it will be a blast!

yea i was looking at videos yesturday of little 70's with 250r motors. those things can run ahaha. it would just be a crazy bumpy ride with no suspension. and yea i'll try to make it. i saw a thread in another forum that talked about everyone meating up at Little Sahara. i've always heard about it and seen pics, but i've never been. always wanted to go. so i think i'll try to get out there. i just looked at my calender and i don't have any exams or any homework due that following week, so i don't see a problem with it. i'll make sure my lady is off work too.

Daniel86
02-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Hello and welcome to the site from middle TN!

srt4_owner
03-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Hello and welcome to the site from middle TN!

Thank you! Sorry it took me a while to respond, I got food poisoning last thursday from a local quicktrip and was down and out all weekend. lol.