PDA

View Full Version : atc 110 help

kawitecate333
02-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Hey guys new here to 3 wheeler world need... loved trikes since I was a young boy when I rode my first atc70 very big two stroke fan most my bikes are two strokes. Just recently bought an atc 110 have some issues with it it starts and idles fine as soon as you put it in gear or give it gas it breaks up really bad think it's a timing or ignition issue...maybe something with the pick up on the spark advance seems like if I move the plate it will run better or worse depending on if I retard or advance it not sure what else to do any help is appreciated!!!

kawitecate333
02-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Ps... replaced the carb recently checked valve clearance new spark plug and totally irrelevant to my situation I replaced the shift shaft cuz it was stripped lol

85XMAN
03-17-2014, 06:46 PM
I had the same issue with my 125M it was as simple as taking the beat up air filter out and replacing it. must have allowed just enough air to idle but not enough to give any RPMs. BTW got a BEATIFUL set of fenders for a 110 that I acquired in a deal nothing I need if your interested we can work something out...189271189272189272189273 [ATTACH=CONFIG]189273[/ATTACH private message me if your interested good luck.

trike savior
03-17-2014, 07:15 PM
definitely a too lean or too rich issue. you say you replaced the carb, I am just guessing with a ebay Chinese knock off. they work fine but are never jetted properly out of the box. check main jet # on old carb and new. swap if necessary.

easy way to figure out rich or lean. remove air box cover. if it runs better carb jet too rich. if no difference leave lid off and give it a shot of ether (starting fluid). if that makes a difference it is too lean

also take notice of needle on carb slide and of old and new. you have to remove both from slide and see which notch the e clip is on. make sure they are the same