PDA

View Full Version : Price for a build?

Blayne
03-01-2014, 02:51 AM
I was wondering what it would cost me to do a ATC 250R build. I have a frame, swinger, axle, rear tires and wheels, rear hubs, gas tank, handle bars, forks, air box, forks, front hub, axle and disk, and rear plastic and seat. Looking to do a budget build.

Blayne
03-01-2014, 03:45 AM
It's an 86. I actually have 2-86 250r frames and 1-84 250r frame. I think I will probably just sell them. I could find a complete one for cheaper than building from what I have.

dougspcs
03-01-2014, 09:06 AM
If you are trying to budget for a build, total up the entire list of all the items you need..then add at least 50% onto that!

And yeah, it's cheaper to buy a clean machine then to start from bones and do a build..

Doing a build has to be for the love of it! It's never cheaper..

DohcBikes
03-01-2014, 10:31 AM
I've built plenty of bikes for free. You just need to buy parts bikes and sell the leftover parts. Bam. Free bike.

Don't worry about paint and powder coat first just get the damn thing driving then upgrade when you find a screaming deal on stuff.

I do it all the time.

DohcBikes
03-01-2014, 10:36 AM
I can't stress enough to this community how much smarter it is to buy whole trikes instead of buying parts. You won't catch me on eBay buying a lever for $50 when I can buy a whole basket case for $100-$200.

Every build is a "budget" build....its all about how big your "budget" is.

YTZ drew
03-01-2014, 11:37 AM
I recently priced out doing the exact same build. I chose to not proceed with it, as I determined that it would take at least $2500 to get it together, and I can buy a runner for anywhere from $1500-2000, and not have to mess with it. The only advantage of the build was that I could buy a few pieces at a time, and feel like I had something, rather than wait until I had saved up the whole chunk of money to buy one.

Blayne
03-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys for the input, I'm just gonna sell these few parts I have and buy a complete one if I come across a good deal.