PDA

View Full Version : Tip for those that ship with USPS

rdlsz24
03-01-2014, 12:11 PM
I recently discovered USPS Regional Rate Box A boxes. You can save some serious coin in shipping. I thought medium flat rate boxes were the way to go but the regional boxes are about the same size and you can save 4-5 bucks depending on where it's going, and you save even more by buying online and printing your own label. I've used these boxes to ship stuff all over the country and it seems like it's always $7.55 or less when printed online. They won't have these boxes at the post office. You have to order them for free from their website.

Rob

DohcBikes
03-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Thank you sir. I had been thinking about starting a shipping tips swap thread a while back, maybe more people could post their tips in here......? Half the time we are shipping to each other lol...

rdlsz24
03-01-2014, 06:56 PM
I've never had an issue in over 10 years, but I only ship domestic. Are you talking international?

Rob

JasonB
03-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Damn that's a great deal! I probably spent close to 800$ with USPS last year alone parting out my mr2. How big are the boxes? I need to go to their website and check this out!

And el camexican, I haven't lost a single package in 15 years w usps, I buy and sell a lot that comes and goes usps. You meN someone locally to you in Mexico is stealing stuff? That's messed up

BOB MARLIN
03-02-2014, 10:22 AM
I've had bad luck with usps also. Lost, delivered to the wrong address, left on the curb. And they claim its a high stress job!.

atc007
03-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Great thread Rds.. I ship VERY little. But I have had them lose around $500 of nos decals in one shot. Gone without a trace. And 2 weeks ago. I sent decals to member in NY. 200 miles from me? And A letter,going 45 miles from me. They left on a Tuesday. Both arrived Thursday on the NEXT week. 9 days... Nuff said . I think it really depends on the people working in your particular area. Mine??? No,,,not so good!!

captainweezy
03-04-2014, 06:38 PM
I am on USPS now getting some of these. Looks like a great tip, Thanks Rob!