PDA

View Full Version : New member with questions

Zakk
03-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Hey my names Zakk. i have owns tons of atc three wheelers in the past, which i left all behind when i moved from Utah to Colorado. My buddy now owns my 82 atc 250r and is on the hunt for a intake boot. A few years ago i found tons of them on ebay but now there are zero to be found! does any one have one, or have any leads to one? He recently picked up a boot for an 85 that the seller claimed it was for a 81-84. So now he is probably just going to pick up a 85 carb and put that on if he cant find the right boot. i believe with the 85 boot the carb hits the crankcase so is there some sort if spacer to be bought to make it fit? Off that subject me and my dad just picked up a pretty nice Tri-z 250 it runs good, has good power but with my 2-stroke background the first thing we did when it came home was pull the exhaust off to check out the piston. and it is scored all the way around so it is now getting a top end rebuild! While im at it, do you guys have a suggestion on what size jet i should run in the carb? The trike is originally from California, but now is in Colorado. I haven't pulled it out to check what size it currently is yet, but i figured id ask while im here. Thanks!

Jheezy7
03-01-2014, 07:38 PM

These boots are from Upp racing..they will bolt right up to any year atc 250r however they do NOT angle to the side like the 85/86 boots do..they will fit any 34-38mm carb..I would consider selling one for $60 shipped..pm me if you're interested..