PDA

View Full Version : value of 83 Honda 250R and 85 Honda 200X

72olds442
03-01-2014, 10:01 PM
I'm kinda new here and looking for opinions, I know it will be hard to do without good pictures but I have none. I found a couple ATC's for sale locally, 83 250R that is in decent shape, tank has a few dents the rear fenders are cracked out and need to be replaced. The engine is torn apart, the owner has a new piston and rings, gasket set and reeds, says in is missing carb and cable. This unit has 2 extra sets of wheels and tires with low profile dirt riding tires, not sure of the make. The Honda 200X is in much better cosmetic shape, small crack on the front and rear fenders and the tank is not dented. The drawback with this one is there is no engine at all. It appears to be all there and with a Lifan (sp) engine could be a respectable riding machine. Based on this I'm just wondering what your guys opinion of a fair value is, the owner is asking $500.00 for the pair. There is a lot of money in plastic for the R and it is not a liquid cooled one, kinda worried that the cylinder may need some boring as well, although he didn't mention it. Do you think his asking price is decent or should I pass. I'm gonna be into the 200X for about 700 with the engine and carb to get it going I figure. I'm sure there is money to be made parting out stuff, but I'm not into that either. Thanks in advance for opinions. Dennis

Nason
03-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the site. I'm new here aswell. If that deal was in my area then is probably be all over it but that's only because they are the 2 rarest bikes where I am up north. Plus the market is higher here for us. I can't find a 250r under 2400$ and a good 5 hour drive one way and I've seen one 200x in two years 5 hours away aswell. Basically I would decide by how much money you want to throw into them. I'm putting a few grand into a 250sx and 350x right now myself. Can't wait.

DohcBikes
03-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Buy the R and leave the X. This is coming from a huge 200x fan. You'll be way further into the x than you wanna be.

rg97
03-03-2014, 10:41 AM
A stock engine for a 200x in running shape isnt as much as you are thinking. I see them go for sub-400 all of the time. But like you said, lifans arent cheap.
So, are you asking which one to buy? I would get both, honestly. Use the R as a rider while the X is down then once it is up you can have two great machines. If I had to choose one, the R. Also coming from a X fan, so thats a tough decision.

72olds442
03-04-2014, 01:21 PM
http://jxn.craigslist.org/sno/4357189372.html

Here is a link to the ad, I talked to the guy several times. The 250R has no good plastic and he cant find the carb, not sure how hard they are to get. This might be a little bit too much work for the money, there have been good running 200X's local in the 800 dollar range. Thanks for the input guys.

taiterator
03-04-2014, 02:19 PM
I'd pass for that price.

72olds442
03-04-2014, 09:56 PM
I'd pass for that price.

I got him down to 5 hundred on both of them, said he had a couple sets of wheels and tires for them also. Nothing too special from how he described them. I think it would be worth the money if I parted everything out, I don't have that kind of time or ambition though. I might low ball him later this week and see if he bites. Dennis

Bren_downe
03-04-2014, 11:50 PM
I'd give him a 100 for that x roller, then grab an ugly runner 200/185s for cheap and make a respectable auto-x.