PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here go to Lancaster Speedway (NY)?

slashfan7964
03-03-2014, 02:27 AM
For all you New Yorker's on the board here...anyone go to cruise night? It's technically at "Elegant Builders Raceway" but more known as Lancaster Speedway. They have oval races, drag races etc but every Wednesday night there's a car show, free entry and drag racing...you can race anything all the way down to custom rides. It's only an 1/8th mile strip, but still fun to go and screw around at. Just wonder if any of you guys go. It's on Wednesday nights in the summer, free entry, just pay for your races and food if you want it. $5 a pass, or $20 for 5 passes. Not too bad. Foods a bit pricey but you get a lot. There's open areas of grass to mess around with your vehicles with etc. They do mud bogs in the summer apparently. Burnout pit etc.

If any of you have gone, have you taken your trikes down the strip? I'd be interested in knowing what they run. Maybe we could all meet up sometime.

Dirtweed
03-03-2014, 09:28 AM
I haven't been to Lancaster in Decades.

dickieg89
03-03-2014, 01:30 PM
I have never been to the speedway, but driven by it a million times.

Is this the 103.3 edge event or something else now?

slashfan7964
03-03-2014, 05:24 PM
No this is a weekly thing they do. I think it's done independently by the owners. They still do test & tune and oval racing but this night is like a free for all.

spentar
03-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Ive been there for cruise night many of times. never seen a trike or even a quad there yet. definitely motorcycles though

slashfan7964
03-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Ive been there for cruise night many of times. never seen a trike or even a quad there yet. definitely motorcycles though

I'm there every Wednesday night for cruise night in the summer. I've seen several hundred bikes and a couple quads, someone took a built 700cc quad down it a few last year and ran pretty quick. I'd like to see someone take a three wheeler down it though, they'd let you. Anything goes.