PDA

View Full Version : Which Truck?

El Camexican
03-04-2014, 02:40 AM
Anyone here own a newer Tundra 4X4? Looking at a 2013, I haven't heard anything bad about them other than the mileage, but the reveiws seem to have them near the rear of the pack over styling and handling. Any first hand opinions?

atc007
03-04-2014, 09:11 AM
After GM saves your tail ,you're abandoning ship!!??? Traitor!. Lol,,JKA,, I drove a Tacoma 4 door brand new. Hated everything about it. But around here. The Tundras have a great rep. But that's heresay,not 1st hand.

DohcBikes
03-04-2014, 09:26 AM
El I haven't personally owned a newer Tundra, but I do have two friends that absolutely love and swear by theirs!!

The only small complaint is a slight lack of power, but I suspect that's just a personality issue with my friends haha! I'm not sure of the 2013 performance.

I always had the mini trucks. Little tanks lol....

JasonB
03-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Can't say anything about the trucks but Toyota in general has never let me down. Japanese, yes, but my old Toyota was better quality than most domestics both mechanically and cosmetically lol

El Camexican
03-04-2014, 09:40 AM
I think they are made in Texas and claim 381hp, short of a HEMI that seems pretty peppy. I drove a 2008 way abck and I though it was fast, but then again I owned a 4.6 Ford at the time.

threewheelin-feelin
03-04-2014, 10:08 AM
my girlfriends father owns a 2010 tundra with the 5.7 V8. i personally do not like the truck. to me it is a very uncomfortable truck to ride in. eveything in it feels cheaply made. i also think they are ugly trucks. the 5.7 V8 does make good power but thats about the only good thing i can say about the truck

Stonewall
03-04-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree with Threewheelin-feelin, they feel kinda cheap to me. My dad had an '07 with the smaller V8, and my grandad still has his '08 with the 5.7. Over the summer my dad traded his for a new F-150, which IMO is a much higher quality truck. Both the Tundras have(had) some kinda engine problem that makes em hard to start. My dad actully took his to the dealer and i believe they replaced the injectors or somethin in the fuel system at 40,000, and 5,000 later the problem was back. Although its entirely possible that all these issues have been worked out, and the '08 Sequoia we have with the 5.7 never has had that problem. Stock, the Toyotas are quicker than anything else comparable I've driven, my folks' Sequoia can easily outrun my '10 Silverado 5.3, and my dads new 5.0 F-150. If you want to tow things, look elsewhere, as Toyota has little experience in that market. I'm not trying to knock the Tundra, just offer my experience with them. They are built here in Texas and are just as American as my Chevrolet and my dad's Ford. You should pick whatever truck fits your needs best. The way I look at it, and you may agree or you may not, is that the Tundra is aimed toward the new market of suburban people that think they need a truck to be cool, but hardly ever actully use it as a truck.

barnett468
03-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Can't say anything about the trucks but Toyota in general has never let me down. Japanese, yes, but my old Toyota was better quality than most domestics both mechanically and cosmetically lolYup, as El said…Made in USA, lol.

Top 8 US made trucks.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/top-10/top-8-most-american-trucks-for-2013.html

Some reviews. Try consumer reports too if you want.

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/tundra/2013/

PS- I hope this thread ends up better than your last one!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

fabiodriven
03-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Two words- Eco Boost. They had me with the twin turbos.

atctim
03-04-2014, 12:39 PM
I just bought a 2014 Tundra 4X4 Limited TRD model. It is awesome. The power is amazing. The reason for such good torque numbers is that Toyota mates the 5.7 V8 with a 4.30 rear end exclusively which equals awesome towing. That is not an option in any of the Big 3. Also - huge brakes are great. Only gripe - stay away from the white paint. Mine is getting repainted already from paint chips - there is something wrong with the white paint. Other than that - it is everything I want in a truck and more.

As far as MPGs go - don't buy into the advertising hype. Go look on the Gm / Dodge / Ford forums for real world MPGs. The tundra is about 1 or 2 MPGs below the rest. Add to the fact that Toyotas are known to be very reliable trucks - always have been. Got questions - just ask me about it - I'm happy to answer. BTW - yes you are correct on the HP specs - 381 HP - 401 ft pounds torque.

Also regarding Fabio's post - go on the ford truck forums and look at all the troubles they are having with the Eco-Boost - not to mention it's not getting the MPGs as advertised.

DohcBikes
03-04-2014, 12:47 PM
381 HP...yep sounds a tad sluggish for my buddies lol.....

Damn that's a lot of freakin power for a stock truck!! I want one too!!

I though the Eco Boost was getting good reviews? I'm pretty sure I read in one of my truck mags that they pulled like a 14000 pound trailer load around a NASCAR track at full speed for some ridiculous amount of miles, then ran the truck in the Baja 1000, then tore the engine down and found nothing wrong at all. I'll look for the article, I may be full of it.

Stonewall
03-04-2014, 01:00 PM
I have a friend who's had experience with the Eco-Boost, and my understanding is that it really doesn't get the MPG its suppost to, especially towing anything. They towed a small camper with it, and got something like 11 MPG. My 5.3 Silverado gets around 15-16 towin a 20 foot boat.

Stonewall
03-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Now if you need a 1 ton Doually i`d go Chevy 6.6 turbo diesel with the Allison tranny......but the doors will fall off (fit and finish suck) and the brakes suck (proportioning valve)......pick your poison with Detroit ! I know......i hate me to for having to say it ......i wish it wasn`t true !

I have to disagree here. The fit and finish on my Silverado is better than the Tundra and Sequoia, though I don't think it's quite as good as the F-150. I can't say anything about the brakes, as I've never driven one of the 3500's, but they work great on my 1500. The stock pads at 70,000 have more pad than a new set of Wagner's LOL.

fabiodriven
03-04-2014, 01:04 PM
I have heard the Eco Boost doesn't get the mileage they claim it should. Heard it enough that I'd almost take that as fact. I haven't heard any other complaints about the truck though. I don't own one so I won't speculate too much.

Stonewall
03-04-2014, 01:10 PM
I have heard the Eco Boost doesn't get the mileage they claim it should. Heard it enough that I'd almost take that as fact. I haven't heard any other complaints about the truck though. I don't own one so I won't speculate too much.

The idea is somewhat counterintuitive if you think about it. The whole idea of a turbo is to cram more air into the engine so you can burn MORE fuel, because more fuel = more power. I think Dodge got it right with the new EcoDiesel 3.0, Diesel Power did a road test on that truck and got 29 MPG empty, and 19 MPG at maximum towing capacity. If I get into a new truck anytime soon, it'll probably be a Dodge diesel.

fabiodriven
03-04-2014, 01:21 PM
I own a diesel and would never go back to gas. Diesel is the future at this point. A half ton truck isn't big enough for what I do. If I had to get a half ton I'd certainly look at the diesel offerings, but if I were going with gas a twin turbo Ford would get my money. I am partial to Ford though.

oldskool83
03-04-2014, 01:22 PM
What truck do you have now Elmexican? I thought you had a newer HEMI. I vote dodge but that is all I will buy or own in a truck.

oldskool83
03-04-2014, 01:24 PM
What truck do you have now El Camexican? I thought you had a newer HEMI. I vote dodge but that is all I will buy or own in a truck.

atc007
03-04-2014, 01:55 PM
He HAD a Avalanche. It met with an extraordinarily violent death. As should have he. And he's still shopping ...lol...Just giving ya a hard time bud. I have a Sierra,5.3 ,11,000 miles. Trying my very best for mileage. 16.5. Towing,,,12 mpg.. I consider the fit and finish nice. They are extremely tough. I KNOW that does not need explained to you. Here in the salt belt,,brakes,,AND ROTORS,,before 30000. Count on it. Pads around 15k.. I saw the 70000 post above and almost fell over! But I know GM's parts do NOT like salt,,at all! My Son totalled a 03 SS. Very similar to your Avalanche. He and his GF walked away completely and totally unscathed. I do not think these are coincidences.. But that's just my sick mind :) If you're like me,,I look forward to buying a new one,,then I research and shop till I'm just ready to get it over.. But I still don't get ripped off :) Good luck in your search..

Lord Letto 20
03-04-2014, 01:56 PM
if newer toyotas are still made as they were back in the day, I say go for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk

Stonewall
03-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Here in the salt belt,,brakes,,AND ROTORS,,before 30000. Count on it. Pads around 15k.. I saw the 70000 post above and almost fell over! But I know GM's parts do NOT like salt,,at all!

I reckon thats the difference between Pensylvania and Arkansas. No salt down here lol. The worst mine see is some Mississippi Delta silt loam mud. I have a full set of Wagners i was going to put on at 70,000, but i pulled the old pads and they have as much material on em as the new ones. Granted nearly all my driving is highway, and I dont really drive agressively.

oldskool83
03-04-2014, 03:51 PM
This is why I bought a clean older truck, and coated everything under it like frame bed, cab, rocker panels axle, rear diff....anything metal not coated from the factory, my truck cant ever rust underside now...POR15'ed everything lol.

RIDE-RED 250r
03-04-2014, 04:21 PM
My Father in law has a '12 (i believe) Tundra. He loves it. It does have very good power. Also, as claimed it seems to have large heavier duty brakes than the competing half ton trucks.

Having said that and being a life long GM/MOPAR man, about the only thing I don't like about it is I just think it's an ugly truck... But that's just my opinion on cosmetics. It certainly seems like a well built truck and is a very capable hauler. He hauls a 38' camper on a class IV hitch (not 5th wheel!) and his 24' enclosed race car trailer packed with wheelers. It carries the weight well and has to power to get it done.... Both the camper and the enclosed trailer are quite heavy, I have hauled the enclosed trailer with my '06 Silverado with 5.3 alum block....

I think the whole selling point of the Eco-Boost as I understand it is you have big v-8 power when needed, and fuel sipping qualities when you don't.

Having said all that, the next truck I buy that has a bank note with it I am hoping will be a 3/4 Dodge with a Cummins... Pre-DEF

atctim
03-04-2014, 05:03 PM
well here is what I have seen and heard about the eco-boost:

http://partsblog.olathetoyota.com/4383/ford-sued-ecoboost-problems/

fabiodriven
03-04-2014, 05:28 PM

Honestly that really doesn't seem like a big deal to me. If I were on my way to Trikefest and it happened, then I'm sure it would be a big deal to me. That's exactly why I bought a 7.3 though. They've been around since the dinosaurs and they are the epitome of "tried and true". The Eco Boost is a fairly new design and with the amount of technology in that truck I could understand why they may have a hiccup or two. One problem with an intercooler hardly seems like they're having a lot of problems with those trucks to me. Honestly I hadn't heard of any issues at all with them until you posted that link. Historically, many vehicles have had issues in the first couple runs and end up revised as time goes by.

Now I'm just speculating so I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet that most people are just hammering on those trucks to get poor mileage. I bet if you drove it like grandma (which I'm sure Ford did when testing the mileage) it would get the advertised fuel mileage. With two turbos on hand and boosted horsepower, which is typically a kick in the pants, I bet most people are just romping the gas all the time. When I used to do exhaust, the owners would sell Flowmaster systems by telling people that the fuel mileage will increase. Many people came back complaining that their mileage actually dropped. The reason that was so was because now that they had their bad arse exhaust, they were honking around everywhere to hear it.

Oh and to all you gassers- I got 11 mpg last year going to Indiana with almost 18,000 lbs of dual wheel truck, camper, and a trailer loaded to the gills cruising at 80.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/index_zpsa0aedf65.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/index_zpsa0aedf65.jpg.html)

ezmoney1979
03-04-2014, 06:07 PM

Just typing in "ecoboost problems" into Google will make your head spin. I have only talked to one person that owned one and he wasn't too thrilled with it. I wonder what their reliability/longevity will be like with some "real" miles on them. But smaller displacement, turbo engines are very popular right now. From Hyundai to Fords to Mercedes everyone is boosting it seems.

fabiodriven
03-04-2014, 06:12 PM
I'd be willing to bet anything you typed before the word "problems" will end with an array of results.

ezmoney1979
03-04-2014, 06:25 PM
I'd be willing to bet anything you typed before the word "problems" will end with an array of results.

Its the problems I'm reading about that no brand new $40,000 truck should have. I know my little LS has never in 200,000 miles gone into "limp" mode. And I change the oil about every 10,000 miles, tow trailers at 5,500 rpms up mountains in 100 degree heat, never have changed the spark plugs, and I can't even remember the last time I even looked at the air cleaner, could be a squirrel living in there for all I know:beer

El Camexican
03-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Wow! Nothing brings out male passion like a pick-up truck thread.

Turns out there was only one new 2013 Tundra 4X4 in the entire country and it sold this morning to someone else and the 2014's won’t get here till June or July.

There is a new 2013 King Ranch with a 5.0 a mile away, but they want absolutely stupid money for the mandatory insurance (4 year financing) and the scheduled maintenance, more than 20% higher that Toyota for insurance and 300% higher for scheduled maintenance! FYI the two people I know with Eco-boost trucks both have black oily soot around their tail pipes. That turns me off.

The loaded GMC/Chevy units over priced and on backorder and I can’t convince myself to get a Dodge (no Oldscool, I've never owned a Dodge, unless you count my wife's US made ML. Great engine and, um, er, well, great engine!), so I’m off to look at a 2014 Tacoma TRD to see if I can imagine myself sitting in it comfortably all the way to Trikefest someday.

Thank you all very much for your input!

yamaha225dr
03-04-2014, 08:24 PM
I like the 2014 Tundras but really dislike the styling on the older ones. That is the only opinion I can give, cause I have never even ridden in one. I'm not brand loyal at all but for some odd reason I currently have four Ford vehicles on my insurance right now. A F150,Expedition,Mustang and a Ranger, I just have never been let down by Ford. The forums are in my opinion one of the worst places to go when researching a vehicle,unless you go there with an open mind. Most people join forums to figure out a problem they are having, so at any given time you can go on one for any automobile and read until your eyes bleed about problems, someone is having with a vehicle. I'm still not sold on the new Ecoboost engines but know a few people with them that have zero complaints.

DohcBikes
03-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Eco boost torture test I spoke of earlier in the thread. Wasn't too far off after all.

Edit: Except I forgot the part about where they WIN the Baja 1000 stock class AFTER unbelievabke amounts of abuse had already been dished out.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/01/what-the-inside-of-a-torture-tested-ecoboost-v-6-looks-like.html

ezmoney1979
03-04-2014, 08:51 PM
FYI the two people I know with Eco-boost trucks both have black oily soot around their tail pipes. That turns me off.

This is very common with new DI turbo engines. My wifes 2013 Veloster Turbo is the same (its a 200hp 1.6 I4). They have to dump extra fuel at times to prevent serious detonation.

El Camexican
03-04-2014, 10:42 PM
I’m off to look at a 2014 Tacoma TRD to see if I can imagine myself sitting in it comfortably all the way to Trikefest someday

Update: I don't fit a Tacoma, but I did find out why there are no Tundras in Mexico. Apparently the new government reforms here included a law that said any manufacture that was selling V8 trucks would be penalized by being restricted on how many imported models they were allowed to stock (this was something done years ago to encourage auto makers to put plants down here). Well the law was repealed recently, but there were no trucks scheduled for Mexico, so now we have to wait. for production to ramp up. My quest continues…

aldochina
03-05-2014, 01:48 AM
I am interested to get some feed back on the new for 15 aluminum bodied fords. Sounds pretty innovative! Also looking forward to see the new diesel offerings in the redesigned Titan! Said i wouldnt buy another Titan, mines an 06 with just 50,000. motor is awsome, body and frame stout, but alot of the "little stuff" heavily rusted. Alot of that is location though. with the redesign, and motors which I believe are cummins I may have to take a look. I also hear they may offer a diesel in the frontier.

Billy Golightly
03-05-2014, 08:27 AM
If I was in the market for a new 1/2 ton, I'd seriously consider one of these with the 5.0 V8 Cummins coming out soon; http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/27/nissan-titan-cummins-diesel-originally-meant-for-ram/

El Camexican
03-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Just like everything else down there it does`nt make sense
Are you kidding Glamy? They have immigration laws in Mexico that are second only to China and the Nazi’s and unless someone is legally registered as living in the country and paying taxes they can’t open a bank account, rent or own a house, register a vehical, get a driver’s license, or even a cell phone. I’d say Uncles Sam could stand to learn a few things down here about keeping his house in order. Don’t let the movies fool you, it’s hard to hide down here, unless you’re willing to forgo running water and electricity. Now about the V8 truck thing, si, son pinches locos cabrones!

El Camexican
03-05-2014, 10:00 AM
If I was in the market for a new 1/2 ton, I'd seriously consider one of these with the 5.0 V8 Cummins coming out soon; http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/27/nissan-titan-cummins-diesel-originally-meant-for-ram/

Every Titan I've looked at down here is falling apart. The smaller Nissan trucks are very popular and durable and Nissan makes most of the Taxis here (Tsuru) but from what I've seen a Cummins would outlast 4 of the Titan bodies and the interiors are worse! 40,000 to 80,000 miles and plastic parts have cracked or fallen off, wires are corroded through, etc. Titan is a non option for me.

oldskool83
03-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Any motor the operate in a lesser fashion then its meant for = a problem in my mine. There is a reason I bought the truck I did, I only got it because of the motor and I picked a certain year which all power not one of that restricting power.

Honestly the way 1500's are going your better off buying a 2500 because you will spend the same or less, 1500's have been the average Joes truck and the auto makers know this so that's why you are seeing $45-50,000 air haulers out on the roads.
'
MDS, ECO boost, economy mode...what ever you want to call it, grantee them motors won't see 238,857 miles (to the moon)

As for that little want to be Cummins dodge put in there 1500...I'm skeptical and would still take my 5.7 HEMI over it, plus I'm at 400hp yet lol.

My friend just got a 07 QCSB duramax to haul his 3 kids around for $19 grand, I hear they are decent motors. I'd never buy a ford however. I drove a Titan once and did not like anything about it. The axles / drive shafts are tiny for what's called Titan. Nissan should of just kept up with the smaller trucks, they seemed to last better. Problem is now days everyone and their brother wants in on the V8 truck bug.

I'm suprized Honda has not come out with some want to be V8 truck to replace that stupid yuppie ridgeline.

ezmoney1979
03-05-2014, 10:40 AM
My friend just got a 07 QCSB duramax to haul his 3 kids around for $19 grand, I hear they are decent motors. I'd never buy a ford however. I drove a Titan once and did not like anything about it. The axles / drive shafts are tiny for what's called Titan. Nissan should of just kept up with the smaller trucks, they seemed to last better.

I think you are getting your brands mixed up bud. But you got that right about the Titan, a D44 rear end is fine in a Jeep, but not up to the task of powerful V8 full size truck use.

oldskool83
03-05-2014, 10:48 AM
I've hear mixed reports on the duramax. He didn't want a solid front axle and this was only diesels with out one so far. As far as them being stock I have not heard many bad things, in doing them up to blow smoke I know they have the smallest connecting rods of them all, ford is the 2nd smallest and Cummins in the largest.

I would of never bought it because my relationship with anything GM ended in 2004. Bout the only good thing I will say about them is they had good paint from my experience lol.

El Camexican
03-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Don`t get me wrong bra........i have familia there...... i love Mexico ! I`m gonna wind up there.......but they (gov.) step on everything ! After NAFTA a Tsuru (Sentra) would cost around 10k here in the states.........was 16k Mexico ! But the chicas and da comeda and cerveza mas fina muy bueno ! You`re right the quadruple taxation of the US is killing me !.......i`m thinking Cabo !

No kidding? I just figured you were another So Cal. W.A.S.P., pero no! Eres un frijolero de mi corazon guey! Heck we may even be related!:lol: (laughy face came home!)

Chicas, cheves , churros y motores de dos tiemos pa siempre!:beer

PS. I still don’t know what the hell you are talking about half the time, but doesn’t mean I don’t like reading it!

El Camexican
03-06-2014, 02:17 AM
Eco boost torture test I spoke of earlier in the thread. Wasn't too far off after all.

Edit: Except I forgot the part about where they WIN the Baja 1000 stock class AFTER unbelievabke amounts of abuse had already been dished out.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/01/what-the-inside-of-a-torture-tested-ecoboost-v-6-looks-like.html

Did you catch where it says that 300 hours of testing simulated 150,000 normal driving miles? That's 500mph. I'd love to know what they do that simulates almost 4,000 hours of regular use in 300 hours.

I spoke to a friend with an ecoboost F150 today, She said it's way faster than her old 5.4 truck, but that she's getting 16mpg and that it makes some weird noises when it idles.

El Camexican
03-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Machete does not care if you like me or ca. because...........wait for it..............Machete don`t text ! Pinche Canucks !!! Machete only want to make sure you don`t buy Detroit's crap cause then it breaks down on the fwy and gets in da way ! Machete........machete......machete......please don`t come to ca......macheteHoosier DaddyHoosier DaddyHoosier DaddyDeepaHoosier DaddyHoosier DaddyHoosier Daddy
Estimado Glamy,

Te agradezco mucho por su preocupación de me seguridad en las carreteras. Desafortunadamente el opción de comprar una camioneta japonesa de tamaño grande en 4 X 4 no existe. Por eso creo que tengo comprar chatarra Americano.

No te preocupes de mi presencia en California, este “Canuck” no tiene plan ni ganas de ir, pero si por casualidad estas en Monterrey un día, espero que mi contactes para invitarte una cerveza Tecate, o lo que quieres.

Saludos cordiales,

El Camexican

El Camexican
03-06-2014, 09:51 PM
With no full side Japanese options available I test drove the Chevy today. Wow, does that 5.3 pick up and go when there isn’t a big heavy suburban chassis bolted to it. Blows the tires off on a whim. Down side is that the interior is 7 years old. Lots of new bells and whistles, but it sucks to think about spending all that money just to sit in the same seat as you have been. 6 speed feels weird whne you come to a stop, felt like a bike downshifting 3 times really fast.

Also went to look at the King Ranch again, but as soon as they opened the door and my wife saw the red seats she made that “no” face she’s been practicing since we got hitched, so I passed on the test ride. Probably for the best, it’s a bit of an eye magnet compared to the Chevy and find the engine compartment to be a trash bin of wires. It’s like they forgot to put covers on the junction boxes. All that plastic trim on the exterior is a turn off as well. Still, you do feel like a king sitting in it and the amenities are ample. The only thing the Chevy has over the design is a roof mounted DVD player.

Looking like another Chevy is in my near future.

ezmoney1979
03-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Looking like another Chevy is in my near future.

Good man. That's probably what I would go with too if I was in the market. Can't go wrong with a very proven motor like the 5.3.

slashfan7964
03-07-2014, 08:29 AM

I've actually hear the 5.0l V8 get's better, but I haven't driven one myself to back that up.

As far as the Tundra, I've been told the rear axle is basically replica Ford Sterling 10.25 which isn't a bad thing really. I've also been told the 5.7L engine is a knock-off Ford smallblock just modernized but again, not really sure how true that is. But I will say they are very quick for a truck. I have seen one at my local drag strip run into the 13s stock and they sure as hell surprised me when I heard an American V8 roar (could have fooled me for a Ford honestly), turned around and saw a Toyota sitting right there.

My uncle has a standard Tundra, 2011 I think, and he likes it, but he says his 90s Dodge pulls his boat better.

These days it's almost hard to go wrong with any brand. They've all got good reviews for the most part. Being a Ford guy overall I'd say go with an F150 but that's just me being biased.

I see you are leaning towards a 5.3L Chevy truck, good engine but not sure about the truck it's bolted to though.

oldskool83
03-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Mopar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yamaha225dr
03-07-2014, 09:43 AM

If I was in the market for a new truck it would be a hemi Ram. My father in law and two cousins have one and they are the best out right now in my opinion. An F150 with the 5.0 is my second choice, great power and fuel economy without that stupid cylinder deactivation crap.

El Camexican
03-07-2014, 09:56 AM

Sorry, it's going to be "Lesspar" this time buddy.

I agree with you Slash. I drove a Tundra (unsupervised :naughty:) a few years back and it roared like an American V8. Unfortunately I can’t wait 4 months to get one.

fabiodriven
03-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Sterling 10.25 in a Tundra? Ya, how bout no. That's a full floating one ton rear end and it's certainly not under a half ton Toyota.

ezmoney1979
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Sterling 10.25 in a Tundra? Ya, how bout no. That's a full floating one ton rear end and it's certainly not under a half ton Toyota.

Well the Tundra diff uses a 10.5'' ring gear and knowing Toyota its probably as tough as anything out there.

fabiodriven
03-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Maybe there are similarities with the ring and pinion. Anything more than just the size though?

Buck Snort
03-07-2014, 12:03 PM
My friend some how can afford a new truck every 3 years. He has had a few Dodge trucks but the 3 or 4 Chevys he has owned, I have too admit even though I am a Ford guy. I really liked the Chevys. I would never tell him that though. (lol)

oldskool83
03-07-2014, 12:13 PM
If I was in the market for a new truck it would be a hemi Ram. My father in law and two cousins have one and they are the best out right now in my opinion. An F150 with the 5.0 is my second choice, great power and fuel economy without that stupid cylinder deactivation crap.

Before I bought my HEMI I looked at the new ones, only thing I did not like about them is rear suspension is not like the front, no more leaf springs. The design seems like it would be a rust trap in the salt states. I was going to buy a Cummins but figured I could buy a sweet near show truck if I bought a hemi and still would come in half the cost of a stock Cummins the year I wanted.

I never liked how the chevys frame hangs down, it makes them look horrible and they have been doing this since 1988!

Funny thought...if you had an avalance and it was totaled why not just buy another one? It's a heck of a crazy idea I know.

My personal thought is new trucks are over priced...I'd pick up a clean used one off some one who cant afford the gas anymore...that's what I did :)

RIDE-RED 250r
03-07-2014, 12:25 PM
I have had (3) 99-later Chevy's, all with 5.3's in them, and the trucks last just as good as the engines they are bolted to.

One thing about a GM truck and this may seem a minor point to some... You still have a zerk on every joint in the front end, at least to '06 which is the model year I have now. Some people say it makes no difference, I say BS! I grease my front end every oil change. My last Chevy, an '01, had 155k on it when I traded it in. Aside from the wheel bearings, everything in the front end was original. Always hearing from friends and family with Fords and Dodges that have very few greasable joints up front having to start changing out ball joints, tie rod ends well before 100k. This is not something I heard 3rd and 4th hand.. I get this directly from the owners.

Every Chevy I have had I have never had to do a ball joint or rod end. To some people it's no big deal I guess. But to me I hate doing ball joints. Nothing comes apart easy up here in salt country.

Kintore
03-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Hey guys,

I had a 07 Tundra with the 5.7. Long bed, double cab 2wd.

Work and back or daily driving was 16-17 mpg.
One bike in the bed on the interstate was 18-21 pending fuel,hills....

Pulling this setup LOADED the tits to Trikefest, all bikes, fuel, gear, food. TF PACKED I got 13mpg average of 70mph. I mean we were LOADED!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/DSCN1949_zpsf0702bd4.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/JoshTriZ/media/DSCN1949_zpsf0702bd4.jpg.html)

Keep in mind my truck was 2wd. I loved it, just which I bought the short bed for looks. The long bed looked goofy imo.

It never let down, great power and no issues. Brakes were killer on it, and it would get up and go like a bugger for that kinda weight.

I sold it and bought a junker dodge that had no payments, I plan on buying another tundra when I can. the 07/08s are starting to become reasonable.

El Camexican
03-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Hey guys,

I had a 07 Tundra with the 5.7. Long bed, double cab 2wd.

Work and back or daily driving was 16-17 mpg.
One bike in the bed on the interstate was 18-21 pending fuel,hills....

Pulling this setup LOADED the tits to Trikefest, all bikes, fuel, gear, food. TF PACKED I got 13mpg average of 70mph. I mean we were LOADED!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/DSCN1949_zpsf0702bd4.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/JoshTriZ/media/DSCN1949_zpsf0702bd4.jpg.html)

Keep in mind my truck was 2wd. I loved it, just which I bought the short bed for looks. The long bed looked goofy imo.

It never let down, great power and no issues. Brakes were killer on it, and it would get up and go like a bugger for that kinda weight.

I sold it and bought a junker dodge that had no payments, I plan on buying another tundra when I can. the 07/08s are starting to become reasonable.

Nice ride. Just to confirm, you are doing your math with US gallons and not the 4.6L Canadian gallons, right?

slashfan7964
03-07-2014, 11:45 PM

The Sterling axles came in both full float and semi float variants, full float being the most common. There was the 10.25 and 10.5 and I think 1 other but not 100% sure.

Maybe there are similarities with the ring and pinion. Anything more than just the size though?

I've been told the tooth count on everything is the same, and I believe they came in the same ratios as some of the old Fords. I want to say the spline count on the axle shafts are the same and the cases look pretty similar.

That said, I'm not 100% sure on how true all that is as I have limited experience with both. I'm used to Dana stuff. Non TRD trucks look like they have 9" rears in them, all the way down to how they come apart, but still not sure. Just word of mouth really.

Sorry, it's going to be "Lesspar" this time buddy.

I agree with you Slash. I drove a Tundra (unsupervised :naughty:) a few years back and it roared like an American V8. Unfortunately I can’t wait 4 months to get one.

I honestly didn't expect that, that's why I was pretty shocked to see it when I turned around...it was a legit "WTF?" moment.

El Camexican
03-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Dropped the deposit off tonight, but in typical Mexican fashion it will be a week before I take possession and get it plated.

The model is a Cheyenne. I don’t know if you have them in the States anymore or not. The basic non-fleet models in Mexico are tagged Silverado’s.

No one can tell me the gear ratio or HP all they tell me is that it’s 4WD and has the “C package” whatever that means. It has leather, GPS, 20” wheels, a 5.3L, NO Bluetooth, a DVD player, killer stereo, sun roof and most important of all a hitch. They offered a 3 year 100% replacement on loss insurance policy that comes with a Lojack type tracker and an extra year of warranty, so I opted for both.

Thanks again for all the input!
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y434/lucky1366/2013%20Chevy%20Cheyenne/2013Chevy031_zps3b78d1be.jpg (http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/lucky1366/media/2013%20Chevy%20Cheyenne/2013Chevy031_zps3b78d1be.jpg.html)
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y434/lucky1366/2013%20Chevy%20Cheyenne/2013Chevy032_zpse486bb27.jpg (http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/lucky1366/media/2013%20Chevy%20Cheyenne/2013Chevy032_zpse486bb27.jpg.html)
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y434/lucky1366/2013%20Chevy%20Cheyenne/2013Chevy033_zps76a7da00.jpg (http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/lucky1366/media/2013%20Chevy%20Cheyenne/2013Chevy033_zps76a7da00.jpg.html)

slashfan7964
03-08-2014, 12:15 AM
According to the Mexican Chevy website, the 5.3L has 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque. If I'm reading this right, your gear ratio is 3.08.

El Camexican
03-08-2014, 12:22 AM
According to the Mexican Chevy website, the 5.3L has 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque. If I'm reading this right, your gear ratio is 3.08.

Got a link señor?

El Camexican
03-08-2014, 12:53 AM
Everything I can find says 315HP on gas and 326HP on E85. Mexico has strict emissions laws, so I doubt they bump it up down here. Now they might LIE, that I wouldn't doubt.

atc007
03-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Great choice.If for nothing else. Piece of mind you are sitting in safety. Proven time and time again. I see plates???? Chicken !! :) :).

ezmoney1979
03-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Nice ride, I'm jealous! Pretty cool its got a sun roof. Why no Bluetooth?

El Camexican
03-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Why no Bluetooth?

I know! How crazy is that in an otherwise loaded 2013 model sold in a country where it is illegal to talk on handheld cell phones and drive?

El Camexican
03-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Great choice.If for nothing else. Piece of mind you are sitting in safety. Proven time and time again. I see plates???? Chicken !! :) :).

Those are dealer plates and yea, wife was preaching the safety thing everytime I looked at a smaller truck.

Slashfan, the 355HP is the 2014 engine, the 2013 has 315.

Lord Letto 20
03-08-2014, 05:51 PM
IIRC the Cheyenne was just a Trim level for the C/K Series, for example, the 4th gen (1988-2000 (1992-2005 in South Korea)) trim levels were Cheyenne, Scottsdale, and Silverado. I also think that was the last generation for the C/K Before being replaced by the Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra that's 1998-Present and the Current Silverados are apparently called the Cheyenne in Mexico and still called C/K in South Korea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_C/K
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Silverado

Good choice, you get a Thumbs up from me! once I get the money to get my 1st vehicle and if I choose to get a full sized pickup, I wouldn't mind getting a mid 80's to Early or Mid 90's Cheyenne or F-150

90guy
03-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Hmmm. Strange to me Didn't think I would ever see a Cheyenne be really nice in them. I'm used to old U.S trucks: Custom, Cheyenne, Scottsdale, Silverado in trim levels. Made more sense then the Lt1, Lt2, Lt3, Ltz trim levels. I mean that's also self explanatory. Nice truck non the less.

DohcBikes
03-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Ford or "Sterling" axles.....

Axle Specifications:
Ring Gear Diameter: 10.250 / 10.500
Diff Cover Bolts: 12
Ring Gear Bolts: 12
Axle Spline Count: 35
Axle Shaft Style: Full & Semi-Float
C-Clips: No
Pinion Support: No
Pinion Nut: 1-1/8"
Pinion Crush Sleeve: Yes
Carrier Breaks: No
Dropout Carrier: No
Max Output Torque: 8,300 / 10,660 ft-lbs
Max Cont. Torque: 2,000 / 2,900 ft-lbs

Torque Specifications:
Pinion Preload New: 20 to 35 in-lbs
Pinion Preload Reused: 6 to 8 in-lbs
Ring Gear Backlash: .006" to .010"
Ring Gear Bolt Torque: 95 ft-lbs
Carrier Bearing Caps: 80 ft-lbs

Popular Applications:
Ford E-250 / E-550 1985 - 2011 Rear
Ford F-150 2000 - 2010 Rear
Ford F-250 (Super Duty) 1985 - 2011 Rear
Ford F-350 (Super Duty) 1985 - 2011 Rear
Ford Excursion 2000 - 2005 Rear

Changes By Year:
1983-1992 10.25" Short 31 Spline Pinion (1-1/4")
1993-1998 10.25" Long 31 Spline Pinion (1-5/8")
1999-2006 10.50" Long 31 Spline Pinion
2007-2010 Same as '99-'06 w/ Different Bearings
2011 + 10.50 w/ 37 Spline Pinion

Axle Details
The Ford 10.25" and Ford 10.5" axles, also known as Visteon and Sterling axles because they are manufactured by Visteon at the Sterling Axle Plant in Sterling Heights, MI, are exclusive to Ford and were first introduced in 1985. The two axles are almost identical with the only differences being that the 10.25" has a 1/4" smaller ring gear and a one-piece differential case with 2 pinion gears. Both models use large 35 spline axle shafts, however, some versions of the Ford 10.25" came with semi-floating axle shafts while all Ford 10.5" axles are full-floating. Differential parts including ring and pinion sets are interchangeable between the two axles.

SORRY EL,,,,,THE LAST AXLE DISCUSSION IN A NEW TRUCK THREAD GOT A LITTLE TIRESOME LOL....
Figured I'd just throw that out there now and get ahead of the game....

EXCELLENT CHOICE ON THE CHEYENNE!

I must admit I was secretly hoping that you would get something similar to the truck that just saved your life.

:beer

Chopsaw
03-08-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm a Ford guy , but that's a really nice ride . Hope it does you well , great lookin truck .

El Camexican
03-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Hmmm. Strange to me Didn't think I would ever see a Cheyenne be really nice in them. I'm used to old U.S trucks: Custom, Cheyenne, Scottsdale, Silverado in trim levels. Made more sense then the Lt1, Lt2, Lt3, Ltz trim levels. I mean that's also self explanatory. Nice truck non the less.

What about the Wrangler? They sold them in Canada and they were pretty nice. Did teh have them in the US? Every Scottsdale I ever saw was diesel.

Buck Snort
03-08-2014, 11:35 PM
I had a 1981 Scottsdale that was gas. I remember the Wranglers too, but can't remember where they fit in the model line up.
What about the Wrangler? They sold them in Canada and they were pretty nice. Did teh have them in the US? Every Scottsdale I ever saw was diesel.

Stonewall
03-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Congratulations on the new truck!! You'll love it. Very similar to mine, but fancier haha.

I see we need a lesson in GM truck trim levels as well lol.

NOTE THAT THIS IS UNITED STATES ONLY! I'm not familiar with export trim levels.

C/K trucks were available in the US from 1960-1999

1960-66 trim levels were C/10 and Custom/10

Chevy (GMC)

1967–70 trim levels were C/10 (1500), Custom (Custom), and CST (Super Custom)

1971 trim levels were Custom (Custom), CST (Super Custom), and Cheyenne (Sierra)

late 1971–72 trim levels were CST (Super Custom), Cheyenne (Sierra), Cheyenne Super (Sierra Grande), and Cheyenne Highlander (Sierra Highlander)

For the 1973 and 1974 model years, the base (standard) trim level was Custom/Custom, mid-range trims were Custom Deluxe/Super Custom, luxury trims were Cheyenne/Sierra, and top-of-the-line luxury trim levels were Cheyenne Super/Sierra Grande.

For the 1975 model year the trim levels were revised and the base trims were now Custom Deluxe/Sierra, mid-range trims were Scottsdale/Sierra Grande, luxury trims were Cheyenne/High Sierra, and the top-of-the-line luxury trim levels were now known as Silverado/Sierra Classic.

In 1982 the Cheyenne/High Sierra trim levels were dropped.

In 1988 the trim levels were changed to Cheyenne, Scottsdale, and Silverado, on the Chevrolets and GMC went to the 3 letter system that I know little about.

El Camexican
03-09-2014, 03:53 AM
I had a 1981 Scottsdale that was gas. I remember the Wranglers too, but can't remember where they fit in the model line up.

http://www.73-87.com/Special_Editions/wrangler.htm

Canadian only according to this link and they were up there. I bought a wrecked unit and installed the interior and trim on my basic 82 Chevy. I should scan some photos and post them some day, that truck was a gem.

90guy
03-09-2014, 04:10 AM
Man I grew up 17 miles from canada. And spent a large amount of time in manitoba and can't ever recall the wrangler. Might not have paid much attention just thinking it was another chevy. Thanks for the information! Love learning about the diffrent countries have diffrent comfort lines. And let alone diffrent vehicles all in all. I have seen both diesel and gas Scottsdale trucks. One I had owned was a k20 with a 350 4 speed geared at top end was 43. Glad it wasnt the 6.2

El Camexican
03-09-2014, 04:47 AM
What town? I spent a fair amount of time in Fargo back in the day. I got my sub 10 second bike license there and made it into the money a few times. Did some serious drinking there and in Grand Forks too. Always had fun… just remembered a time in 1985 I had ridden my RZ500 down there and got tagged racing with one of the Air Force guys on his FZ750 in a park with some wicked curves in it. Talked with the cop for 30 minutes about having a 2 stroke street bike and all was forgiven.:)

90guy
03-09-2014, 05:10 AM
What town? I spent a fair amount of time in Fargo back in the day. I got my sub 10 second bike license there and made it into the money a few times. Did some serious drinking there and in Grand Forks too. Always had fun… just remembered a time in 1985 I had ridden my RZ500 down there and got tagged racing with one of the Air Force guys on his FZ750 in a park with some wicked curves in it. Talked with the cop for 30 minutes about having a 2 stroke street bike and all was forgiven.:)

Grew up in Langdon. Man I would love to find a RZ500 right now. Been wanting one for a while! That 750 touch that 500? haha. Gotta love the cops in ND not a whole lot has really changed with them!

Buck Snort
03-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Thanks a lot El! Now I have the itch to go look for a old Chevy truck. That would cause a lot of trouble around my house. I would get away with it, but as I get older I pick and choose the battles. (ha ha)

El Camexican
03-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Grew up in Langdon. Man I would love to find a RZ500 right now. Been wanting one for a while! That 750 touch that 500? haha. Gotta love the cops in ND not a whole lot has really changed with them!

I’m going to tease both you guys. Here is a photo of my RZ parked in from of my brothers 1987 Wrangler. The decals hadn’t been applied yet, but it was pretty spiffy all done up in yellow.
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y434/lucky1366/1985YamahaRZ_zpsf424af98-1.jpg (http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/lucky1366/media/1985YamahaRZ_zpsf424af98-1.jpg.html)

Lord Letto 20
03-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Dat Firebird/Trans-Am!

El Camexican
03-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Dat Firebird/Trans-Am!
It was my next-door neighbor’s that I bought from him in 87. It was originally a 4 speed 6.6 with the W6 suspension package and a 3.73 diff. When he got it all the fire chicken decals were removed, all chrome was blacked out, the front end was lowered, the front sway bar tension was released and a nicely warmed over 455 from an old Pontiac station wagon took the place of the 400.

He did all the work and drove it for a couple years before I traded him for a small block race engine I had pulled from my 69 Nova after blowing out the diff and the nodular Super T10 transmission output shaft. Turned out that shaft was worth a lot more than I could afford at the time and a standard T10 shaft didn’t fit, so the body when to a new owner and I got a T/A

Anyway, I didn’t have to do anything but keep that T/A clean for many years. It was a sleeper. Back then the fastest stock car I can recall was the 87 Mustang GT and while the GT’s had me beat out of the hole every time that T/A would leave them for dead at about 40MPH. Spinning all over the place it would turn high 13’s in the ¼ at a tick under 110mph. That may not sound fast today, but back then you had to spend a lot of money, or install a NOS system to go faster and that T/A still had a Q-Jet carb sitting on what looked like a stock intake manifold and a stock distributer. Of could no one knew that both had been mailed to H.O. Specialties in California for a little tweaking.:naughty: The only mods you could see were the headers and the opened up shaker scoop and the 400’s had a rep for making lots of noise and not going anywhere, so it was easy to pull of the old “It’s stock except for the headers” when setting up street races.

As time went on it did what all Canadian cars do and started rusting though all over the place and when the clutch started slipping I let it go to another friend for $600 bucks. God I wish I could turn the clock back and have the bike and the car in my garage again.:(

oldskool83
03-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Its not a bad looking truck, however do they not come new with rear wheel well liners? looks funny seeing the nice painted white bed up under the wheel well?

Kintore
03-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Nice ride. Just to confirm, you are doing your math with US gallons and not the 4.6L Canadian gallons, right?

You are correct, it was the American gallon.

El Camexican
03-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Its not a bad looking truck, however do they not come new with rear wheel well liners? looks funny seeing the nice painted white bed up under the wheel well?

I though that was odd too, but I like the look over plastic.

atc007
03-10-2014, 09:55 PM
All GM's 07-up are like this.

oldskool83
03-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Hmm, They must want sales at the body shop then so the bed rust out. Every truck with out liners seems to rust out in 7-10 years now days.

petesatc
03-13-2014, 06:53 AM
how about a VW??? (if the states get them??) heres mine
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh318/pilotpete1/IMG_7432_zpse53b45c6.jpg (http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pilotpete1/media/IMG_7432_zpse53b45c6.jpg.html)
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh318/pilotpete1/IMG_7434_zpsab847f9f.jpg (http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pilotpete1/media/IMG_7434_zpsab847f9f.jpg.html)

atctim
03-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Just to back up my statement regarding the tundra rear end - look here:

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-general-discussion/104646-rear-diff-sizes.html

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/2007-toyota-tundra-rear-axle/

hublake
03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
how about a VW??? (if the states get them??) heres mine
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh318/pilotpete1/IMG_7432_zpse53b45c6.jpg (http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pilotpete1/media/IMG_7432_zpse53b45c6.jpg.html)
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh318/pilotpete1/IMG_7434_zpsab847f9f.jpg (http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pilotpete1/media/IMG_7434_zpsab847f9f.jpg.html)

That is a nice looking truck. Not available here plus the steering wheel would be on the wrong side. Lol

oldskool83
03-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Not bad, looks better then the Honda thing....but I consider that still and SUV with a bed.

Lord Letto 20
03-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Not bad, looks better then the Honda thing....but I consider that still and SUV with a bed.

a S(L)UT (Sport (Luxury) Utility Truck) like with the Escalade and Hummers?
Edit: as per Wikipedia:

Sport utility trucks

Sport utility truck (SUT) is a marketing term for a vehicle deriving from an SUV or Crossover with the distinction of four doors and an open bed similar to that of a pickup truck—suitable for light to heavy-duty capability, depending on the vehicle. Examples include the Cadillac Escalade EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Honda Ridgeline, Hummer H2 SUT, Hummer H3T, SsangYong Musso Sports and SsangYong Actyon Sports.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_utility_truck#Sport_utility_trucks

oldskool83
03-13-2014, 02:25 PM
no one needs a hummer, that's a rich man jeep

fabiodriven
03-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Better late than never...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8P5vGcf-NU

DohcBikes
03-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Don't think the Ferd Effteenthousand can handle it? Well that's cuz you're an idiot

Lol..awesome

slashfan7964
03-13-2014, 10:31 PM
I love that video haha.

El Camexican
03-13-2014, 10:56 PM
LOL! I was waiting for him to sing: ♪Have you driven a Ferd latley?♪

Dropped the big check off today. More Mexican paperwork to process and then it's insurance, Lojack installation, plates and... I get to take it home! They promised to clean it up and I told them to leave it like it is. The salesman assured me that they had a bunch of tools and chemicals to clean it up, I told him I had all the same stuff and more and not to dare deprive me of being the first to wash it:Bounce

El Camexican
03-23-2014, 11:20 PM
... and 10 days later still no truck:cry:

I don't know what to think. I put over 40% down, was told the company was approved for the remainder, paid the insurance, the Lojack, bought the plates and signed my name at least 30 times. They have been promising me the keys "any moment now" since Thursday and here I sit without wheels under my ass. If ya'll don't hear from me after 7:00pm CST tomorrow it's likely because I'm either out for a ride or incarcerated.:mad:

El Camexican
03-24-2014, 11:56 PM
I`m sorry to hear that.......i`d drive a piece of chit like they do so you don`t stick out like a sore thumb cause somebody`s liable to squeeze you ! Just my ghetto mentality..........oh it`s illegal to wash your car with a hose so do it @ night.......thats why they shut off the water 12 hrs a day...... you rely on the cistern from dey roof ! How much for dee truck 35k + 15k for fee`s ? The only ting i will own when i get there is LA CERVEZA MAS FINA !

Got it! Worth the wait!!!:D :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce

Glamy you’re right about the low profile thing, but keep in mind that MTY is one of the richest cities in the world, so as long as “el pinche güero cabron” (my nick here) stays clear of the bad sections of town I’m pretty safe in the rest of the city as everyone else is driving a BMW, or an Audi. My only real fear is on the highway to Nuevo Laredo which is another reason I put the truck in the company name. I’ve got myself registered as an employee, so when the Federalies hit me up for a mordida, or if, God forbid if the Zetas ever pinch me I’m just a salesman doing his thing in the company truck. Oh, that’s another nice thing about the 2013 Chevy is that unless you know your trucks it can pass for a 2007 model.

Hidden costs were… NADA. IVA is in the sticker price, insurance has no hidden fees, but it is about 20% more than buying direct. Basing what I paid compared to the MSRP of a full load 2013 Silverado LTZ my total was under that, so I’m pretty happy and even more so now that I know it has a 3.42 gear ratio! :Bounce

PittsburghPete
05-25-2014, 02:24 PM
I have the 2013 Armada Platinum and I believe it sits on the same chasis. The 6.2 ltr V-8 engine is a blast. It handles fantastic. It is a different feel from my ford and chevy trucks and thats why I cchose it...same reason I ride 3wheelers! So far mine runs like a clock!!!

shovelryder
05-27-2014, 08:00 AM
I drive an 03 2500 hd chev with the 6.0.....Does great with 10,000lbs of loaded toy hauler behind it. Really happy with the truck. Had a ford not long ago that cost me over a thousand to have plugs done.......sold that junk. Had a really nice Titan that was the best Ive ever driven.....But it just didnt have the mass I wanted towing my camper.......Love my chev.......But the jap and euro manufacturers have quality in the bag if ya ask me.

hoosierlogger
05-27-2014, 09:08 AM
DO NOT WATCH THIS AROUND KIDS OR PEOPLE WITH SENSATIVITIES TO HEAVY PROFANITY. You gave been warned. http://youtu.be/UfHtcUZXljw

El Camexican
05-27-2014, 09:37 PM
"Coincidence? I think not!" lol