PDA

View Full Version : Redneck Weight Set

lokisbuddy
03-04-2014, 09:01 PM
So I was working out with the old redneck weight bench today. endless work...
2 more days on this beast and I can afford my rear brakes for the 200x... the things we do to earn a living ;)

hoosierlogger
03-04-2014, 09:24 PM
I cut this soft maple tree a couple of weeks ago. Not the biggest tree I've cut buy pretty close to it. Took 3 tanks of gas to get it all cut up for the skidder.

Bren_downe
03-04-2014, 09:40 PM
I cut this soft maple tree a couple of weeks ago. Not the biggest tree I've cut buy pretty close to it. Took 3 tanks of gas to get it all cut up for the skidder.

Holy fudge! That's a big azz maple!

lokisbuddy
03-05-2014, 02:20 AM
That tree is big. wish this was maple I'm cutting actually wish it was ash lol oak is heavy as hell

lokisbuddy
03-05-2014, 02:24 AM
Btw i like your rig. what is that? Looks like my 440 mag i love stihl saws second only to poulan. (That was only a joke)

oldskool83
03-05-2014, 02:02 PM
I remember when I use to cut wood...not more lol. got natural gas! however holding the stupid paint can for hours while cutting walls sure builds your forearms lol.

fabiodriven
03-05-2014, 07:55 PM
I've been processing wood non stop. This year was the first year ever I didn't make nearly enough firewood. I knew it wasn't going to be enough, but I just didn't have the initiative. I was dreading the thought of processing firewood in the dead of winter but I refuse to buy oil now. It's been almost 3 years since I've used the boiler and I'm not starting it now after I've gone this long without it. I just hate the log splitter, it's so mindless. I hadn't used the maul to split wood in years but I felt like doing it by hand. I've been working out a lot lately anyways. I truly enjoy splitting wood now that I do it by hand. Nobody else is going to do it so it's a workout I can't bail out of.

hoosierlogger
03-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Btw i like your rig. what is that? Looks like my 440 mag i love stihl saws second only to poulan. (That was only a joke)

That is one of my 4 660's. That one is hopped up a little with a high flow air filter, lowered transfers, ported muffler and spins about 14,000 rpm.

hublake
03-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I have used more wood this year than in the past. I usually put one row of wood on my deck which is about 3 face cords. That was gone a month ago. I have plenty cut just not on my deck. I have a small place and only use the wood stove during the day time as I am too lazy to get up in the night to put in more wood. I will be busy cutting this summer, fortunate to have free access to all I want.

fabiodriven
03-05-2014, 08:34 PM
I've probably used 5 cord so far and I'm gonna need probably another 2 to finish off the season.

Scootertrash
03-05-2014, 11:13 PM
I've been processing wood non stop. This year was the first year ever I didn't make nearly enough firewood. I knew it wasn't going to be enough, but I just didn't have the initiative. I was dreading the thought of processing firewood in the dead of winter but I refuse to buy oil now. It's been almost 3 years since I've used the boiler and I'm not starting it now after I've gone this long without it. I just hate the log splitter, it's so mindless. I hadn't used the maul to split wood in years but I felt like doing it by hand. I've been working out a lot lately anyways. I truly enjoy splitting wood now that I do it by hand. Nobody else is going to do it so it's a workout I can't bail out of.

I love splittin wood by hand.

I told the neighbor and his wife I had some wood to split. He said "Wanna borrow my splitter?" I said "Nah, I'll do it by hand". His wife asked "Why do you want to do it by hand?" I said "Then I don't have to cuddle afterwards" :naughty:

:wondering It took her a couple of seconds, but she finally got it.

I'm not so sure you guys should be posting pics of your wood on the internet. Once it's on the net it never goes away ya know. ;)

Scootertrash
03-05-2014, 11:16 PM
I've probably used 5 cord so far and I'm gonna need probably another 2 to finish off the season.

4x4x8 full cords?

hoosierlogger
03-06-2014, 06:19 AM
4x4x8 full cords?

That's probably about right for the east coasters. This winter has been a long cold one. I have burnt 25 ricks so far. That is a little over 8 cords. I have an out door boiler that I heat my 100 year old drafty house, garage, and water with.

Scootertrash
03-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Holeee carp!! That's a lot of wood!

I don't have a boiler, just a large wood stove in the 3rd level and an insert upstairs in the living room. We go thru probably 3 cord a winter and that's with the big stove running 24/7

fabiodriven
03-06-2014, 08:10 AM
I would never shite you Scooter, you're my favorite turd.

I'd just be guessing but I've been doing this long enough to have a sense of what I'm using. As Greg said, this winter has been exceptionally long and cold and my house has crap windows and no insulation. I don't use any other form of heat either. I've had to keep the stove going full bore all the time, and I mean full bore. It literally glows red most of the time.

briano
03-06-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm going out this weekend to get some more wood. I'm out now, I burned about 5 cords so far. My buddy went through 15 cords in his wood boiler heating his house and garage. It's been brutally cold this winter.

lokisbuddy
03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
That's probably about right for the east coasters. This winter has been a long cold one. I have burnt 25 ricks so far. That is a little over 8 cords. I have an out door boiler that I heat my 100 year old drafty house, garage, and water with.

lol we heat 2 houses a 5 bay garage, a 2 car garage and a pole barn and we have used every bit of 40 pulp cord and I have another 30 pulp cord in that pic to cut up. using an out door boiler.
Edit: supposed to read "another 40 pulp cord in that pic" not 30

Yamada
03-07-2014, 09:47 PM
I guess I'll have to take a picture of our splitted wood pile. We finished splitting today.

czac
03-10-2014, 01:57 PM

We've used just about 2-3/4 cord so far... We'll use a little of 3 cords this season. Bt on the good side, I only had to buy 2 tanks of oil this year and all our firewood came from our property so no cost there. now I have about 2 or 3 cords of oak I chopped after a friend lost a huge oak during hurricane Sandy... I got half, the half that the storm took down. the other half was hanging way to close to the wires so I didn't want to drop it. I also have a couple more cords from chopping trees on my property. I guess I should start looking for more for 2015 huh? lol

czac
03-10-2014, 02:08 PM
I guess I'll have to take a picture of our splitted wood pile. We finished splitting today.

it don't count unless its neatly stacked into cords or in a holz hausen http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/fluckiger132.html
lol

Do you split by hand or use a Machine. I want a machine cause my old ass gets tired splitting but I gotta say, there is something zen like when your splitting wood with a nice heavy Maul. And I have tried em all but I like the old style ones (they look more like a sledge hammer with an axe blade) not the new ones that resemble more of a sledge hammer with a wedge on one end.

tri again
03-10-2014, 02:46 PM
5 cords usually gets me through but I also heat my water
tanks around the stove. (pressurized with air tanks outside for power outs)
Gonna try to pipe in some pex tubing to heat the floor in the shop.

Got a load of some odd shaped dimensional wood, real pretty.
Apparently came from a place that supplies gibson guitars with wood
for solid bodies...almost hate to burn it.
some post said ash wood?
I LOVE it, or my stove loves it. burns slow, lotsa heat, low ash
and dad said it burns green, but not sure about that yet.
Hopefully the 'round the clock burns are over.
My stove went out ONCE since November.

fabiodriven
03-10-2014, 05:34 PM
I bought a log splitter at least 5 years ago and I stopped using the maul altogether. I really started to dread the thought of splitting wood over the last few years which wasn't how I used to feel about it. Just about a month ago I picked the maul back up and viola! That's what I was missing. I'll always need the splitter for the big stuff I can't split by hand, but from now on I'll be splitting a lot more with the maul.

Yamada
03-12-2014, 08:46 AM
it don't count unless its neatly stacked into cords or in a holz hausen http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/fluckiger132.html
lol

Do you split by hand or use a Machine. I want a machine cause my old ass gets tired splitting but I gotta say, there is something zen like when your splitting wood with a nice heavy Maul. And I have tried em all but I like the old style ones (they look more like a sledge hammer with an axe blade) not the new ones that resemble more of a sledge hammer with a wedge on one end.

We have to wait after the snow melt to cord it. We use a wood splitter behing the Massey Ferguson 245 tractor. This baby is at least 9 feet tall.