PDA

View Full Version : 1985 250es BR build..... Need some parts

coon555
03-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and I have just purchased two 1985 basket cases. My father-inlaw wants me to build him a BR after seeing mine so I'm on a mission to get it done. I have two engines, two frames, two seat pans (but the foam is shot), one set of forks and a rearend out of an 85' trx 250. I also have one complete wiring harness that's uncut. The problem is I need a carb and a muffler. I've looked on Ebay but you have to be a millionare to afford a muffler it seems. The carbs I have are missing the plastic side cover and both are full of dirt. One of the carbs had gas in it so long it would not move at all! Can anyone tell me if the carbs on ebay are any good? Does anyone have a seat for a reasonable price along with a muffler??? Thanks for your help in advance and:naughty: I'll try to post pics soon.

ezmoney1979
03-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and I have just purchased two 1985 basket cases. My father-inlaw wants me to build him a BR after seeing mine so I'm on a mission to get it done. I have two engines, two frames, two seat pans (but the foam is shot), one set of forks and a rearend out of an 85' trx 250. I also have one complete wiring harness that's uncut. The problem is I need a carb and a muffler. I've looked on Ebay but you have to be a millionare to afford a muffler it seems. The carbs I have are missing the plastic side cover and both are full of dirt. One of the carbs had gas in it so long it would not move at all! Can anyone tell me if the carbs on ebay are any good? Does anyone have a seat for a reasonable price along with a muffler??? Thanks for your help in advance and:naughty: I'll try to post pics soon.
Welcome to 3WW! There is a member here that specializes in those particular carbs and might have the parts you are looking for- FlyingW is his screen name. Good luck with your build:beer

Big G
03-05-2014, 07:32 PM
I know of a 250ES muffler for 50 bucks, but then there'd be shipping on top of that from Canada.

coon555
03-06-2014, 09:18 AM
I know of a 250ES muffler for 50 bucks, but then there'd be shipping on top of that from Canada.

Is there anyway to let me know how much it would cost to ship it to Sedalia Missouri? Area code is 65301. Thanks allot!