PDA

View Full Version : I need atc 90 help. Possibly cam timing?

AlbertB
03-07-2014, 03:45 AM
I needed to replace my shift shaft seal so i went in there today and replaced it. I noticed the cam chain was real loose so i tightened it, i read somewere this is supposed to be done when cold it that true? I did it when it was cold could this have caused the cam timing to have been off?

tri again
03-07-2014, 07:28 AM
I needed to replace my shift shaft seal so i went in there today and replaced it. I noticed the cam chain was real loose so i tightened it, i read somewere this is supposed to be done when cold it that true? I did it when it was cold could this have caused the cam timing to have been off?

Hi and welcome.
See if you can click on the next 2 words:
service manual

Should get you to a manual.
If yours has a cam cover that says 'cdi',
good idea to clean it and light lube.
I guess even if it has points, it has an advance plate in there
with springs and rust and stuff.
Worn chains can change cam timing for sure.
Usually they slap so bad noise wise that we change them.
Not sure if the manual has a 'service limit' type of measurement
for the chain but
someone will surely chime in.

barnett468
03-07-2014, 12:05 PM
I noticed the cam chain was real loose so i tightened it, i read somewere this is supposed to be done when cold it that true?It makes very little difference if any.

I did it when it was cold could this have caused the cam timing to have been off?No. See reply above.

Does your bike actually have a problem now?

Free online manuals, click on desired manual in blue once link opens. It might taker 15 minutes to load.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

effort=results
03-11-2014, 12:04 AM
Ya im confused . Does it run .

AlbertB
03-27-2014, 05:12 PM
It does. My stator unfortunately flew out of my hands fell in my tool box and a wire going from winding to winding broke. I got a new one and it starts but it boggs down when you hit the accelerator and wont go anywere