PDA

View Full Version : Picking up a 85' YTM200ERN tomorrow.

swoosht04
03-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Well I am picking up a 85' YTM200ERn. The trike is complete. Everything is there. It has the tow hitch, front and rear racks, reverse, electric start, 2 keys, title and manual. It was in a inside storage space and covered. It has new tires from and rear. I grabbed it last weekend and changed the plug, pulled out the air cleaner and removed the dead battery. I checked the oil. A little dirty but I was not going to drain it till the oil filter came in that I ordered. I slide the air box off to get access to the rear of the carb. I removed the fuel line from the carb and the return line and ran some gas thru the tank to clean it out a bit. Some dirt and stuff ran thru the line and I did this till it ran clear. I swished the tank around some more and repeated it. I attached the line put in a bit of fuel with some Sta-Bil additive. Before the bike was stored the guy ran the motor dry. I pulled on the starter string a few times to make sure the piston got some oil on it before I tried to start it. I attached the line turned the petcock to "ON" and waited a bit. It did not start. I shot some started fluid into the carb and it would start and idle till the fluid ran out (I am sure this has to be the case) and then die. If tried to give it some gas it would die. I will be picking the trike up tomorrow and I will remove the carb and check to see if the float bowls are sticking and check the main jet. I don't want to get too into it as I have yet to fine a carb kit. Only the separate items. I will try some Simple Green and some carb cleaner to clean out any gunk. I will even try and use some strands of cooper wire to work thru the main jets. I saw a set of bowls for the Carb on Ebay for over a grand (:cry:) so I am praying that they are fine. If I cannot get it running with that I will see about taking it to a shop. I think there is somebody n S. Florida I read about although I don't have a shop address. What do you think this is worth? I am buying it for my Dad. He will use it to run around his property and get the mail in his Northern Ga home (I think its like 2 kilometers to his mail box from his front door). Thanks guys and I look forward to reading you replies.
I'll post pics tomorrow once I make the 3 hour round trip tomorrow.

Swoosh

atc007
03-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Welcome. Carb just needs completely disassembled and cleaned. Also the valves will need checked. Shortline on here is in FLA. And is as top notch as a tech gets. He can make her purr again for ya. His name is Mike.

swoosht04
03-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Yeap. Thats his name. I'm gonna do some digging and send him a PM. What do you think is a good price for a "Macheene" like this?

maxdallasfan
03-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Pics please. We need pics. We're all nuts.

atc007
03-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Not being smart. Could be $100,could be $350. But needing all that work. I would say $200 ish.

swoosht04
03-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Here are some pics from before. I will post more tomorrow.

swoosht04
03-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Here are some. Got it running and even took it for a spin. I still need to replace the battery and fluids. The carb needs to still be adjusted as it pops every now and then. The Trike has everything on it that Yamaha put on it. The tool box is still attached with all tools still in it wrapped with a white string and with foam inserts to keep from rattling.

Jmoozy27
08-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Got mine from a friend who was moving up north and couldn't bring it with him. Didn't run, and no air in the tires. It was hard as hell to get into the truck. A few months later, and a little heartache got it rolling well. New air filter, DG RCM exhaust and she runs strong. Working on getting the jets correct now.

muthey
08-11-2014, 02:38 PM
watch the shift shaft, they have a tendency to break right at the case where the circlip goes, otherwise that is a very well taken care of machine.