PDA

View Full Version : New Guy From Winnipeg, Manitoba - Canada

jchale
03-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Hey gents,

New to the site. Was recommended by a fellow Ontario ATC250r enthusiast. I recently bought an 85 and currently looking at a mint 86. My uncle had the same years when I was young and I have always wanted to get one. I will probably completely redo the 85. I have a bunch of parts including brand new OEM rear fenders (ouch). Browsing the site I see I will find lots of information for technical advice etc. I also have a 1984 ATC110 that was purchased new along with a bunch of other machines I enjoy maintaining.

Glad to be part of a group who spend lots of time and money keeping these machines going. I think most of my buddies think I'm crazy wasting my time but pride of ownership is all worth it.

Attached is a pic of my 85 that I purchased. Over all clean. Rear axle has rust, exhaust has poor paint job, rear fenders are cracked, seat is cracked but foam is good, swing arm skid tabs are broken off. I have lots of new parts and will be looking for more parts.

Look forward to lots of learning and help from others and hopefully helping others out.

Jay

El Camexican
03-09-2014, 03:42 PM
How's it goin eh? Where do your ride? Sandy lands, Floodway? Beausejour? I seem to reall the law always had issues where ever I went. Are there any good areas to ride there now?

jchale
03-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Actually have a cottage in Sioux Narrows, Ontario which is SE of Kenora, ON. Lots of trails and pits in the area. I take it you lived here and moved to the warmth? Never had issues with the law to date.

Take care.

El Camexican
03-09-2014, 04:24 PM
lived here moved to the warmth had issues with the law

I moved your words around to create my answer:lol:

90guy
03-10-2014, 01:20 AM
Well hello to a neighbor from the north! Welcome to the forum!

JasonB
03-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Welcome to the forums, nice 85 r!

Daniel86
03-11-2014, 03:35 AM
Hello and welcome to the site from middle TN:welcome: