PDA

View Full Version : Man buried with his Harley

OKSTATE#1
03-09-2014, 10:34 PM
http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1598403

I dont know.....it's morbid, yet....I sort of understand in regards to my Big Red.....kinda....

Chopsaw
03-09-2014, 10:57 PM
To weird for me .

captainweezy
03-09-2014, 11:09 PM
You can't take it with you?? Yes I can!!!! Lol
I like it.

Ghostv2
03-09-2014, 11:27 PM
If it were my family member it would make the funeral easier for me. He's being buried on the thing he loved next to the woman he loved. He's not laying in a casket all fake looking, he's shown in all his glory looking like he always did sitting on his bike. It just would make it easier for me, some people might see it as wrong but I don't.

Dirtcrasher
03-10-2014, 12:55 AM
Well, how should he be buried?, laying down the way he left us??

That was his last wish. More power to him for having the guts to do it as he wished!!

If I die tomorrow, bury me with my cats OZZY and Charles. You'll have to freeze me until they die though...........

trike savior
03-10-2014, 01:56 AM
i remember several years ago seeing on the news a guy got buried in his Corvette. i understand it but think its kind of wasteful, especially if you have family to leave that kind of stuff to. for some it is something they will keep forever to remember you by and worth something if they are ever in a bind. unfortunately many are not as sentimental as i am. the things i have from those I've lost, i will never part with. However, i have watched my dad's siblings and quite a few friends families be torn apart after a death, as they all fought for the scraps. i hate how materialistic our society has become making things like a will or trust really important these days. and you are never too young to have one. otherwise it seems most of what your loved one wanted you to have, gets wasted when everyone lawyers up and gives them a chunk of the estate.

as far as my plans for my body, i see a cemetery as a waste of land and have told friends and family "take the ashes and flush them. trust me, i won't care." (no one thought i would make it to 18. i was a crazy, fearless kid and crazier teenager.) this body is fun while you have it but it is just a vessel. Don't get me wrong, i am not religious anymore. i spent K-8th in a Lutheran school and know the Bible cover to cover. However, I am also a history buff and have always been astonished at the things people have done and the countless numbers of people who killed and died in the name of a religion. not to mention the vast number of religions that have existed and were around a lot longer than Christianity. And also the many different religions that exist today. who is to say which one has it right; they all have great guidelines to live your life by. But when you lay down, looking up at the stars on a clear night, as humans have done for centuries, you cant help but get that feeling that there is more, something bigger out there that we are all part of. i believe that is where the ideas of gods and religion began. as often as i hope it is just over when you die, i hope its not. either way, what happens to the body you leave behind, is only important to those who loved you.

El Camexican
03-10-2014, 02:14 AM
I'll be happy if my wife lets me take a set of clean gitch into the hole.

tri again
03-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Funny, with no particular reason, I'm setting up a treasure hunt.
2 almost sequential #, lowlow hour 110 atc's as a future 'barn find'.
Full set of es and sx farm machines, tractor and some
cool trinkets and guitars.
I just hope it isn't a free for all garage sale for pennies on the dollar.

Wonder if I'll care?