PDA

View Full Version : How much to pay for a 1984 Big Red 200es?

joshinku
03-10-2014, 01:45 PM
I found a 1984 Big Red 200es on Craigs list. The electric start wont start it and u have to disconnect the battery for it to fire up with the pull start. Otherwise, no front rack, may need rear brakes, idles but skips some. I am wondering if I should bother with it, they want $700 for it. Fenders and seat are ok. Any advice would be great, I am not a guy who can much on one. Thanks

tri again
03-10-2014, 02:59 PM
ummmm....around here 6-700 is about right.
4-500 would be better.

I HAD one that would NOT spark with the e start or battery in.
I took the battery out ready to scrap or sell the thing and pulled it
ONCE more for the morbid curiosity and the sucker threw spark.

Never did figure it out. but the guy that got it, got it figured out so not too bad of a fix.
Great machines.
If you feel lucky, let him know you're interested and to call you when he gets an offer
or IF he can come down..or if he wants anything to trade maybe?
I've offered more than asking price and also very honestly that
I'd love to have it so call me if it doesn't sell?

Most important for me is to run it through ALL the gears and reverse,
no major chain slapping knocks or noises.
They made 1/2 million (400,000?) of those so racks are everywhere.
Spitting idle isn't too bad just if it runs good and starts ez and feels like it has good power
aka good compression.
Others have better info than I as it's been a few years for me.

Buck Snort
03-10-2014, 03:47 PM
For 700$ I would wait for a nice one. In my area in Canada, guys are starting to get a good dollar for that model. However the 84 Big Red is still easy to find even in my area. Really nice ones show up once in awhile for not much more money. But be prepared to act fast if you find a good trike for a decent price!

Trimoto74
03-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Ya I would say 700 is a good deal for that machine if everything worked, was there, ran good and maybe a little banged up. I think if you got the cash wait for something nicer. I would probably not pay anything over 600 for that.

King Trikester
03-11-2014, 08:37 PM
I just sold one here for 500$, it's a bit banged up but ran great, e start worked just no brakes. 500-700 seems resonable if its complete and is not a banged up welded axle POS. (mine had the hubs welded to the axels, watch out for that it drove me crazy, thats part of the reason I sold it)

kebby28
03-11-2014, 09:37 PM
4-500 for that one in my opinion. I just sold a decent one for 500 and EVERYTHING worked and all plastics and racks were there.