PDA

View Full Version : first time for everything

AIR_RIDER
03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Well my 200s motor was leaking out of all the top end gaskets so i decided to pull it out and do the top end and well i have a few questions i figure i should ask before i break something. First how do i get the head to slide on the piston without breaking the rings? Also Im not sure how to set the timing?

AIR_RIDER
03-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Ok now i just need to know how to do the timing and also Im not sure witch way the tentioner rail goes in any help would be great.

MNhondaguy
03-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Search the forum, there's lots of info. Also try a YouTube search. Almost all honda trike engines are relatively the same. Specially 185/200's.

DohcBikes
03-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Do you have a service manual? If not, its a great investment that will pay for itself twenty times!!

MNhondaguy has a great suggestion in searching this great forum, I can assure you that ALL of your questions on a Honda top end can be answered:)

MNhondaguy, your avatar makes me laugh every time I see it:lol:

AIR_RIDER
03-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Haha thanks i had a Manuel on one of my old computers just had to go find it think i got everything figured out

dougspcs
03-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Damn yeah, use a manual..it explains everything step by step.

And for god sakes don't forget that stupid rubber o-ring between the cylinder head and cylinder..you'll be pulling it back apart!!

85XMAN
03-17-2014, 06:24 PM
Gotta love those manuals but some stuff you just gotta ask. how hard was the timing on it? it was difficult or so I thought on the 350X but after doing it a few times not too bad.