PDA

View Full Version : Another for my Collection

Captainuno
01-05-2004, 02:13 AM
I just bought this 88 wmx125 Cagiva for 650.00, runs like a champ, I found a newer tank (not so yellowed) and clean white side numberplates and newer radiator shrouds on ebay for it. Its going to be torn down and completely restored. I'll post more pics when I get it finished.

samster143
01-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Nice find! I had a 1988 MX125 Husquavarna. very similar bike. I loved it.

Captainuno
01-08-2004, 01:29 AM
Yeah Sam,
I have an 86 that I'm working on too (red but looks identical), it was my last race bike before I retired. Cagiva and Husky have been in bed together since 87 and then in 90 Cagiva purchased the whole Husky factory. The newer plastic that I found on ebay is for a 88 WRK Husky, it's exacally the same as the Cagiva except for the enduro rear fender, but the fender that came with it will buff out ok.
My goal is to aquire & restore all 5 models from 85 to 89. Some people ask me why in the heck would I want to do such a thing, I guess it is because it's something not very many people have. To each thier own I guess. If anyone has any old parts for these bikes let me know, I'd be interested. One mans jusk is another mans treasure.
Happy trails,
Kirk

NOS_350X
01-08-2004, 01:46 AM
I think of you like trikeaholic (but with bikes) you love to restor rare bikes.

samster143
01-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Sorry, no parts here. Back in '91 I had to give that bike to my Lawyer to pay for some services. That was a sad day, but I was free!

timex69
01-09-2004, 11:47 AM
hey
Ive never seen a cagiva or a husky bike...i herd their kinda pricey but that 1 looks nice

Nice find man
al

Captainuno
01-10-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm going to Italy on Jan 24th for business and have taken an extra day to visit the Cagiva factory in Verese. I have no idea if I will be welcomed or not. I'm taking a few of my old race photo's of me on my 84 & 86 Cagivas. I'm not really looking to find any parts but I am looking for the factory stickers for the tank and radiator shrouds that are not available anymore through parts houses. I'm hoping that they might have an old stash somewhere in their warehouse where they keep such items that they feel are obsolete. Who knows I might find a gold mine, but I'm not depending on it. I do have the factory service and parts manuals for both the 86 & 88 so at least I have the part numbers.
Thanks for the complements on the new (to me) bike, I'm pretty proud of her too.
Happy trails,
Kirk