PDA

View Full Version : oldbikes75 from Australia

oldbikes75
03-17-2014, 04:45 AM
Hi all,

have been reading the forum for a while since i bought a atc70 (without engine). I am currently building it for my little girl, bought a loncin 107cc atv engine last sunday. It is a electric start and no gear shift :wondering not too sure if it only have 1 gear or how it works.

anyway, i am looking at chain tensioner and this is what available in ebay australia http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chain-Guide-Tension-Tensioner-Idler-PIT-PRO-Trail-Dirt-Bike-Thumpstar-Quad-ATV-/261093925708?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cca69234c&_uhb=1

have anyone use one similar to this or will this work?

am also try finding a way to locate the battery.

thanks

YTZ drew
03-17-2014, 08:02 PM
Welcome aboard! I can't answer your chain tensioner question, but as far as the battery is concerned, have you thought about not even putting one on the bike? Personally, I have given up with keeping these little batteries alive on my daughters mini-quads, this season I am just going to add a couple of quick disconnects and use my tractor battery to start them. They don't draw much current, judging by the size of the battery wires, so a heavy 2-pin plug like what came with my battery tender should do. The ignition doesn't need the battery to run, and you can't stall an automatic, so I'll just start them up and disconnect the battery.

JasonB
03-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the boards. I don't know about the chain tensioner but along the lines of battery, my brother has a 70 with a 250 loncin motor in it and has quick disconnects attached to the lines since the battery is inside the frame and the lines are short. He has it setup where the quick disconnect lines drop out of the frame and he just plugs his trickle charger up for easy battery charging and has had good luck with that.

Daniel86
03-18-2014, 06:49 PM
Hell and welcome to the site from middle TN!!

oldbikes75
03-20-2014, 11:55 PM
thanks guy for the reply and ideas.