PDA

View Full Version : can you identify this atc-90 exhaust?

NJPCRX
03-18-2014, 07:04 PM
I already bought this, lol, but can someone id this old exhaust pipe? The guy thought it was a stock exhaust, but its not. It looks nothing like my 74's exhaust. Is it a supertrapp? Also, does it look like its missing anything in the picture of the tailpipe closeup?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281188058856?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

86125m
03-19-2014, 05:04 PM
I know its not a stock exhaust but I don't know what it is. I also think it does fit your 90 but without holding it in my hands I cant be 100% positive. I don't think its missing anything just strip it down and repaint it with VHT Super high temperature exhaust paint that's really good stuff I pout it on my 86 125m exhaust when I replaced it the paint has been on there a year now and hasn't faded.

NJPCRX
03-19-2014, 10:16 PM
I figured it would fit because it came off a 74 after talking to the guy. I know the supertrapps had removable packing in the tail pipe section I think, and this one looked like maybe some of it was missing. It looks identical to other supertrapp exhausts I have seen except for the tailpipe hole was flush with the rest of the end, but this one in set in a little bit.

Joseph Farrow
03-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Not a Supertrapp. Maybe a Kirker.

NJPCRX
03-21-2014, 05:23 PM
ok, anybody else. It would be neat to know what I got! It showed up today. It has a resinator with a ton of little fins or louvers inside the muffler. They are all clogged with carbon. What might disolve the carbon deposites? WD-40, pb blaster? Im not gonna be able to clean them very good from the outside. Gonna have to spray some stuff in there

NJPCRX
03-23-2014, 08:02 PM
I know someone knows what this is?

Cornholio
03-23-2014, 08:50 PM
More pictures? Supertrapp was the only exhaust as far as i know that was made with discs for these atc's.

NJPCRX
03-24-2014, 11:18 PM
if you follow the link I posted, there are like 8 pictures of every angle. Just click on the picture you see, then scroll down and it will take you to the original listing. There is absolutely no markings of any kind on this exhaust to give me any clues on what it is, except it looks like a supertrapp just from looking at pictures of other exhausts. If you look down the tail pipe, it just has a million baffles. I thought they were clogged with carbon, but after looking and poking at them with a screw driver, I realized it was packing that was just black with soot. The way the tail pipe is set back in the muffler bell, it looked like it may be missing a spark arrester or something.

shortline10
03-27-2014, 12:46 PM
Pretty sure its the 1980s version of the cobra exhaust , missing the end cap and home made rear mount bracket .

NJPCRX
03-31-2014, 02:56 PM
So its a cobra? There is a rivet on it that holds the guts in the muffler. I think you can drill the rivet out and pull it apart to get to the packing. The bracket looks similar to the supertrapp bracket I have seen. Why do you think its home made?