PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla CV puller

shortline10
03-19-2014, 04:00 PM
Had a rough time trying to pull a cv out of a 660 grizzly with gorilla cv's
I found the solution lol home made 20 pound slide hammer .
How do you guys remove them ?

briano
03-19-2014, 04:12 PM
I didn't have much trouble getting my stock ones out, just a pry bar and out it came. Maybe the aftermarket axles have a stronger retaining clip.

shortline10
03-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Yes I have done hundreds of factory cv's , they come out easy . Gorilla make theirs so their not removable but I found the tool :lol: .

I didn't have much trouble getting my stock ones out, just a pry bar and out it came. Maybe the aftermarket axles have a stronger retaining clip.

atc007
03-19-2014, 04:28 PM
LMAO,,I was like,,he welded right to it.. Then I looked at the pic zoomed. HE WELDED RIGHT TO IT !!! lol. Whatever works. I haven't had the pleasure yet,sold them,but haven't worked on em. And agreed,stockers pop right out :) You literally made a slide hammer,,trying to think of a way to spell hammer to NOT have it put a pic of a hammer,But I don't think it will let me..

shortline10
03-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Yep ..... I welded the rod right to the CV ......

LMAO,,I was like,,he welded right to it.. Then I looked at the pic zoomed. HE WELDED RIGHT TO IT !!! lol. Whatever works. I haven't had the pleasure yet,sold them,but haven't worked on em. And agreed,stockers pop right out :) You literally made a slide hammer,,trying to think of a way to spell hammer to NOT have it put a pic of a hammer,But I don't think it will let me..

briano
03-20-2014, 12:36 PM
I made a slide hammer out of 5/8 fine thread threaded rod. 99% of slide hammer adapters are 5/8 fine thread. I needed a longer reach for a particular job and this worked perfect, put the weight on and thread on a nut for a stop and BINGO, instant slide hammer.

I kinda like saying hammer so I can see a pic of a hammer. Hammer hammer hammer.