PDA

View Full Version : Had Any Of Yous Modified A Go Kart?

junjun01
01-05-2004, 08:29 PM
I Would Like To Turn A Go Kart Into A Off Road Thing; Maybe Bigger Rims?...Can I Put A Trike Motor In It?....Maybe Something Like A Atc 70 Motor?.....Need Some Feedback On this

renotrikeguy
01-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Check out this group over on Yahoo.com

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheEdgeBuggies/ Very nice little things.

junjun01
01-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Check out this group over on Yahoo.com

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheEdgeBuggies/ Very nice little things.
That's Crazy!!!...I Just Want something For Fun,,,It Will Take Too Much Cash For Something Like That...I Don't Want Anything Fancy!!.
Just Bigger Wheels & Engine Than Standard Kart

JW125M
01-05-2004, 09:07 PM
I have a oval track dirt racing kart...modifed briggs.with .286 crane cam wiseco .30over piston billet rod,billet lifters,stainless valves,ported and polished,runs on alky...i smoked a 400ex with it....try http://www.4cycle.com u can buy i whole limated engine for cheap!

Eric
01-06-2004, 07:06 PM
A lot of people like to put snowmoble motors in go Karts, it would be much easier than building the brakets for a trike motor and having to deal with the shifting. As far as rims are conserned i would go with carbon fiber rims they worked great on my mini-bike ang go-Kart. just thought i would thtoe in an opinion and try to sound smart for a minute
__________________________________________________ ___________
Behind every TRIKE is a MAN behind MAN is a WOMAN rolling her eyesat what he is about to do. lol
proven fact

junjun01
01-07-2004, 03:51 AM
I Guess I Could Do That...Get Snowmobile motor,As Tge Rims Where Do I Get something like That?.
I'm Not Sure If I Will Do This Or Not Yet,I Really Don't Have The Tools Needed,Like A Welder And Stuff

TrikeKid
01-07-2004, 03:13 PM
an atc 70 engine wouldnt have enough power i have a cart with a 6 horse tecumche and its 198cc

hondatrikesrule22
01-07-2004, 04:39 PM
I don't know much about snowmobile motors(driveline,tranny ect.),except they have bad ass 2-stroke motors in them.Are they chain drive or what?How hard are they to mount in a stock wal-mart go-kart?If so,I may use one in my next project.

Eric
01-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Its not very hardto do at all being as the motor mount is usualy on the it.
If its a larger go kart it would most likely fit but if its smaller like a kids go kartyou'll probly have to make the mount one the kart wider.

Eric
01-07-2004, 06:50 PM
you an just take a motor out of an old sled(i would go with a 340to440cc)
i have a 440 i would sell for cheap but i realy dont feel like shipping it.
as far as the tires and rims go you can get them from and small engine shop or website. the rims are cheaper on the internet

Name Brand
01-08-2004, 04:51 AM
I've thought about building a go-kart.

I'd make a full tube frame for it, with the fuel tank up front and the engine in the rear. It would be a two seater, side by side. The crazy part is for the engine and driveline. I would use the entire engine, electrical system, axles, and suspension from a front wheel drive car. Something like a little Honda Civic or Accord, with lots of aftermarket support for the engine and driveline, Ricer parts basically.

The engine would just be in the rear instead of the front, rear engine-rear wheel drive. I would need to build a new shifter linkage, and steering in the front. I would eliminate the ability to have the rear wheels to steer. Too complicated for the benifit of four-wheel steering, I think. Radiator would sit up in front. ATV tires all around.

What do you guys think? Two seats, about five forward speeds with reverse, and 1000-2000cc's from a car you can buy for a couple hundred bucks. I think it would be a riot on the beaches where I live.

junjun01
01-08-2004, 08:06 AM
I've thought about building a go-kart.

What do you guys think? Two seats, about five forward speeds with reverse, and 1000-2000cc's from a car you can buy for a couple hundred bucks. I think it would be a riot on the beaches where I live.
One Word For You......Stay Away From The Coffee...Too Much Caffeine For You