PDA

View Full Version : new from southern indiana

nsampson
03-19-2014, 09:07 PM
hello everyone. i just picked up a pitbike to play around on, while tuning it i got to looking at the 85 honda 350x sitting in the corner of the garage. playing on the pitbike has got me amped up about getting the trike back to its glory. i picked it up for free from a friend about a year ago and now i think its about time to start working on it. it sat outside for a few years and is in terrible shape. it does run however, when i got it home i pulled the carb and cleaned it and poured some fuel in and ill be damned if it didnt start. the tank is full of rust so i just kept squirting fuel in the carb to keep it running. i was surprised it turned over much less started.

anyways, as i start on this project ill have plenty of questions and ill be researching heavily. hopefully yall can help me with whatever i cant find on my own. the build will be pretty slow though as im currently in the middle of putting my mustang back together as well.

nick

Larry T Moore
03-20-2014, 04:13 AM
Howdy from southern Indiana

hoosierlogger
03-20-2014, 05:40 AM
Welcome from west central Indiana. Get that 350 going and get over to trikefest in June.

JasonB
03-20-2014, 09:16 AM
welcome to the board! As long as the motor runs and doesnt smoke you have a solid start! plastics and bearings may seem like a lot to deal with but in the grand scheme of things having a good running motor is enough for a good start. And I second Hoosier's suggestion ;) TRIKEFEST!!!!

Daniel86
03-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Hello and welcome to the site from middle TN!!:welcome:

loshe191
03-22-2014, 05:07 AM
Howdy ,welcome from northeast Indiana .