PDA

View Full Version : lost key

250-TRXROX
01-05-2004, 08:51 PM
yeah i was just wondering if u have the serial # off trailprotrailpro bike can u get a key from the manufacturer. i have a 1981 xl 125s dirt bike, can u get a key, is she too old? can sumone tell me. thanx

Drivernumber22
01-05-2004, 08:52 PM
local lock smith might help ya out or try hot wireing

250-TRXROX
01-05-2004, 08:57 PM
yeah hot wiring would be all rite if i hadnt locked the steering becuz shes in storage.

mymint87
01-05-2004, 11:48 PM
dont hotwire...only RIP-OFFS do that.......

and i along with 99% of the people who use this forum HATE RIP-OFFS

get your proof of ownership and get a key made by manu or locksmith

Howdy
01-06-2004, 10:45 AM
dont hotwire...only RIP-OFFS do that.......

and i along with 99% of the people who use this forum HATE RIP-OFFS

get your proof of ownership and get a key made by manu or locksmith

I agree 100% with the above statement!!

Most Honda Dealers can make a key from the number on the lock ( on ATV's anyway ). Call your local dealer and explain the deal. They will advise you on what they can or can't do.
Howdy

J.D.
01-06-2004, 12:56 PM
I lost my keys!

No joke!!

How to run the fuel lines on a 3 wheeler?

speed20
01-06-2004, 02:36 PM
I was going to say....if you didnt lock your steering....all you would have to do is take the key switch off the bike....The previous owner of my moped i have now lost the keys and all i had to do was take the key switch off....might be different i dont know....still wont help you unless you get your steering unlocked though!

250-TRXROX
01-06-2004, 08:26 PM
so the manufacturer can make a key thas kool ,trailprotrailpro sure they can make them for a bike that old though shes a 1981 model thas older than i am.i guess ill have to call the dealer in the city cuz our local dealer cant do it.

3 weelin geezer
01-06-2004, 11:47 PM
can you get at the screws holding the switch/steering lock from underneath? Once you have it out you can separate the lock mechanism from the switch if its a two piece and use a screwdriver to turn the switch while you get a key made. Good idea to tie up the wires out of the way so you dont break them in a turn.

mymint87
01-07-2004, 12:30 AM
ya...and once you have the ignition removed and the steering lock jimmied with a screwdriver ,

you can then ride it around a corner and out to the country where you can strip it down to prostitute the parts out on ebay

once prostituted out on ebay, you will achieve funding to support your eight ball of "crack" a month habit

then you can leave it's stripped carcas/frame there in the field, where the original owner will find it a year later with a thousand bullet holes in it and the tongue hanging out between the tripletrees..

.....NOT

no matter how sincere this and other posts similar to this one are, i always have that uneasy feeling in the back of my mind.....it always makes me ask myself, "is this guy a rip-off?'

250-TRXROX
01-08-2004, 09:02 PM
wat the hell, wats up wit this site u told me to give up the this vs that crap so i did and still even when i ask a sensible question theres always sum jerk who has to get there who has critize. Now really get a life, I asked if i could get a key made i didnt ask for a load of crap from some dude i dont know.